Posts created by mpendo

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 10:46 PM
Re:The Auction-When you put an item up for auction it arrives immediately at top of auction list that everyone sees.After a few minutes,depending on the amount of activity, your item moves to the bottom and then goes to what I call the vault-where it can be found by typing SEARCH BY NAME in the auction menu (i.e. femme fatale). Prices at auction are all over the map but the best bargains are usually at top and get snapped up very rapidly, which is why I constantly refresh my search to view the top 10. But I constantly build collections through auction, road trips and mini games-I try to have 400 of each resource at all times so that if a quest requires 200-300 resource to complete, I am OK. But the secret to auctioning is of course-BUY LOW, SELL HIGH. I try to have 25 of all the easy items in all my collections, the rarer items I know where to get. This is a strategy game. I made more than a million dollars playing the dog in toy shop for example when I was broke. Get to the point where you can buy Macaroni for $72000, its the best deal and dosnt require GOLD which you should conserve. Now I can make 1M$ per day at auction,without much effort. But now no new quests, cities or buildings=what to do-level up but level 101 doesnt have either!
Mpendo aka Aksanti

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 3:28 PM
Keep trying. I think it takes 10-12 trys! This game has many glitches but this not one. lol (Aksanti aka Mpendo)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 12:46 PM
Bid errors simply mean someone else got there split seconds before you. I buy many many items at auction and use for collections or resell. The trick is to constantly refresh your auction screen-cause the bargains are for the mostly at the top. Know what are bargain prices for all items and be very quick. Hope this helps you. (Aksanti aka Mpendo)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 8:46 PM
I am in Canada-new quest at midnight my time zone. Many many glitches in this program but inform BF and they may right your wrong. Chin up. (Aksanti aka Mpendo)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 8:39 PM
Yes souless_ginger-it is possible to play the game with buying coins or gold. However it will take a long time and you must be clever with strategy. So no Xmas collections for you. But you may have a lot of fun. Read other blogs for advise on strategy. (Aksanti aka Mpendo)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 8:30 PM
Keep doing it and eventually your quest will come out. I know you have to work for resources-but-just when you think the game is malfunctioning-you get your quest-perseverance is a virtue. (Aksanti aka Mpendo)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 8:21 PM
lol. I have done-tie-Bronze-Scarves and Writing Rev-162 each. Comm. stamps a respectable 146. Silver-Women photos-129. Gold-Icons of liberty-58. Platinium-Vintage Mens Clothing-31. Its been a journey. But I like to hear from someone who keeps on the lighter side of life. Keep on! (Aksanti aka Mpendo)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 26, 13 11:25 PM
In response to efi24: re buying gold or coins-it happens-I contacted my cc then emailed BF. They responded within 2 days with a refund to my cc. In the meantime I bought more because I needed coins to continue and I had faith(my backup was my cc company. It all worked out well. Now if BF would give me the millions they owe me from items I have successfully auctioned and never got credited a penny for, I might be happier. lol (mpendo aka aksanti)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 26, 13 10:32 PM
I earned 670 gold from Xmas collections so far-the limitation was I can only do so much repetition. I am at level 63 and if I have to look forward to nothing new in cities or buildings and max out at level 101-that would be total boredom. I have 6M$ that I earned from auctions,done most of achievements,have 400 of each resource, very healthy collections and enough food to last 40 levels. Since the Xmas update, my game malfunctions-blackouts so I have to close and come back in if I try to do anything for more than 10 seconds. In the mini games I only have #1-12 (some other glitch), so everything else I buy at auction. There is no upside that I can see from here so, its been fun, but, I will probably have to say goodbye to my friends in the New Year. However, this game has provided me with enormous fun to this point. Hats off to the developers and to BF for bringing us this game-just dont use me as a Beta tester again when I am paying real money to buy coins and gold that you later rob from me.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 22, 13 10:41 AM
As I read it, you get reward for completing 4 collections-and you can collect this reward 4 times.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 22, 13 10:39 AM
As I read it, you get credit for having completed 4 collections, and you can collect reward 4 times.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 22, 13 10:17 AM
I agree. It would be in the true spirit of Christmas to give us an opportunity to find those items again.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 22, 13 9:25 AM
i.e. 65 xmas collections. But I try to keep an inventory of 400 of each resource at all times but park ranger is my least favorite mini game-so tedious.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 22, 13 9:16 AM
It is basically economics. BF cant control the coins we earn at auction, but they do control the GOLD. I managed to get together 65 collections before I took a break from boredom. The ledger upgrade if I recall correctly is $40,000 if you have a certain # of gold collections or something. I have never paid 400 GOLD for anything (and never will). My computer crashed during TG after I made tons of gold-but lost everything!! One needs a sense of humor-its just a game. BF used to constantly rob me at auction-win some -loose some-but they have mostly fixed this glitch (ie I actually get paid for items I have auctioned) now.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 21, 13 3:23 PM
The trick is to keep doing the quests, more xmas coll, but when you r on the third quest do not go back to quest screen until u r done collecting all u need.Once you get reward,they disappear.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 15, 13 8:37 PM
How do I get the Xmas collections update. Last update a couple of days ago (2 new cities in Montana and Arizona) but no Xmas things other than shoveling. Also, in my game the mini games in each store only go to 12 so I miss out on lots of collectables, which I buy at auction. Is this because I run on Windows 8.1? Thanks for all the info.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 15, 13 8:13 PM
I am having the same problems discussed in this blog except I didn't loose anything when I updated the game software. However, previously, twice I purchased coins/gold which appeared - then instantly disappeared from my game. BF reimbursed my credit card for this. Otherwise, until last week, I frequently wouldn't be credited for items sold at auction, but that now appears to be fixed. Also occasionally, when playing mini games I find item but it disappears in the main screen. These glitches might be tolerable if I hadn't spent REAL MONEY for coins and gold. I assume BF is holding back the full Xmas update until it works properly. If I lost all my assets, I would quit the game and would not be a happy camper.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator