Posts created by kit1717

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on Jul 5, 14 7:28 AM
One of the reasons I found this game enjoyable is because I could get two peeps with the same hair color to have children with that hair color. I especially liked that I could adopt kids with the same hair color as a single parent. That was cool.

Now, however, I cannot get the same hair color no matter what. My last two had exactly the same shade of blond hair and NONE of the children had a hair color lighter than dark brown!

STOP fixing what is not broken! This is enough to tip the game over the edge for me. Unless this is fixed, I will uninstall.

posted in Aquascapes on Jun 22, 14 9:52 PM
When playing scenes in which you are to find one of the three items listed, the Statistics screen that follows gives an incorrect total.

For example, my most recent Statistics screen said (this forum eliminates the spacing, so assume the title is centered, the numbers are lined up under one another to the right, and the total at the bottom is centered):
Statistics
Money earned (10/10 items) 662
+ {star} level bonus 650
+ no Hint bonus 300
+ eagle eye bonus 1,000

Total

Clearly, the total should be 2,612.

[I am playing on a desktop PC running Microsoft 7 Home Premium.]

Thanks

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 10, 14 9:12 PM
I noticed there are two different phrases used for someone using the pool.

From what I can tell, "swimming in the pool" is just like all other exercise type activities (such as working out, exercising outdoors, walking on the treadmill, short workout, running on the treadmill, and so on). All exercise type activities help maintain the health of the individual, so they live longer and have fewer illnesses.

The "playing in the pool" mode, on the other hand, will gradually increase the energy level of an individual. It seems to work like this: Select someone who is low in energy. Keep picking that individual up and putting them in the pool over and over again until you get the "playing in the pool" message. Praise them with the green glove. Then leave them alone! If you leave the person "playing in the pool" for a long time and do nothing that will draw them out of the pool (such as call them to dinner or use one of the movies that brings everyone to watch TV or drop someone else on them, etc.), then they will gradually increase in energy level.

NOTES:
--This seems to work best if the person has a low energy level when they are first put into the "playing in the pool" mode.
--Moms with babies run away from the pool, so this will work only after the mom no longer has the baby with her.
--Since it takes a relatively long time (longer than any other activity) and the energy returns slowly, it is easy to do things that call the person away from the pool, which stops the process.
--The higher the person's energy level, the harder it is to get them to stay in the pool, so try to put them in there when their energy level is low and then refrain from doing anything that will disturb them or draw them out of the pool until their energy level is high again.

Anyway, just thought I would pass on what had I discovered in regard to the pool, since there seems to be a lot of discussion about ways of increasing an individual's energy level.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 2, 14 11:36 PM
It is hard to tell that the blob on the ground by the outside trash bin is supposed to be lemon slices. To me, it just looks like an odd-shaped, sort-of lumpy blob on the ground. (I thought I would mention this in case you were looking for something that looked like slices.)

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 2, 14 11:29 PM
Also, it is LEMON, not orange.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 2, 14 11:25 PM
The yellow stuff by the outside bins is supposed to be lemon slices. It is part of the process of getting rid of the ants. See the threads about how to get rid of the ants permanently. Basically, a peep makes ant spray/bait in the workshop from a spice in the kitchen and then the lemon out by the trash.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 2, 14 8:50 PM
Most of the time I ignore those behaviors, too. I am a number of generations down, so I do not need to use the red hand for anything. Sometimes I pick a kid up and drop them onto something I would rather have them do instead. Sometimes I just take them out onto the lawn and keep dropping them and picking them up again until it says they are doing something I don't mind them doing. Then I use the green hand on them and let them go off to do it.

However, I did have a particularly nasty little kid once that refused to do anything I dropped her on and seemed to want to do mostly "naughty" behaviors, so I sent her to boarding school. (I had enough money to do that since it was after a few generations with good salaries.) After that, I got two other children with those parents, and both of them seemed normal. I suspect that how headstrong the kids are is a random thing.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 2, 14 8:19 PM
I discovered by selling my cat that you have to put the pet as far past the gate as you can get (out into the street). Then it will sell. You really do have to place it as far away from the gate and yard as you can get. Otherwise, the pet just walks back into the yard. (You still have to do it when the decorate tab is pulled down. I did not sell anything else, but did pull the tab down to be able to sell the cat.)

posted in Magic Life on Apr 13, 14 2:13 AM
Is there a way to delete the data file that keeps track of user profile information? If I uninstall and re-install the game, the user profile data from before the uninstall is still there. I would like to delete that info, too, when I uninstall. I want it to start over completely fresh. I want to do this because I suspect it has corrupted data in it.

One clue is that when I get to some of the tougher duels, the list of spells that my duel opponent knows now includes something that looks like a computer address or something. It is definitely NOT the name of a spell.

Another clue is that when I get to some of the later challenges, some things start to behave strangely. The number of shifts it takes to complete a course will jump around from one day to the next (even though I have completed everything that would affect how many shifts it took to complete a class).

Also, every so often, I get some sort of access violation, but only when I have reached 100 on at least some of the five scales-- intellect, magic, eloquence, health, and discipline.

Perhaps a contributing factor is that I have four profiles and have started all of them over again many times.

Even when I delete all the profiles from inside the game, weird little things start happening during the upper challenges (from about challenge number 21 through to the last one, number 26).

Anyway, I would appreciate knowing how to get rid of the profile information file so I can erase it after I uninstall. I want the next install to be completely fresh.

Thanks

posted in All My Gods on Sep 7, 12 7:53 AM
ozzfest wrote:I have a task now which is to get money of 20245,but since the money limit seems to be 20000,so how can I finish it?

I had a similar problem. The request was for 20495 gold, but since the cap seems to be 20000, that task just sat there until I finished everything else and won the game. I then deleted that profile. I have played the game three more times without running across the problem again.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Nov 23, 11 10:22 PM
gailsgame wrote:
I like the sims, my tribe type games. I used to like the VV series too, but they have all got a little similar and are now a bit boring & don't move fast enough for me. I enjoy games that I can sit back and watch a little though, instead of fast paced timed games. I also don't like HOGs, so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have Plant Tycoon, Fish Tycoon, VV 1 - 3 (don't like 4), Virtual Families & My Tribe.

I like the games you list, so you might like Life Quest. It has a definite progression, but with lots of possibilities for how to get there. It takes playing multiple times to figure out the best strategy to use. You even get to decide whether you want to strive for the shortest time to conclusion or for obtaining the most points along the way--or even for collecting the most wealth by the end. I like to strive for the shortest overall time to best every rival on the first try.

posted in My Tribe on Jul 10, 11 12:14 AM
not as far as I can tell

posted in Life Quest ™ on Feb 5, 11 11:00 PM
In case you are not aware of it, you get approximately three fourths (75 percent) of a vehicle’s full price value back if you are willing to sell it at the Daily News, rather than use it as a trade-in (for which you only get about 20 percent).

After you place an ad at the Daily News, wait until the vehicle sells, then walk to the Wheel Deal to purchase your next vehicle. (Make sure you already have enough money to buy the next one so you are not stuck with walking any longer than necessary.)

Just to check on how much you get, I bought (from Wheel Deal) and sold (via ad in the Daily News) the same vehicle a couple dozen times to see what kind of prices I was offered. I received initial offers from 66% of the normal cost to 78% of the normal cost. A majority of the offers were between 71% and 74%. After I could see the pattern, I started rejecting initial offers that were less than 70% of the normal cost because a second offer (from another buyer responding to the same ad) was likely to be higher.

If you use the vehicle as a trade-in when you upgrade to another vehicle, you only get about 20% of the cost, so selling the vehicle and then walking over to the Wheel Deal to buy a new vehicle is a MUCH better deal—especially if you are able to buy the vehicle when it is on sale!

posted in Life Quest ™ on Feb 5, 11 10:59 PM
I checked every vehicle several times on a dozen specific routes (going from place to place across town) to see how the vehicles compared with each other. The chart below indicates the relative improvement, as a percent of walking time, for each vehicle.

Note that some vehicles cost more money, but get you exactly the same amount of improvement over walking. The only difference is the number of happiness points you receive at the time you buy the vehicle. (For me, a momentary bump in happiness is not worth spending extra dollars.)

100% of walk time . . . . . $0 = Walking (no vehicle) [+0 Happiness]
61% of walk time . . . . . $50 = High Roller (Skateboard) [+200]
61% of walk time . . . . . $80 = E-Z Cruiser (Bicycle) [+150]
61% of walk time . . . . $100 = Dart (10-Speed Road Bike) [+200]
54% of walk time . . . . $150 = Surmounter (Mountain Bike) [+250]
54% of walk time . . . . $500 = Wasp (Electric Scooter) [+400]
51% of walk time . . . . $800 = Pico (Compact Car) [+100]
47% of walk time . . . $1000 = Ronin (Motorcycle) [+300]
47% of walk time . . . $1200 = Argo (Bus) [+350]
47% of walk time . . . $1500 = Hedgehog (4WD Pickup Truck) [+400]
44% of walk time . . . $1500 = Armadillo (Minivan) [+350]
37% of walk time . . . $3000 = Toro (Muscle Car) [+500]
37% of walk time . .$10,000 = Chariot (Luxury Car) [+800]

Another player mentioned that the more a vehicle costs, the longer the vehicle would need to be used to make it worth spending the money to shave some time off getting from place to place. All other things being equal, this is absolutely true. In this game, though, sometimes those minutes are really important for accomplishing other things (and sometimes so is the money).

Since travel eats up minutes (and there are only so many minutes available per day), the more you go from place to place, and the farther you travel in doing so, the more important a speedier vehicle becomes.

You will have to decide whether or not the money a particular vehicle costs is worth what it saves you in travel time.

posted in Life Quest ™ on Jan 19, 11 11:15 AM
No, the babies never grow up. For whatever reason, the family thing stops at getting the children born. Nothing else ever happens with them.

Maybe you can ask the game designers to expand this section of the game. They could have the children gradually grow up. Perhaps they could have a random event occur...such as the more children you have, the more likely it is you will get an interruption at your work asking you to go pick up a sick child from school and for that particular shift (one click on the work button), you do not get any money. There are a lot of possibilities!

posted in The Hidden Prophecies of Nostradamus on Sep 26, 10 4:46 PM
I was having similar trouble with this and other games freezing up or exiting. After taking a rather long route of making sure flash, video, system files, etc., etc., were all up to date, I finally got some truly expert help. It ended up being my virus protection software! (I had to uninstall, not just turn off, my virus protection software for things to start working again.)

My virus PC protection software had been doing a good job for many years, but after working with the provider for months, I was still having issues. I finally uninstalled that brand and tried another long-existing brand--and still had issues.

My expert recommended I obtain one of the newer brands of virus protection software (Microsoft lists several that are OK). After doing as recommended, everything began working just fine. My system even starts up faster.

I got the newer brand of protection software a couple months ago and have not had a single problem with BigFish games since! Go figure.

posted in Arabesque on Aug 15, 10 5:15 PM
By my calculations I should be into 12 figures for the total score. However, after 10 digits, the score goes negative and then adds incorrectly. How do I get this bug fixed? I would really like to see my actual score!

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Mar 15, 10 1:28 AM
calicokat wrote:I can't tell if its a good game or not yet. I am only on the first chapter. I can't pick up the last piece of the blue tape. Won't let me. Is this going to be a problem through out the game.

posted in Sea Journey on Mar 25, 09 12:21 PM
I agree. Since I have poor eye-hand coordination, I tend to pick games that give me a long time to respond. This game was OK until I reached the final level where I have to quickly click on the symbols. I doubt I will ever be able to do this if people with normal eye-hand coordination are finding it hard to do.

Is there a way to give the game creators feedback? (Hopefully, they will read this forum.) It is disappointing to get to the final level and then have the required skill set (great eye-hand coordination) suddenly different than was required throughout the rest of the game. The game designers might want to know that this feels a bit like "bait and switch" to some of us customers.

Even though I purchased the game, I have decided to uninstall it without finishing it. There are lots of other fun games out there, so I am letting this one go.

Happy gaming!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator