Posts created by suetyler

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Apr 29, 16 3:58 PM
I agree with everyone. This game is very hard, and there were several times when I really don't think I could have made it through without 9otters. It actually makes playing the game more fun, because I know that eventually she/he will post the solution to whatever I need help with.

If game developers realized how much more satisfying it is to know you have a safety net, they might be more inclined to make a walkthrough. As it is, I think I would have ditched the game, otherwise. I know I'll see the solution to particular problems, at some point, but probably wouldn't spend all that time doing it.

So, thanks again, 9otters.

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Apr 5, 16 2:54 AM
I agree. I don't know what it must have taken for you to have not only solved the rooms, but written down the solutions so carefully. I can't count the times I was about to give up, didn't have any more time to spend on it, and eventually resorted to 9otters walkthrus. So far, they are perfectly correct, down to the last detail. Kudos to you, girl. (You must be a girl.)

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Apr 5, 16 2:45 AM
I've found that by not avoiding being blown up, and all the other ways to die, including "death by puppet", I pick up useful information. I've also discovered new ways of doing things, that I didn't know I could do. All by letting myself be killed over and over. Each mansion has a new set of tricks that you can learn to get through. So -- don't be afraid of dying. It's often the way to see the solution.

posted in Rescue Team 4 on Mar 3, 16 1:51 PM
I would just add that you DON'T use any more of the planks and fish than you need at any one point. You'll need one fish to free that last man in the lower right.

You'll need one plank right away, then a fish. Use them sparingly. If you get them all at once, you'll be left without other resources that you will need.

Otherwise, it's pretty straight forward.

posted in Rescue Team 4 on Mar 3, 16 1:32 PM
For those who wanted help with Level 47, and the threads are locked:

First, the generator. The gas is located in the lower right hand corner, after all the bandits have been neutralized. (You will have built a House and a Burger Joint.) 2nd, after the train moves, you'll notice that men run into the 2nd Headquarters in the lower right hand corner. 3rd, remove the branches and run across the tracks from that 2nd Quarters. 4th, build a new House and Burger Joint, because the previous ones won't work now that the train has moved. 5th, remove the obstacles to the Clinic, in the upper right hand corner, because you can't heal the people without it. Finally, heal the people and get the dynamite.

It's easy when you see it, but it's not obvious, at first.

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Mar 1, 16 1:11 PM
Perfect. That's probably the only combination of moves I didn't try. Feeling stupid!

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Mar 1, 16 1:08 PM
Oh, never mind. I didn't realize that I needed to move the cursor to the right while the message popped up. Going to try it now.

Thanks!

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Mar 1, 16 1:04 PM
I couldn't read the spoilers. Could you message me, or something? Or, give me a hint? I'm driving myself crazy with this one. Just can't see the solution.

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Feb 27, 16 10:09 PM
Sure. I just went back replayed it. It's not really all that hard. You have to, of course, blow up the floor of the door box right away. Then, using the magnet and the arrow, you have to maneuver the ladder box to the first box of Line 2 (Box 5, I think). Since you can only enter the ladder box from the right hand side wall, and it has to be underneath the door, you have to get it to the #5 box, with all the other boxes on the top line. Then, once you get into the ladder box, all you have to do is slide it down to Box #8, climb up the ladder, and out the door. It might take some retries to get the boxes in the right position, but you'll see the logic immediately, now that you know what to do.

Also, yes -- the Basement puzzles WERE hard to do. Some of them include actions that you won't know that you can do, so try anything that comes to mind. You'll have to blow yourself up a number of times before you see the solution.

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Feb 26, 16 12:54 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

I agree -- it's a great game. But, there is no Walkthru available. The ones on YouTube are frustrating, because they show someone actually playing the game, and you have to go thru his/her wrong attempts fully, until they hit on the right one. I tried it once (there are no others) and after about 20 retries for the level I was looking at, I gave up in disgust. If you know how to do a level, then just DO it, already.

I finally became irredeemably stuck on Mansion 3, Room 3, and couldn't, for the life of me, figure out the combination of moves necessary to get thru that door. It didn't, actually, look possible. So, I guess I'm done.

Other than that (very BIG ) disappointment, the game is fantastic. Just don't expect to get help, if it's not a question answered on the Forum, as mine wasn't.

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Feb 26, 16 12:46 PM
Same here. I'm stuck. All the rest of the Mansions and rooms were ultimately, logically, teased out. But, I can't, for the life of me, see how it is possible to get that one floorless box in position to go thru the door. I've tried every combination of moves, and tried to see whether there is some "secret" combination which will result in the rooms moving in a new pattern. But . . . nothing. PLEASE someone: if you know the answer to this, please post it here.

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Feb 22, 16 9:31 PM
I'm stuck here. I can see what squares need to be next to each other, but can't for the life of me get them there. I've been trying for hours. Any tips?

posted in Holiday Jigsaw Christmas 2 on Jan 20, 16 1:54 PM
How do you get rid of the sparkling stars on the cursor? The settings control does nothing, and, in general, doesn't work to change anything at all. The cursor stars obscure the pieces I'm trying to fit together, and bugs me so much that I've just exited the game. Also, the flashing pieces that light up when you hit the "Hint" button are a pain. I've found, however, that if you click on another, unrelated piece, it stops the flashing, and you can go back to the two pieces that were lit up and fit them together easily. If you don't do this, it's just hit or miss, because the flashing makes it impossible to see the outlines or the colors of the pieces. I would also like to change the background from the burgundy that it is now, to a more neutral color, but the Settings option doesn't work for this. The burgundy is so dark that it makes it difficult to see the pieces you are hunting for.

So, any suggestions would be welcome.

Otherwise, it's a good game. I use the highest setting for the number of pieces, change the size to irregular, and choose "rotate". The puzzles are then similar to the real thing.

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart on Jan 11, 16 10:26 AM
My experience was that it was a Windows 10 incompatibility issue. Luckily, I changed back to Windows 7 before the month grace period was up, and all my games went back to normal. BFG is no help with this. Don't bother. You can get a tech to uninstall Win 10. Or . . . give up your games.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 on Jan 3, 16 3:24 AM
I had the same problem with Windows 10 that a previous writer had. That thread was locked, and this one will probably be, too. But, I wanted to give my solution anyway. It's easy: get rid of Win 10. MS gives you a month to change your mind, and the uninstall is very easy, and takes about 3 minutes. Everything goes back to normal, and your games will all work once more. BFG CS was no help to me at all, which is why I simply dumped Win 10. I advise everyone else to do that, too. Win 10 was designed to fix some problems with the previous upgrade. Very few people actually need it, and it causes more problems than it fixes. Not just the games. GET RID OF IT.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 on Jan 3, 16 3:15 AM
Yeah, I have to admit that I didn't see the answer at first, and finally resorted to the Forum where I was amazed at how blind I was. Once you see the solution, it's easy to do. I thought the game was great. I also loved the Fall Trilogy. I don't care for the ones that are simply too difficult to figure out without help, or the ones that require a manual dexterity that I don't have. Nikopol was one of those. I just couldn't do the puzzles fast enough, and gave up and tossed that one. Safecracker was one that I had to toss, too, because I just spent too much time on the Forum trying to figure it out. Not very fun. THIS game, though, was fun. Creepy, and just hard enough to be challenging, without being too frustrating. That's what the Forum is for: getting you over any seemingly insurmountable humps. They're just games, and they're supposed to be fun, and not impossible. This one is well designed, in my opinion.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator