Posts created by gentlegranny

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Dec 8, 17 12:10 PM
I do not understand the mini game where at the witch tiles are surrounded by the yellow hand tiles. It may just be me but I see no rhyme nor reason to it. Even though I try not to use the strategy guide, I did and I don't think it really explained anything. It is one thing to not be able to complete a game because of skill it's another thing to not even under stand it at all. It completely going to game for me if I have to skip something. Please help me.

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition on Oct 19, 15 10:34 PM
I have the same issue. I want to know how it ends! Or. I want my money back! Am tired of paying for something that doesn't work!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the guide is empty. Any suggestions?

I cannot figure out the pirate hop. It just says it needs light. How and what do I do? I'm so frustrated.

I cannot figure out the pirate hop. It just says it needs light. How and what do I do? I'm so frustrated.

Sullivan 1818, I couldn't agree more. I can't find how to get the last item in the fountain hop. I'm really frustrated. I don't want to change my hint setting.

posted in Living Legends: Frozen Beauty Collector's Edition on Jun 13, 13 2:51 AM
I am really enjoying this game! I have only played the demo.

Beautiful graphics!

There is an integrated strategy guide that shows three chapters. I didn't finish them in the demo time.

There are 3 levels of play. For the demo I chose casual, and there isn't an overabundance of sparklies,

Plenty of extras. Music, movies, wallpapers. screensavers, H O's, puzzles, concept art, extra gameplay.

Good voice overs.

Enjoyable mini-games. Forgot to notice a skip.

Music was unobtrusive. I didn't notice it very much and I usually turn it off.

There is a pet and coins to collect, if one chooses to, for upgrades for it.

There are achievements.

There is a notebook. I didn't notice a map.

Another twist on the evil queen and innocent young miss fairy tale. Some may say we've seen it. Well, yes maybe so but it is a fairytale! A well-done fairy tale! I hope I am never too old or jaded for a fairytale!
So far, I am loving this game!
5 bon bons out of 5
PS It is nice to play a game and not have the feeling I have to keep washing my hands or at least have the hand sanitizer by me all the while. Do graphics have to depict grime etc to be considered good graphics?

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 22, 13 1:06 PM
I cant pick up the heart! Nothing I do works! I got a knife from it etc and have even used it already. Just couldn't pick up the darn heart from the start.
Grins,
Kaye

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 22, 13 1:02 AM
By the christmas tree In the asylum. I can.t do anything with the heart, which is where the hint sends me. Just keeps talking about syrup. I can't figure out anything else to do.
thanx!
gentlegranny

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 21, 13 9:51 PM
Hi If I remember right, the first handle may go on the tree out front. Put the handle on,next to the one that is there already, put the nuts on, then put the broom handle across them to make a step. I don't remember if the nuts are in the hall or bedroom. My rememberer is a little broken so I hope I am right.

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 21, 13 12:52 PM
" if you are having trouble with a particular part, why not start a new thread about the point you are at and our other Fishes who have played the game may be able to help out."

Easy to say but No one seems to be able to help. The hint sends me to a heart that will do nothing. Clicked everywhere. From now on no walkthrough, no purchase. I have spent too much money here to be wasting it on games I can't finish. Makes me wonder how many of the ones I can't finish are really glitches!
Grins
gentlegranny

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 21, 13 9:05 AM
Help please!
I am stuck at the corridor. There is nothing in my inventory and the hint keeps showing the heart. I have clicked on it and everywhere possible. Nothing. I have NEVER been this stuck before. Thanks in advance.
I was enjoying the game until now.
Grins,
gentlegranny

Edited to say Never been this frustrated or peeved at a game before.. Been stuck though.

posted in Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess on Feb 18, 13 1:24 AM
I normally strongly dislike time management games but this one is fun and sweet. Except... there are no instructions! I am truly in the dark with most of the game so far. Can't get off second level ie. I have no idea how to get the windmill. I will soldier on as I hope the rest of the game becomes easier to understand, The game just makes me smile and we need more of that in our world, indeed.
Bright cartoon graphics with nice colors. Certainly not sophisticated but fun.. A definite buy. Most of the grandkiddos from 5 to 27 will like it.

Grins to you all on this beautiful Presidents Day!

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 13 12:07 AM
To all,
I will just echo, echo, echo all that has been said. My heart is full of emotion and indeed surprise that, in this day and age, this was done.
I have not had time to trial Otherworld 2 but am off to buy it anyway.
Grins,
Gentlegranny

Can't wait to play... This one's for you, Miss Tex.................!

posted in Lost in Night on Oct 10, 12 2:58 AM
gmac1007 wrote:
If your looking for a story I'm sorry to say you want be getting it with this one this one is basic matching it's just you and the boards no story to follow but then again you could dream up your own story while playing after all it is just you and the boards with lots of fairytale type buildings so you could let your imagination run a muck and make up your own story as you go, you can be the mayor, king or queen, prince or princess, even the fairy queen the possibilities are endless.

I had to chuckle when I read this. I had already started constructing a story about fairies and such for my grandchildren when they play it with me! Let's not forget the Trolls and knights errant for the little boys.

Earlier, I came to leave a review and there was only Valdy's. BTW, I totally agree about the music, Valdy! I went to check something but got carried away with the game and my story and by the time I got back there were six reviews! I have played all night and now it is time to make breakfast and lunches and send everyone off!

I like having the option of timed or untimed. This is definitely a game I will play more than once. Not often on timed but occasionally. Mostly I play games to relax and trying to beat the clock makes me more tense.

Graphics are lovely. Perfect for this type of theme.
I agree, also, that the playing area should be larger but it doesn't bother me as much as the music.

Except for the music, I am unusually excited about this match 3 game.
Thanks Big Fish!

I really look forward to playing this.
Grins
gentlegranny

I give this 5 Bon Bons

posted in Inbetween Land on Aug 27, 12 7:51 AM
Thus far, I have not found this game to be "occult". A pentagram is the shape of a five-pointed star drawn with five straight strokes. The word pentagram comes from the Greek word pentegrammos, a word meaning roughly five-lined or five lines. Most of us make our stars that way, btw. They have been used in many ways all through civilization, even referring to the five wounds of Christ. Judt trying to keep things straight, as I do not like the occult either.
Grins

posted in Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past on Aug 11, 12 2:30 AM

Hi, fishies!
I just finished the demo and was surprised that my hour was up! This is a very different and interesting game that kept my mind turning. It is creepy but fun creepy, not in the occult sense.

The graphics have some live action mixed through, in a way that I found interesting and enjoyed more than I thought I would. The graphics are really well done but for a few drawings of the people in the cut scenes that I thought were rather cartoonish and didn't fit.

There are voiceovers which I thought were well done and I enjoyed. They enhanced the game experience quite a bit. The music was appropriate and I didn't really notice it after a few moments so must not have been too obnoxious. lol
The music and sound are controlled by separate sliders.

There are 3 modes of game play and a tutorial if desired. There were sparkles for hos and such but they do not seem to be as bright or as annoying as usual.

The game filled my widescreen monitor immediately. I know that will make many fishies happy! I have had a few do that lately. Not all do.

While the storyline is not exactly new, there is a different sense to it. A different "feel" if you will. I am looking forward to finding out where the whole family disappeared to!

I know I am forgetting something I wanted to report but I will try to add later. My sometimers is acting up. (Sometimes I just can't remember!)

I will be buying this game as I can't wait to get back to it after a little sleep!
I will definitely give this one 5 Bon Bons!
Grins,
gentlegranny

I loved the game-play on this one! It was smooth and kept my interest.

I thought the graphics are really well done, clear though dark. I just would rather not have so many snakes, spiders, and everything so gruesome. I can live with them only to a point. This sort of story is one that's been done before many times and I for one really do not care for all the occult. Love ghosts but not the occult. Big difference! That is what really bothers me is the occult! Even minor witches like in a fairytale don't bother me but all the rituals, symbolism and witchcraft etc I generally try to avoid.

The HOS are quite beautiful and very well done. Objects to find are cleverly hidden as opposed to the eye test types so many use, and that is what makes it fun. Definitely not too many of them.

The puzzles are good with just the right amount of challenge.

The voiceovers are nicely done and that seems to be important to many these days. I do enjoy them but they are seldom a dealbreaker for me.

The game filled my widescreen automatically. Hmmmm wonder why some do and some don't?

The CE bonuses are the usual, and the strategy guide has 8 chapters and the bonus game for a total of 50 pages,of which, the last 9, are the bonus game.

An excellent game from a new group, however, I probably won't buy due to content. Please, Devs, use some of your promising talent on some brighter fare. I would have devoured this if it were a little less dark. Thus I feel I must give this game 3 Bon Bons because of the content.
Grins,
gentlegranny

posted in The Theatre of Shadows: As You Wish on Aug 8, 12 8:44 AM
I forgot to add that I would definitely give this game a Five Bon Bon rating!

Grins, Gentlegranny

posted in The Theatre of Shadows: As You Wish on Aug 8, 12 8:37 AM
This is a great game and I was surprised when my time was up!

The graphics are beautiful, clear and crisp. The music fits the story, as far as I can tell. (I usually play with sound off and only turned it on (for a short while) to get a sense of the ambiance) There are no voiceovers but I can live with that.

This game has three modes of play so, while challenging, there is a level for everyone. Even at the casual level one needs to think so it isn't a no-brainer.

I like the map that allows you to jump from place to place,

The storyline is intriguing.

Definitely a game worth trying out! It is an absolute buy for me!
Enjoy Fishies!

Grins, Gentlegranny

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator