Posts created by sartasia

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 18 9:37 AM
lilyr wrote:I lived through CCC being taken down, thanks to Timebomb.

I really appreciated your reviews pennmom36. And the listing for series.

Paul did more than just the MCF thread. He'd pop into CCC and post to respond to a comment he'd read -- and not just about games or BFG. Does anyone remember when we asked for a pony?

I've enjoyed so many people that I met here. People that I'll probably never "see" again.

Thank you everyone. Be well and take care.

I remember Paul"s many interactions but have a warm spot on his love of our MCF ponderings and discussions. Thanks for the reminder about the pony...lol...that brought a smile.

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 29, 18 9:48 AM
I too go way back to CCC. A time when you could order the games on CD. Before collectors editions or even strategy guides. When Paul Thelen (the original founder) would come post when the new MCF was being released and tease us with hints and jokes. Over the years I have accumulated MCF badges, key chains and my two stuffed Felix fish (first arrived without stand so the great CS rep sent me a companion with stand) along with other Big Fish paraphernalia including a snuggie, a coffee cup, a soup cup, game pen, hard cover password notebook and assorted posters. All now relegated to collectors items. I've developed many friendships which after the first big flush thankfully now carry over to two other sites. It's unfortunate that the forums are disappearing but not surprising. I've noticed that some games that I had purchased have disappeared also. I too believe it will all be converted over to aps and pay to play eventually.

I do advise if there are older games you have purchased and still like to replay you download and save them now before they are gone.

To all the mods and customer service reps both past and present from all over the world a big THANK YOU for your help, patience and humor over the years.

Hope to see everyone over at http://pondfriends.boards.net/
or at "Pond friends" on FB.

Thank you Fishies for all the jokes, artwork, opinions, game help and community. You are a creative bunch. I will never think of chocolate, lobster or zipper pulls the same way again. It was fun!

Take care everyone. And to quote a well loved old forum friend "Put on your running shoes" as sadly for the last time here I post...

Happy Gaming.

............. Good-bye.........................

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 18 6:13 PM
Come join us here. Quite a few devs have also.
The pond' http://pondfriends.boards.net/

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 7:43 AM
Hespera wrote:I think if you look around, you'll find that all the other portals have closed their forums. Different reasons for different portals - some have gone Facebook or IOS apps, some cut way back on staffing and didn't want to support forums, but whatever the case, this was pretty much the last portal forum in town.

There are plenty of private forums, like the one that was started when BFG shut down the mainline forums a few years back (Pond Friends) and some others that were started by former BFG forum members quite a few years ago. Some require an invitation to join. Some require a referral from a member (that's just to assure you're not a troublemaker, etc.).

Use a popular search engine to look for gaming forums.

Actually there are many game sites that maintain their forums. I belong to two others that have always and still maintain the format. Have to disagree with you. Sorry.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 8:29 AM
Here's the original post:

An important announcement about the Big Fish Games Forums - April 16, 2018

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 2:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Over the years, our forums have played a huge role in how we communicate with and receive feedback from you, our players. They have also been an important source for game-play help.

You may be aware that our forums have been fragile for quite some time, and it has been determined that we are unable to sustain them while also maintaining the first-rate customer experience via this and other channels that our players have come to expect.

Beginning April 30, 2018, creating new posts and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums. All existing content will remain and be viewable, ensuring that there is continued access to the wealth of knowledge created and shared by you and our moderation team.

There’s no change in our commitment to bringing the best content to our customers. You’ll continue to receive notification of updates to games in the Big Fish Games App (Game Manager) as they’re made available.

This was an extremely difficult decision to make, and on behalf of the moderation team, we thank you all for your dedication to our community.

bfgMurrumbidgee

ETA: Recently I had to repurchase a game from another site I had originally purchased on BF that they had cut from their library. After the link failed the game title also disappeared from my purchase list.This reminded me that what you purchase here doesn't stay here forever. I will be downloading classic favorites before they disappear. I fear BF will be cutting back more and more.

It would be nice to keep the forums but I fear there is no turning back their decision.

Just wanted to say a fond farewell to all the Fishies on BF that have contributed much needed advice and comments over the decade I have been gaming here. FB has a pond brimming with old players and there are many other blogs etc out there.
Great swimming with you.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 7 on Dec 4, 17 9:37 AM
Its out on other sites just not on BF yet.

Standard hidden object . Nothing to connect the classic series with this game. Short, repetitive and similar to many others. Such a disappointment when this Thanksgiving gift use to be the thrill of year.

As always try before you buy.

posted in Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition on Nov 9, 17 9:56 AM
There was another game a couple years back that started the exact same way i.e. missing child after accident... but it was set in some kind of closed camping resort area. I remembered it too but can't remember the name of the game. Identical start.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Oct 25, 17 2:23 PM
I've been waiting weeks for BF to release this game. Love the series and all the other holiday and summer series that this dev creates. Simple and straight ahead.
Instant buy for me.

Happy Gaming.

posted in Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure Collector's Edition on Oct 21, 17 8:42 AM
Does it really matter who the Dev is anymore? Other worldly/ evil/ demon takes someone or something. You must save the world by using magical instrument/ tracing runes or some such silly repetition. They have all become the same. This is no different than the myriad of HOGs that BF has released in the last year. I'll pass on this as I have on the last 50 offerings.

Happy gaming

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 2, 17 8:24 AM
This is a little adventure gem! It is so rare to find a game that gives you the freedom to think. This is not a hard game if you just use your curiosity and common sense. The two times I struggled with a puzzle was because I had over thought them.
Before giving up pause and think about what is in front of you when confronted with a step. Most of the puzzles are variations on all we normally find in HOGS. The leaves that you collect are rarely hidden and once you figure out a step you will find that it was obvious. The fish in this pond are smart cookies. Don't give up. This isn't difficult just different. Well worth the effort.
I do wish these types of games were more common.

Enjoy!

posted in Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder on May 22, 17 4:32 PM
I'm stuck at the same point.

posted in Danse Macabre: Florentine Elegy Collector's Edition on Apr 1, 17 10:00 AM
Yes they are there now. Funny I reloaded and reloaded...lol. I have an excellent server and speed. Not sure why it didn't show the first two times. Ah well. All is good.

posted in Danse Macabre: Florentine Elegy Collector's Edition on Apr 1, 17 9:55 AM
Looked for and did not get the reviews on the initial game page. Reloaded but no reviews.
Have they decided to drop them?
Are the forums, like the pond, in danger of disappearing too?
As Alice said.."curiouser and curiouser"...

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 17 9:09 AM
I find the whole article merely a justification for their redundant game designing. The reality is with repetition comes speed. More product released in shorter time. The end result...fast profit...cookie cutter games. Sad but true. I personally believe most companies would prefer casual gaming to disappear to focus on the smart phone gaming platform alone. It's a sad commentary on the power of profit margins.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 17 8:58 AM
Sometimes simplicity can be deceiving...lol. You over thought it. It is a purely visual puzzle.
If you move the head piece above the heels piece it would show a mirror reflection of the drawn number.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 17 8:52 AM
Your problem is not due to WIN10 as I played the entire game running WIN10 with no save problems what so ever. Have been using WIN10 since BETA release and have had no save problems with any EIPIX or BFgame including Myths of the World -- The Black Sun. Your problem more likely lies in your computer privacy settings or your virus protection. Hope you figure it out.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 17 9:38 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:An old friend has called you in to help investigate a string of recent murders. The latest victim was only missing one thing…their skin. As you start investigating, you’re quickly thrown into a world of dark magic and creatures. Do you have what it takes to find the murderer in time, or will you be their next victim? Find out in this bone-chilling Hidden-Object Puzzle adventure!

OOooops....Isn't this the intro to
The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition?

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 17 9:33 AM
Micha1234 wrote:
I have yet to see how this fits into the other MCF games though.....

It doesn't and none of them ever will again. BF studios no longer creates these. EIPIX has taken over the series. It will now be just another of their games. Cookie-cutter.
Very unfortunate.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 8:35 AM
No. ERS-G Studio Ltd. has not been sold.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator