Posts created by hereshopin

posted in Relics of Fate: A Penny Macey Mystery on Feb 24, 11 11:10 AM
fuzzybug wrote:Hello Everyone

My name's Scott and I'm one of the developers of Relics of Fate. We're sorry that some of you are having problems at the end of the game. Thanks to the help from some of the fishies we believe we have identified the problem and an update should be available shortly.

Apologies for the problem, we did test the game heavily but this one appears to have slipped through the net.

Thanks for your patience,

Scott

Thank you SO much for following up on this and finding solution. It helps to know that you will take these issues seriously and restores my confidence in Bigfish games.

posted in Relics of Fate: A Penny Macey Mystery on Feb 23, 11 9:56 AM
Uh...yeah. The problem with the crash at the end of the game is YOUR problem. There is nothing wrong with my laptop, all systems are updated, I never have this problem with game downloads from several other sites that I frequent. Please for the love of God don't respond to this with a "did you send a message to support," or "make sure your updates are current." because that's all I ever get in response and it's NEVER the problem.

Fix the game. Period.

posted in Relics of Fate: A Penny Macey Mystery on Feb 23, 11 9:52 AM
I'm getting the same error. I take impeccable care of my laptop and I am up to date with each and every update for each and every program I have. Interestingly, I play games from several different websites and ONLY have access violation errors from Bigfish. Yet every time I send a request for help I get the same [removed by moderator] response, ie., check to make sure you have all the updates, direct x, blah blah blah.

I'll try that, thanks. The words don't get much clearer for me either but I've been concentrating on both audio and that so perhaps if I isolate one, I'll have better luck.

Thanks for the support WilJul. The thread didn't list this exact problem alone being asked all the time but this issue was on the list of FAQ's that people were complaining about having to answer all the time. I'm sorry I didn't specify that earlier. I only wanted to make it known that it might not be a gameplay issue so the reason it might be getting "asked all the time" is because the gameplay suggestion won't work for a glitch.

I've gone back in and tried it a few times again but the only way I will be able to get past it is by sheer luck. Like throwing darts and hoping I get the right spot. I appreciate your wanting to help me out but the only way you could is if you were a better guesser, lol Maybe you are who knows.

I don't know know if I just have the poorest luck and manage to pick the only games from Bigfish that have these issues or if they all do. The one hour trial never seems to have a problem but as soon as I pay for the game, I'm struck by all kinds of them. I keep thinking, "maybe the next game won't have any issues," but I'm done thinking that now.

Thanks again for your support.

I've done the homework, read all of the "just keep moving the glass around until you hear" threads and stickies as well as the complaints about this question showing up all the time. But it is clearly for me, the same old and tired problem I have with ALL Bigfish games and a reminder of why I stopped playing them months ago. I got so very tired of playing a game for hours or days just to make it almost to the end when a glitch makes it impossible to finish. But I got sucked into this one on the trial and hoped it would be different. When will I ever learn?

My daughter and I have spent the last four hours moving the glass around on the wall that is supposed to become clearer but despite our covering every square micrometer, it has not. We turned down all other game sounds, and cranked up the speakers. We even allowed the glass to sit for several seconds in each and every computed dimension of the game screen and the sound NEVER changes. One time we got lucky and hit the tail end of a sentence, only to have it stop. I realize that there are several spots you are supposed to find and that one won't do it, but if you can't even get to one in it's entirety, two could never be possible.

When I went to read other posts about this, I was lead to a FAQ page where it was included along with complaints about how frequently this question is asked, however the solution that is provided in NO way helps because the issue is with the audio, not game play. My computer is less than one year old, I'm OCD about updates and maintenance and have no problem playing games anywhere else but Bigfish.

What a shame. Guess I'll head back to Shockwave and play some less quality games but at least I can play them through.

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 12, 10 12:06 PM
CindyLouWho

Did you read my follow up post on the other thread? On the three vertical jewels to the left of the puzzle you have to match the MIDDLE jewel FIRST! You have to continue clearing the middle one until you are lucky enough that the drop down jewel matches the BOTTOM jewel. When you have a row where the jewel on the top matches the jewel on the bottom, then you will line up horizontally two jewels to match the middle one and swap it vertically with the top jewel (the one that matches the bottom one) so that once the three horizontal jewels clear you are left with two jewels on the bottom that match and whatever color drops down. If you are lucky enough to have the same color drop down, it will clear the row if not then you have to clear the very TOP jewel until you are lucky enough for one to drop of the same color as the other two.

I would post a screen shot of this if I could but I don't think we can on here. If you are playing in unlimited time mode, it might seem like forever but eventually you WILL clear that row.

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 12, 10 12:03 PM
CindyLouWho

Did you read my follow up post on the other thread? On the three vertical jewels to the left of the puzzle you have to match the MIDDLE jewel FIRST! You have to continue clearing the middle one until you are lucky enough that the drop down jewel matches the BOTTOM jewel. When you have a row where the jewel on the top matches the jewel on the bottom, then you will line up horizontally two jewels to match the middle one and swap it vertically with the top jewel (the one that matches the bottom one) so that once the three horizontal jewels clear you are left with two jewels on the bottom that match and whatever color drops down. If you are lucky enough to have the same color drop down, it will clear the row if not then you have to clear the very TOP jewel until you are lucky enough for one to drop of the same color as the other two.

I would post a screen shot of this if I could but I don't think we can on here. If you are playing in unlimited time mode, it might seem like forever but eventually you WILL clear that row.

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 11, 10 3:58 PM
I didn't have all for Francisa at first either and didn't get her last puzzle piece until I had finished a game in the layer or two above her. However, I did find that I could assemble someone in that layer above with the puzzle pieces I did have at the time so I am wondering if you should go back and check yet again to see if you finished all of the games. I did have that happen to me on one level and was sure I had finished all of them until I went and did a recheck and found one that I had indeed missed.

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 9, 10 5:40 PM
Forgot to add. In the last Luis de Arteche puzzle, the first set of vertical side rows drop a new jewel when one is cleared. In those rows, you have to clear the middle/second jewel FIRST--before the one on top of it. You have to keep clearing the middle one until you are lucky enough for a similar colored jewel to the very bottom one to have dropped one of those times. Then after you clear the second jewel, the top one will drop and you will be left with three jewels in the row of which the bottom two are the same. Then you clear the top on until you are lucky enough for a similar jewel to the bottom two to drop and clear the entire section. I had to play this level until I was given the option of "lots of time" to clear it.

The vertical rows on the very bottom of the puzzle can be cleared the way I described in my first reply because no new jewel is dropped on them.

This is why the Luis de Artceche level was by far to me the most difficult of the entire game.

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 9, 10 5:04 PM
I posted this reply to someone in the comments/review thread. Hope it works for you.

This isn't easy to explain but I'll give it my best shot.

If I remember correctly the Luis Arteche puzzles have those single vertical rows of jewels that are off all by themselves? Most of the time they are all different colors so even if you clear the top one it doesn't help. There is only one way that I was able to accomplish clearing these rows.

You probably have noticed that you can't move a jewel up and make it stay in a higher position but you can move it up to make a chain of three. When I got to these single rows I had to remove each of these jewels one at a time by trying to line up two jewels of whatever color it was horizontally above the row, where the rest of the puzzle and available jewels are.

Let's say there was a single row going down of four jewels and they were all different colors. First I would clear the top one by trying to get two same color jewels horizontally next to it. After that one is clear I would try to get two jewels the same color as the second jewel in the vertical row, lined up horizontally, IN THE SAME PLACE as the first one I cleared, so that I can bring the jewel UP to it and clear it. Then I would have to do the same for all of the jewels in that row until cleared.

These type of puzzles to me were far more difficult then the ones labeled as "challenging" or "hard." Most of the time I had to use up the three times at the allotted time and use bonuses to add time. There was one puzzle that I couldn't clear until I got to the "unlimited time" option.

Good luck!

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 8, 10 5:25 PM
As most of you probably know already, after three attempts to clear a board a player is given the option of purchasing additional minutes with bonus points. The number of minutes available to be added increases with each failed attempt with the additional time up to almost a non-timed attempt. This option was essential in some of the more difficult boards.

The problem I faced though is that the game does not save your progress in this count as you go. I don't have much time to play games and often had to close out before I had finished a puzzle. The number of attempts reset each time I had to close. If I didn't finish the puzzle before I had to leave the game, I always had to start back at zero after the next restart.

This was especially frustrating when I would get the periodic "access violation" error and corresponding crash, (which is NOT due to outdated drivers or directx--at least on my machine) right in the middle of a very difficult puzzle that I had probably already attempted four or five times, only finding myself having to start all over again after restarting the game.

So for you players, don't close out of the game expecting to be given credit for any failed attempts prior to doing so the next time you play.

The game really should save the record of attempts so that closing out of it, whether intentionally or unintentionally, does not reset the count.

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 3, 10 10:02 AM
skhanko wrote:Can't get past the last board of Luis Arteche's phase, can I get some help.

This isn't easy to explain but I'll give it my best shot.

If I remember correctly the Luis Arteche puzzles have those single vertical rows of jewels that are off all by themselves? Most of the time they are all different colors so even if you clear the top one it doesn't help. There is only one way that I was able to accomplish clearing these rows.

You probably have noticed that you can't move a jewel up and make it stay in a higher position but you can move it up to make a chain of three. When I got to these single rows I had to remove each of these jewels one at a time by trying to line up two jewels of whatever color it was horizontally above the row, where the rest of the puzzle and available jewels are.

Let's say there was a single row going down of four jewels and they were all different colors. First I would clear the top one by trying to get two same color jewels horizontally next to it. After that one is clear I would try to get two jewels the same color as the second jewel in the vertical row, lined up horizontally, IN THE SAME PLACE as the first one I cleared, so that I can bring the jewel UP to it and clear it. Then I would have to do the same for all of the jewels in that row until cleared.

These type of puzzles to me were far more difficult then the ones labeled as "challenging" or "hard." Most of the time I had to use up the three times at the allotted time and use bonuses to add time. There was one puzzle that I couldn't clear until I got to the "unlimited time" option.

Good luck!

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 1, 10 8:47 PM
Not as easy and relaxing as I had hoped yet I still kept coming back to it. Persistence pays off and the levels you don't think you will get eventually clear. The constant "blinging" after each move started to irritate me as the game moved on, especially if the timer was nearing zero. I also could have done without the "go" wording before each puzzle. "Ready" was sufficient.

The difficulty categorizing of the puzzles didn't seem correct to me. I had FAR more trouble on the August Peck level which was categorized as "medium" and finished some of the "challenging" puzzles on the very first try with time to spare.

Overall I would say it was a satisfying game. Long playing time, varying styles and nice graphics. I skipped the story so I can't comment on that. I really would have liked an option to turn off the timer for those days when I wanted to play but was too stressed out for a timer.

posted in Bejeweled 2 Deluxe on Aug 18, 10 10:27 AM
I had the same problem that a poster below me had with this game. Often when trying to open it the game will flash but usually ends up retreating and all that's left is the name on the task bar at the bottom. If you click on that you get some new flashes and back to the retreat. Very rarely, it will eventually load itself.

I thought perhaps there was something wrong with my older laptop's graphics, (not that old really, about 2 years) so I tried it on my brand new Toshiba and I'm getting the exact same problem. I am sending this to Bigfish support but wanted to give others a heads up so they don't spend a few hours updating their drivers or messing around with their display settings trying to solve the problem like I did.

posted in Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington on Jul 11, 10 8:16 PM
Nice graphics but not nearly enough puzzles to make the game interesting. The story was a little tough to follow as some of the dialogue contains objects to find and that was a bit distracting for me. Good thing I already knew the story. I don't have a problem with games that have very small objects. I'm sure they work well for younger eyes. But if there are going to be some they should have them in the 60 minute trial so those of us with older eyes and can't see them can pass. The Agatha Christie games have all had them so I was cautious with this one and played the full 60 minutes before purchasing. The very small objects didn't show up until later in the game, (maybe that's to make the game more difficult as you go along?) To me it doesn't make it more difficult, just a headache waiting to happen.

posted in Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl on May 7, 10 11:12 PM
What a shame. I spent a long time playing this game and was very near the end when it crashed. It was performing one of those periodic saves and it never completed. It just remained on the saving page for at least 5 minutes before I decided to throw in the towel. I had to control/alt/delete to end the game. Then when I went back in to try playing again, it froze on the loading screen.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my video card and my computer is next to new. This was clearly a problem with the game and apparently it is a consistant problem with it. I hope I don't run into similar issues with other games from Bigfish else I will need to buy them from another site.

posted in Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl on May 7, 10 9:50 PM
I had done the puzzle under the sink so I found the pipes in the storeroom on the left side. I know I had clicked on them before several times (even though they look nothing like the way the should look in my opinion) but got no response. I guess there is a certain section you have to click on because this time it worked. Thanks for the responses.

posted in Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl on May 7, 10 9:34 PM
I ending up skipping the puzzle to repair the plumbing (assembling the pipes) and the game finished it for me as should be expected. However, now when I need to get a glass of water for the film developing, I'm unable to and get a message saying, "the plumbing was fixed but was it fixed properly?"

The objective says to fix the plumbing in the storage room on the first floor as strange sounds were coming from it. But when I go to the storage room, I can't find a single puzzle icon or starry area or even anything that resembles plumbing. The game itself says that there's nothing left to do there!

So I am unable to finish the game now because I can't fix the plumbing but there's no way to get water without doing so. Did anyone else have this problem?

posted in Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express on Mar 15, 09 12:32 PM
I love to play large file games but hate having to access the "walkthroughs" all the time to play. I don't mind once in a while but it seems like I start out very independent but it gets to the point where I have to rely on the walkthrough to do anything until the game is done. I am looking for that perfect large file game that is easy enough to do without constantly checking a walkthrough yet challenging enough that I can't soar through it without any help. Aren't we all, huh?

Murder on the Orient Express has been the closest I have come to the perfect balance of help and challenge until the end. I could easily find my way around and locate clues. But some of the end tasks to me seemed as though they would have been IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to figure out on their own. For instance, getting the ham radio to work. Why in the world would anyone try putting orange juice and a statute together for electricity besides all of the other steps for the telegraph?

Are there any large file games that don't include these types of "assembling" ? That seems to be the tasks where I always have to go back to the walkthrough in order to complete.

Thank you in advance.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator