Posts created by RainCat

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 6, 12 7:35 PM
Thanks!

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 6, 12 6:40 PM
Shall I buy the 8th slot or the twin sunflowers first?
Any strategy thoughts?

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition on Sep 27, 12 10:13 PM
I finished the main game and started on the bonus play, got a few minutes in.
Then I quit the game.

Now, when I try to "continue" I just get a black screen with music and sound effects, but if I go to bonus content and bonus play, I am told I have to complete the main game.

Any thoughts? I really want to play the bonus game without having to play the whole game again.

Thanks!

posted in Insaniquarium! Deluxe on Sep 12, 12 7:54 AM
I bought it some years ago, probably when it first came out, whenever that was.

Loved it then, but would not buy it today because of the vast amount of clicking required. Loads of fun, but definitely a click-click-click fest in later levels.

If you don't have carpal tunnel issues now, you might after playing this.

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 19, 12 5:21 PM
Many attempts later....

Finally finished using EPF4's method with one modification. I sold all the crops in the batch contained the first strawberry, then started saving the lower crops. I didn't buy any wheat once I started with strawberries but worked on the storage/upgrades with smaller amounts of excess money.

I planted the last 5X3 strawberries and 5X3 wheat together.

Finished in 3:19 (puff puff).

**DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY GET SO CARRIED AWAY PLANTING LOWER CROPS THAT YOU PLANT GRASS!!** (I planted this instead of wheat once, causing me to go about 4 seconds over.

I bought the second storageX1 after the first crop/turn and the third storageX1 on my 4th or so crop/turn, about when the number of harvested crops looked to exceed 20 total. It doesn't affect when you can buy the first strawberry (turn-wise) but having enough storage (30) speeds up selling as you get max crops planted.

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 19, 12 9:41 AM
I sold all the cows at the beginning, too. Upgraded the wheat but not the strawberries. Kept sellling strawberries until I had 150K then bought 10 cows. Finished in about 5:10. I only upgraded my flour and bread to X2, but would have had plenty of time to finish the bread without upgrading them at all.

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 19, 12 9:28 AM
I sold two cows at the beginning and kept one. Cut it really close at the end (maybe 12 seconds). I don't think I upgraded anything except the storage, although maybe I should have.

You need to buy a sugar and a tart machine.

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 9, 12 9:32 PM
I kept 10 sheep and sold 20 to begin.

Sold the wool for extra money.

Only deleted the sheep when I bought the chicken and the second cow, maybe about 5 minutes in.

First crop grass, then sugarbeets and grass in open spaces.

Used money from beets and wool to upgrade beets, buy one cow and later one butter.

Added some corn (upgraded to 2) to the crop mix

Eventually upgraded butter, popcorn to 2 and bought a second cow.

Finished in 8:30

Had 3 storage units.

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 5, 12 8:48 PM
My strategy was almost identical to mjdixon.

Planted 2 full rounds of sugarbeets, then upgraded once. Used that as my cash crop.

Upgraded grass and planted some before I bought the cow.

Collected milk.

PLanted corn and got oil machine X3.

After oil was done, I got another cow and a butter machine X2.

Continued with planting beets for money as I made the 10 butter.

By the time the butter was done, I had more than enough to buy a corn cob machine X3.

Finished with 1:51 left.

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 4, 12 3:13 PM
I sold the first cow.

Filled plots with (sugar)beets then bamboo then grass until all 10 were full.
Sold all the beets and bamboo
Repeated

Upgraded sugarbeets once (to 2x) when I could afford it.

Once you get 8 sugarbeets x 2 you are raking in 40 K per level.

Bought the three cows towards the end (when I had close to 90K) so I didn't have to worry about the grass.

Finished in 3:33

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 2, 12 9:46 PM
Sell the cow first thing.

Plant sugarbeets (also called turnips in forums) until you run out of money, then bamboo with any extra.

Sell everything.

Repeat until you work your way up to 8 beets.

Buy 4 extra storage units (5 units at level 1)

Keep planting and selling beets until you have enough money to get beet upgrade #1 after planting beets.

PLant beets and sell beets until you can plant 8X2 at a time.

Now start selling around 9 beets and keeping 7. (Sometimes you can do 8 & 8).

You will quickly work your way up to 50 in storage.

I finished in 5:05.

posted in Farm Fables on Aug 1, 12 9:36 PM
Similar to what everyone else did:

I sold ALL the chickens first and did not buy any chickens again until I had purchased all the storage sheds and upgraded them. (2x70 and 3x40)

It is much easier if you just concentrate on the bamboo, and don't worry about chickens at the same time.

After the storage was all done, I then bought one grass upgrade.

Then 6 bamboo & 4 grass and as many chicken as I could manage.
Collected eggs
Repeated these 2 steps until I had around ~25 chickens.

Then just concentrated on the grass (now 6) and bamboo (now 4).

Finished in 8:08

posted in Farm Fables on Jul 30, 12 8:34 PM
I did this with NO MACHINES at all.

I just collected and sold wool (not thread)

I used the profit to plant grass (only grass) and bought more sheep and one grass upgrade.

I also bought a hedgehog.

I continued to sell wool as I got it in. (Also eggs, but eventually I got tired of the eggs and sold the chickens too).

Only after I had all 10 sheep did I start planting bamboo. I alternated grass and bamboo until I had enough to buy 1 bamboo upgrade.

Then I continued with splitting grass and bamboo until I had the 40 bamboo.

I also bought 1 extra storage of 10 towards, although I am not sure I ever used it.

I finished with over a minute to spare.

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on May 22, 12 6:44 AM
Does the plot really match the game description? SInce when are Rupert and Sebastian "best friends" and not rivals?

posted in Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ on Apr 21, 12 10:11 PM
Got about half-way through the games during the demo, using only one hint when I starting getting bored.

I thought the map was the best feature.

However, the game itself seemed pretty easy and visually dark compared to the others I have been playing this week (Snark Busters, House of 1000 Doors 2). Not enough puzzles.

I don't mind short games, but they need to be fun and maybe replayable. This just seemed like a one-off time killer.

And I agree with the other posters, that the voice acting and accents are appalling.

I bought myself a $3 e-book I have been thinking about getting instead.

I think I liked the first one, Alice in Wonderland, however.

posted in Syberia - Part 1 on Feb 28, 12 6:18 AM
You can get Syberia 1 & 2 on DVD for $10 total, or for $15 if you want the game Amerzone also.
And then you have the DVD and don't have to worry about the big downloads.
You can even do a "light" installation, and run some of the game off of the DVD.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jan 18, 12 7:21 AM
I got the CE during the last CE-for-SE price sale. Personally, I am not a fan of most TM games (especially food-serving ones) but I like building games. Anyhow, I was a little worried, but I managed to get gold on regular levels (and all the challenge levels) with only occasional consulting of the strategy guide.

The trick for gold in this game is not really clicking and speed, except in a couple of levels. It is coming up with the correct strategy. FIguring out through trial and error what to do and not do.

Anyhow, as I person that hates lot of clicking, I just (tried to) limit myself to 10 levels or so a day just in case, so my wrist/hand wouldn't hurt.

I really love the game. I am about 45 levels through expert now.

posted in Azada: In Libro on Jan 8, 12 1:50 PM
I liked the adventure with no hidden object game play style of the game. There are enough hidden object games out there thay having one without was refreshing.

It has been a while since I played the other two Azada games, but I seem to remember they had a lot more puzzles, with several of each style. This game did not repeat any puzzle types, but had only one of each. Only one puzzle (the suduko at the end) was extremely challenging.

The challenging aspect of the game was trying to find all the areas to click, and all the paths to take, and later remembering where it was you saw an object that you could not use at the time, or a puzzle you needed to complete later. There was a LOT of backtracking.

This game would have benefitted a lot by having an ingame map (unless that is a CE thing), maybe with markings for areas with achieveable objectives/actions.

Having said that, I only had to resort to the strategy guide and the hints a few times (most of which would have been unnecessary with a map). And I only cheated on one puzzle (the last one), which I could have solved in a couple of hours with some blanks grids and a lot of mental power, but I decided I would rather play something else instead.

The ending is abrupt, puzzling, and seems to resolve absolutely nothing about the plot. I have no idea what happened to the main character, the worlds of Azada, the good guy (we presume), the bad guy, or any of the creatures I may or may not have rescued.

The game was visually very good (although some of the worlds/area were by nature kind of grimy/dingy).

I am not sure of the exact length, since I started in before by Christmas travels and finished in yesterday and today, but I am guessing maybe 4 hours? Possibly 5. I can't remember if there were difficulty settings, but if there were, I would have picked the hardest one.

Bottom line: It was fun to play once, I was happy to not have hidden object scenes for a change, would have liked more puzzles but the ones they had were fun, the ending made no sense, and the game has no replay value. B+. I don't regret spending a credit or coupon code or whatever it was on this.

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands on Nov 2, 11 7:02 PM
Those arrows are impossible to align. I have the right number, perfectly centered, but my answer is still not correct and I can't move on.

About to skip this one.

Puzzles should not be based on how will you can time your clicking. Especially when it doesn't even work. GRRR.

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Oct 23, 11 8:20 AM
This was a great game to play. Got it some months ago (maybe as a previoud DD? Can't remember). The only drawback is that, although there is an ending, it screams "Give me a sequel! Now!" and as far as I can tell, there isn't one in the pipeline. But I hope I am wrong.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator