Posts created by bribling

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire on Dec 13, 17 12:04 PM
This is my first Jewel Match Solitaire. I have played many levels. I just finished one and cannot progress to the next because, "You must finish the Castle before progressing." How do I do that? I don't have any jewels to finish it. I can't replay previous games. I tried playing Bonus games but I get no jewels. What can I do to move on? Thanks!

A big Thanks to pennmom36 for the excellant recount of all of the games in this series! I have not played all of them. I did buy them all through Ravenhurst (the original one) and then I have purchased one or two since then so this review of all of the games is very helpful. I especially wanted to keep up with the Ravenhurst games and this Review refreshed my memory as to what was happening in those games. Very nice recap of the whole series!

First I will say that I have not tried this and am not certain if I will.

HE was once my favorite series. I especially loved the first one. I also liked several that came after. I always found this series challenging even from the beginning. I began to lose interest about the time Eipix took over. Eipix has some good skills, beautiful artwork which I look forward to and I have never been disappointed. HE has also had some clever but difficult puzzles. I am not good at tough puzzles that have little information on what to do and so, sadly, I am losing interest in Eipix. I have had to cheat too much lately which makes the games boring and tiresome for me. It's been a while since I purchased a HE game. It saddens me a bit because the HE games were probably the only puzzle heavy games that I always bought.

The Reviews for this game tell me that there are some difficult puzzles with poor instructions. I often have difficulty when the instructions are good - Lol! I still may try the game because I like the art but I doubt that I will buy. Perhaps one day (soon?) games will have two options, Regular and Difficult. I don't necessarily want "Easy" but I do want something easier than the last 3 or 4 by Eipix.

posted in Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition on Oct 14, 17 10:19 AM
I do like the dark, creepy games so October is especially Fun as there seem to be more of them. I do not like Gimmicks or Helpers but it seems that most games these days have one or both of those. This game has glasses. I could do without them. I have just DL'd the Demo and have not played it yet but this looks like it may be a "Buy" for me despite the glasses. Also, Domini is a favorite Dev for me!

For those of you who want something lighter, I highly recommend the "Gardenscapes" games. If you have not played one, try one. They are decorating games with M3 and/or other activities. Pure Fun and no darkness. Great series!

posted in Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition on Aug 19, 17 4:35 PM
I don't like Helpers either. I no longer even test a game that has one unless it is part of a series that I play and even then, I most likely will not buy based on the Helper alone. I guess I take these games too seriously but really, why, just why?

For those of you who do love the Helpers, have you actually purchased one or more games because of the Helper? I'm just curious and there is not a thing wrong with enjoying these little creatures at all. I can see that many people do enjoy them, they are just not for me.

posted in Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition on Jul 30, 17 12:18 AM
Thanks everyone!

posted in Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition on Jul 29, 17 8:51 AM
When I loaded the page this morning there was a pop-up that said something like : "Game Club Sale Price...." I thought it was the half price rate of $7.99. When I DL'd Imortal Love and tried to buy it, the price was half the regular price, 9.99. That is the usual deal during these sales so I was surprised to see the half off Game Club price. Was I seeing things? When I tried to buy the game the cost was the usual $9.99 sale price. I reloaded the page and did not get that GC sale pop-up. I reloaded the browser, same thing. Was I imagining this? Did anyone else see a GC half-price sale today? It was around 6AM EST when I saw this.

It doesn't matter too much. I am mostly just curious about the pop-up Game Club sale that I saw. Maybe I dreamed the whole thing

posted in Dark Realm: Guardian of Flames Collector's Edition on Jul 8, 17 4:43 PM
I really want to like it. I love the Devs and the art is beautiful. I had to use too many Hints though. I was surprised that, as many games I have played, I just did not get what to do most of the time. I could see the "end point" of each puzze but I had a very hard time figuring out how to get there for some reason. By the time I got to the talking hammer I had had enough and gave up on it. I won't delete it yet though. I'll give it another try tomorrow but I am afraid it will be a "No Buy" this time.

This is not a Review but I do have some comments. I wanted to like this, it looks like fun. I quit before I had gone even 15 min. The major problem was with the "Runes". I found them difficult to read and spent too much time trying to read them. I reached my limit on them before I could really discover if I liked the game. I had some other issues as well but I have forgotten them. I am sorry that I could not have played longer. This is an interesting game and not a very comon theme which makes it attractive, something a little different. The struggle to read was just more trouble than the enjoyment which may have been the reward. This is one of my favorite Devs so, I will look forward to the next game from them.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 17 7:52 AM
Well, the good thing is that the Graphics are amazing! The bad thing is that I needed too many Hints. Much of the time I just had not idea what to do. I will say that Puzzles are not my favorite thing and I am not good at some of them. There are some new puzzles in this gam, quite creative, but just sometimes over my head. I cheated a great deal.

The Demo is very generous. I played so long that I actually never got to the end of it. The cryptic puzzles just did me in. Sadly this is a No Buy for me because there is no Fun in constantly getting Hints to know what to do and even then I sometimes didn't understand the Hints. If you want to feel ignorant, this is the game for you

I will say that it is different from any previous MCF which may be a good thing for Eipix. Puzzle lovers are going to have a lot of Fun playing this one!

posted in The Legacy: Forgotten Gates Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 17 3:56 PM
What a nice surprise! This game is Beautiful and Fun. The puzzles are often unique and appropriate to the locations. The art is wonderful. I am still playing and enjoying this game. Don't forget to look for the morphing objects and collectibles as you go. Every scene has been a Joy for me. One of the best games in quite a while with all of the things I enjoy, beauty, cleverness and immersive. It is sometimes a little difficult but not unsolvable. If it continues as it is going it will be one of my all-time favorites. I am now almost ready to make the potion. I have gathered all but one ingredient. Well Done Devs!

posted in The Legacy: Forgotten Gates Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 17 3:49 PM
I wish I could remember. I do recall though that there was a similar puzzle, maybe even this one, that I could not complete all at once. Whatever puzzle it was, I had to find the last piece a bit later so maybe that will do for you too. The Map is often helpful. If I should remember, I will come back and post again.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 9:46 AM
The Dwarf is not a helper. I agree, he is an antagonist. He is also a major element of this series. I also find him annoying but, as the antagonist in this series, I always look forward to besting him in the end. I have just recently been wondering if he would make a comeback and then I laughed when I saw this game today. DL'd it right away so I could see what the eveil little fellow is up to this time.

I had to quit. I used the Hint but it just happens too fast for me and I cannot even get it one key at a time. I'm not certain that I could get it if I knew the notes. I don't understand why there is no Skip for this. It's ruined the game for me. I would not have purchased if I knew I could not finish. I also had to skip a few other games because I could not figure them out and the Hint was too fast for me but at least they had Skips. Very disppointing. Most things are too small as well. If I could zoom in a bit, I might be able to solve this puzzle. Can't see it well, can't move fast enough, tone deaf.

posted in Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 17 11:08 PM
This makes me nuts. I can't move on until all of the achievements are shown. I must be one of the few people who could not care less about Achievements. I just want to play the game but I am prevented from doing that untill all of the achievements I won are shown. I almost quit the main game because of that I I did just quit the Bonus game because of it. I can see no way yo stop them from slowly showing themselves.

Also, why is every thread in this Forum locked?

posted in Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition on Mar 4, 17 1:41 PM
Excellent addition to this Fun series! Thank You!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition on Feb 23, 17 3:54 AM
I am also missing a heart but don't know which one. The bookshelf is no longer accessible so I either got the hearts there or I missed one and can no longer get it. I can't continue with the Bonus game. Disappointing.

Maybe not a full "Review". All I can say is that this game is way too Gimmicky. Dealing with the Gimmicks is the thing here. If you can get beyond those, you might enjoy some of the game play. The graphcis are very nice and the story sounded interesting but I did not play long at all before I began to look for the End of the Demo. I would probably have quit after about 20 min. or even less but I kept thinking that maybe it would either get better or I would begin to see beyond the Bracelet, the Dog, the Cards, the Masks, etc. and like something about it. I am sorry to say that, NO, I never got over all the silly stuff so I could actually enjoy the game. Sadly, it's a NO BUY for me and, I did really want to like it.

A little more: I apologize for not saying more about the game play. I had no particular complaints about the actual "Game" itself. It was about average and would probably have been OK if I had actually played a bit more. I did come to the end of the Demo before I ran out of time. I did like the Dog but I am a Dog person and am particularly missing my dogs who have all gone to the Rainbow Bridge without me.

The puzzles were OK and a bit innovative even though sometimes familiar. There are some morphing objects which I still enjoy after several years of playing games that have them. You will sometimes need to find an item or two in order to complete some of the puzzles. I like doing that. I really did not like the Bracelet. The Bracelet was sometimes used too often as far as I am concerned though others may enjoy that.

All in all, the game was just OK for me and the Gimmicks too much for me. I suppose that if I had not already played hundreds of these games, I might have enjoyed the game more though I have never liked Gimmicks. As a fairly New player of these games, I might have easily shrugged off the Gimmicks and found the game much more enjoyable.

If you think you might like this game, please try the Demo.

An interesting story and beautiful graphics. I want to like it and yet, it makes me feel a bit stupid. I used a lot of Hints because I just did not "get" what I was supposed to do. When I thought I knew, I didn't. I am still interested in this despite that but I am on the fence as I suppose the game will continue in much the same way. I will keep it in mind for another sale. I have some other games that i want for this sale. I understand them

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Dec 14, 16 11:45 AM
I dislike this immensely. I paid for this CE and I want to access everything. I do not want to play this boring, ridiculous shooter game in order to access the Extras. I have been a Member here sice 2004 and have actually visited the site since the beginning. I own hundreds of games and therefore have spent a crazy amount of money to play those games and have very much enjoyed them. I do, however, think that when I pay for a game, especially a CE, I should have access to everthing and not be forced to play some silly shooter in order to access the Extras. There is no Fun in this silly game and little skill. it is a waste of time. I have chronic pain and do not want to suffer through this shooter in order to get to something enjoyable. I am sorry I bought the CE.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator