Posts created by ivanbral

posted in Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen on Oct 4, 15 11:13 PM
Hi shelterhill and rainworm!
yes, there were some initial problems with the CE version, but the update was released so it should be all good now
It's good to hear you like the game!

@rainworm - yes, hopefully there will be much more Cateia's games on BFG in future

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen on Oct 4, 15 3:01 AM
Hi everyone!

...and here I am again!
I'm the lead designer behind Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen by Cateia Games!

It has already become a little tradition for me to chat with you on this forum. I have been doing this for years now - every time we (Cateia Games) had a new release on Big Fish. I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions on Where Angels Cry...

Few weeks ago, I had an opportunity to talk to some of you on Where Angels Cry Tears of the Fallen Collector's Edition forum, and I'm looking forward to this new opportunity as well!

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

just wanted to inform you (those who experienced items disappearing from "combiner" or inventory in some situations) - several players told us that they simply changed their mouse and after that everything worked perfectly!
I have to admit that we are a bit puzzled by this solution, but... really, some of you tried this and it worked!
So, I guess, if you have a spare mouse, there's nothing to lose if you give this a try. There's no guarantee that it will work, of course.

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

just wanted to inform you (those who experienced items disappearing from "combiner" or inventory in some situations) - several players told us that they simply changed their mouse and after that everything worked perfectly!
I have to admit that we are a bit puzzled by this solution, but... really, some of you tried this and it worked!
So, I guess, if you have a spare mouse, there's nothing to lose if you give this a try. There's no guarantee that it will work, of course.

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Oct 4, 15 2:49 AM
Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know that you know I have been reading all comments and suggestions and thank you very much for appreciating my presence on this forum!
As I said earlier, we have been doing this for years, and I hope we will be doing it for many more in the future It's our pleasure having a chance to chat with you!!!
I'll stay around for few more days, in case any of you has more questions/suggestions.

have a great weekend!
Ivan

posted in Country Tales on Oct 1, 15 12:51 AM
thanks for the comments everyone!

@lorikgator - we know it's not perfect, but we do try to do our best!

@boogienites and cyndihugs - low performance / white boxes on the screen- I'm sorry to hear that you cannot play the game at it's normal speed. this has to be related to hardware or windows itself. Perhaps you can try to update display drivers? This helps in most cases. I hope it will work for you, too!

@goldendog08 - well, we also make HOPA that a sometimes a bit dark, sometimes more fantasy and colorful, but when it comes to our time management games - we always try to make them bright, cheerful and relaxing. One of our players recently said - "I'm not sure why but this game just makes me happy" - and, believe me, it was so great to read this! I mean, this is exactly the point - having fun and feeling good!

Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Oct 1, 15 12:39 AM
if you see white boxes on the screen, this is 99% related to display card and display drivers. If you update drivers it's likely that it will solve the problem.

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 11:10 PM
nivlem007 wrote:Great game, I am really enjoying the challenge and the ease of working. Two things I would have done is - The farm could produce more food and when items are collected they could count straight away instead of waiting for the workers to go home with the items. Just a thought you might have over looked. Would make the game faster and the building etc easier to gain the gold stars and diamonds.

thanks for the suggestion! We were already thinking about doing this, but somehow we decided to stick with the current system where you have to click on taxes etc. and wait for it to be picked-up. Maybe will change this for our next game
Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 11:09 PM
Hi everyone!
thanks for joining and sharing your comments and suggestions! Really appreciate it!

@shepherdmoon - glad to hear that! I do this every time Cateia releases a new game on Big Fish. I have to tell you that in past years we got some feedback from players that were pretty good, and some of it was implemented in our new games! In the end, the result is - better gameplay experience with each new game
Happy gaming!!

best,
Ivan,
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 11:05 PM
beezelbom wrote:Ok, here I am stuck on level 7, first day out and I'm stuck. I know pretty pathetic but just the same help! I just haven't got it figured yet, maybe tomorrow, but if anyone knows how to get gold please tell me.

You can get gold by clicking on gold piles around the level, then send out your tax collector to pick up the gold.
hope this helps!

Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 11:02 PM
marebito wrote:@ivanbral
Out of curiosity, is Extreme supposed to be doable with a 'fresh' profile or is it expected that you'll have played Normal first? I've been playing on Extreme and I'm not sure how doable a couple of these early levels would be without having upgraded first. (I'm still on the trial, so I can't poke at the levels as much as I'd like to try different methods.)

Well, the extreme mode was balanced based on results achieved by our lead programmer who worked on the game. Since he knows every level, combination and tactic perfectly, we took his timer results and added some little extra time on it. So, yes, it's doable to beat every level on Extreme even without upgrading workers, but.... Still, this will be very hard to achieve. Basically, you depend on seconds
That's why I said that probably you should first have your units upgraded, get familiar with levels, buildings and tasks, and then try to beat the Extreme mode and win diamonds and extra achievements.
Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 6:38 AM
shagwendy wrote:Hi, I love all your games. I played Where Angels Cry when it first came out and I can still remember it clearly, that's saying a lot! Lately I've been more into TMs than HOPAs so this game will be a buy for me as soon as October rolls around. Thank you for all your hard work.

Hi shagwendy!
Thank you for your support!
Hope you'll enjoy the game...

Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 5:19 AM
EPF4CATSBK wrote:From what I've played so far it's only located on the Extreme Difficulty Level.

Any it really is Extreme!!! Almost impossible Took me at least 4 times on each of the first 4 levels so far.

no,no - hidden treasures are present on each level, regardless the difficulty mode. So, you can find them on relaxed, normal and extreme. just take a second look
and yes, extreme is extreme - I suggest that you first play normal first and once your workers have enough experience, you can upgrade them to move and build faster (you can do this by visiting the central building on any level). Then you'll have much better chances playing extreme mode. Upgraded workers (builders, tax collectors etc.) make a huge difference!
hope this helps!

Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 3:10 AM
glad to hear you like the game, jojo_the_joyful!
enjoy!!!

Ivan
Cateia Games

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 1:12 AM
every levels has a hidden treasure, it can be anywhere on the level. the location sparkles every few seconds. If you spot the sparkles, click on it, and... the hidden treasure is yours!

posted in Country Tales on Sep 29, 15 12:47 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm the producer behind Country Tales by Cateia Games!

I guess many of you will recognize Country Tales as unofficial sequel to our time-management games: Kingdom Tales and Kingdom Tales 2.

And, as some of your probably know, it has already become a tradition for me to chat with you on this forum. I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions... We have been doing this for years now - every time we had a new release on Big Fish.
We believe Country Tales is our best time-management game yet, and I hope you'll find it an improvement over Kingdom Tales 1 & 2.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum for a few days and try to catch up with everyone!

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

aecidia6 wrote:Hey Ivan
Was having trouble with things not working right in the game.When i told my son about it he told me to change my mouse and run a virus check.the game works great now it might not work for e1 but can't hurt to check.I love this game u did a very good job and i like that ur willing to talk to us ty.

Hi!
well, it's great to hear that you are able to play it without problems! Fantastic!
We still don't know why some of you have "disappearing" items problem. This is so strange. But I hope our team will find out the reason soon!

Ivan
Cateia Games

sneekers wrote:I'm using the free download for Windows 10 on my laptop. I don't know if I've played any of your games before. I wish there were more directions on how to use the thing that shows up now & again (it looks like a gear w/shadows of what goes with it) & fiiling it up with 3 items. Also, how do I use it once I fil it up. It won't create the Sticky stick so I can use it. Please help me understand. Thanks

Hi,
we call this feature "combiner". Basically, you use it to fix something or create a new item. For example, if you need to place 3 items in the combiner - you see the silhouettes of these 3 items. Once you place them into the combiner, you cannot use them any longer - but don't worry, you only need them for combiner so that's fine. When all needed items are in-place, combiner will close and you will be able to proceed (perhaps you got a brand new item from combining 3 items into this new one, or perhaps you used 3 items to fix something on the scene and so on...).
hope this helps.

Ivan

Butterflyshrimp wrote:Hi, Kresimir and Ivan,
The Bonus Chapter was very good. I LOL when "The Wise One" blew up the mountain with a sleeping bear right beside him. (Not a wise thing to do). lol Also when he was talking to the dead Monk...as if the Monk could answer him! All in all I really enjoyed the game. Where Angels Cry #2 is one of my favorite games now which I will play often.

Hi,
yes, well - we thought it would be funny to have a Wise One do such a stupid thing! Glad that you enjoined that moment! I guess the poor guy is so devastated that he just doesn't care about being attacked by a bear!
Anyway - it's great to hear that this "wise moment" was recognized

Ivan
Cateia Games

of course!
there's a skip button on the right side of the screen. You will need to wait for Skip button to fill first (this can take up to a minute - depending which difficulty level you are playing on). Once it's 100% charged, click the Skip button and - you win!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator