Posts created by spyque

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on May 29, 17 7:11 PM
LadyXXXHolic wrote:When I got close to the end of the game there's a part where you see a fan in the holding cell corridor as a monster. I chose not to panic and concentrate because it wasn't real. I tried to use the metal pole to stop the fan bt it didn't work. I then used the pole to lift up a floor screen to get the finger print kit. Now the pole is gone and the guide says I still need it to stop the fan. I tried restarting the game but my pole is still gone and I can't progress without it.

I have this problem too! If I try a hint, I get a bar at the top of the screen with options to debug, clear and whatever...

What's causing this? How and why did I lose my iron bar? Do I have to re-start the whole game from the beginning?

I've had the 'disappearing cursor' in the Bailiff's office as well, I tried using guesswork and did okay for a bit, but will try others' suggestions. Just wanted to let others know that they're not alone. Windows 8.1

posted in The Emptiness on Jan 29, 15 12:26 PM
My first reaction was "NO!" I did NOT like it! BUT! I worked with it a bit and it is different than anything I've played before. Graphics are good. The directional arrows give me a 'cheap' feeling, but you get used to it. I did okay on the first quest but needed a hint. The hint system is intriguing. The whole game is intriguing.

Those of you who don't like dark themes may or may not like this game. It is a little demonic (only based on my first half hour of play). Those of you who like dark themed games may or may not like it.

It starts out kind of dark and you're wondering what to do, then you realize it's an 'escape the room' style of game.

So far, the hidden 'objects' are letters (alphabet letters) which is where you have to hunt all over for them.

It's both simple and complex at the same time.

posted in Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers on Jan 2, 14 4:33 PM
Freezing up after the third gem is inserted and the mirror appears. I'm sorry you all are having this problem, but at least I know I'm not alone.

Add my name to the list of people who have this problem!

My game continually freezes at the ship's puzzle in the black diary. I can play the rest of the game but not that page. I've replayed a second time and STILL, it freezes!
Next time, I wait for the store release. No matter how good the game, this kind of crap makes it worthless to me.

I'd love to have the MCF lighter also!

SeverineSnape wrote:I was most shocked about Isis getting trapped behind the mirror! I ran around like crazy trying to get her out!

I went crazy at that point too! I nearly screamed when it happened.

Now, I find myself talking to Alistar. (out loud too) "I'm coming for you, Alistar. I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me." (I love the movie "Tombstone") Bwahahaha!

I was tickled to be able to save ...(can't figure out how to white out spoilers) well, the one in the Iron Maiden (later in the game) I would have been mad if I couldn't have saved that individual. (yeah, I'm a little on the odd side, but it's all good)

Wasn't the guy who ate everything Madame Fate's son?

Some of the action scenes almost made me feel sorry for Charles (almost).

I had tried to solve the mystery of the ship that sails around a large hand. I tried and tried and tried then let it sit for a day or two while i thought and did some research. Well, I went back to it and I can't click on ANYTHING. Don't know if it's my computer being contrary or the game. I'll give it some more time but I may have to start the game all over again! That's not really a bad thing, but I'm SO close to the end (at least I think so, I could be wrong).

Odd. I've never experienced glitches in MCF games.

I find myself crying out "Oh, no, (fill in name)! I've got to save you!" And when there's a bomb about to go off, I just panic! Yes, I talk to the characters in the game. Yes, I have no life and am derranged. (But I've made peace with that.)

I desperately need help with this too! I've been able to figure out every other puzzle in that darned book (so far). Hmmm, months.... I wonder if that's the 'order' to read the directions? I'll give it a try.

Not sure where I am in the scheme of things but I've been playing this all day and think I've only scratched the surface!

Love looking for the little extras!

I can't explain how marvelous this game is. The 'door locks' are fun! (thank you for bringing them back!!) The scenery is ....immersive? I am THERE at the carnival, feeling the chill of the evening air. I swear I can smell popcorn and cotton candy!

The hidden object scenes are just fantastic! Just the right level of difficulty.

The mini-games are a blast! It took me awhile to learn that the diary is a BIG HELP in solving puzzles.

Naturally, the story line is....well, classic MCF!

Everything seems to be just the right combination. Right number of games, scenes, morphing things, etc. It's a sampler platter of the best of all game goodies.

Now that I've had a chance to aimlessly blurt out my accolades, I must go back and continue my sleuthing. Like I said....I think I've only scratched the surface of this game!

All time fave! I think I could play this game more than once!

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 13 10:27 AM
Game crashed as I hit play. The best I got was intro music and a black screen.

posted in Stray Souls: Stolen Memories Collector's Edition on Jul 22, 13 1:03 PM
Dingy rooms with weeds, mold and goo growing on the walls. Mysterious liquids drip with a haunting 'plink'. Broken glass, splintered bannisters, warped flooring, and lots of nooks and crannies for curious things to stare out of. Aged memories of a town that once was.
I LOVE IT!!!

I'm making random action movie quotes every time I see that clown. I will be his worst enemy!

I live vicariously through my games (especially when they're this good!)

posted in Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen on May 27, 13 8:23 PM
Figured it out.

posted in Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen on May 27, 13 7:14 PM
I'm supposed to unlock a gate with an ankh key. Where is it?

posted in The Lake House: Children of Silence on Apr 10, 13 9:35 AM
I was buying at random to use up my game credits and got this game (no demo) I wasn't sure what to expect and at first I wasn't too interested, but then as it went on I got more and more intrigued.
I loved the scenery and the music! So delightfully dismal and full of wanton sadness. (yeah, I'm a twisted little fishie) It just added to the storyline which I also loved. The ending was my kind of ending (the way I'd end my stories).
Really have no complaints. I found this game to be interesting, fun and full of scenes and images of past games, etc.
Just loved it! (now I'm sad I didn't see that it had a CE, which I wish I had now)

posted in Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse on Nov 28, 12 11:49 AM
I'll have to figure out how to get the maps. Right now, I'm getting familiar with the castle (main part anyway).
I have problems with large file games. I always need a walkthrough to help me. This will be no different, but at least I'm trying to get around without help!

Thanks BFG! SO glad you offer Nancy Drew games as well as other LFAs!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 7:22 PM
All my DH hears from me is a gasp from the jump moment, then swearing because I jumped. He had to hear this repeatedly and started laughing at me.
I felt stupid because each and every one 'got me' and when I play it again, they'll still get me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator