Posts created by peony99

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall on Jun 15, 14 8:18 PM
Thanks ganonsbane - I had read the note from Colton but did not have it in inventory. Went back and got it and finished the game. Thanks.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall on Jun 15, 14 7:04 AM
Found mirrored image #6 on the wall in the passage but cannot dig into it with the shovel to find the safe - no active spot on the wall when I try to use the shovel. Help.

posted in Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power on Jan 10, 13 1:51 PM
GMMan_BZFlag wrote:
peony99 wrote:
GMMan_BZFlag wrote:Have you tried reopening the game?

Yes I have - issue remains. Can I PM you a pic? Thanks.

Go ahead.

I finally uninstalled/reinstalled the game and went back to my saved game. Of course the issue was still there. I then went on as another player and played right through with no problems at all. Fun game especially past/present time design.

posted in Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power on Dec 30, 12 10:30 AM
GMMan_BZFlag wrote:Have you tried reopening the game?

Yes I have - issue remains. Can I PM you a pic? Thanks.

posted in Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power on Dec 28, 12 3:54 PM
I am stuck in the museum. The professor has fallen to the floor and I am to stick him with the needles, but can't. Game keeps telling me to expose the energy points but I already have. Sleeves are up - pant legs are up and neck exposed. I keep getting a small clear "bubble" at the knee of the farther leg telling me to expose it. I click on the pants to raise them higher but nothing moves. Until I solve this issue the needles won't activate. Help, please. Thanks.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom on Jan 19, 12 8:24 AM
peony99 wrote:I am stuck at the gate - have put all the stars, mosaics, chain, etc in place, but the gate doesn't open. Am I supposed to do something with the "no camels" sign. I have tried but it doesn't stick anywhere I have put it. Thanks.

Found the correct spot for the sign, but now can only find 16 of 17 "differences" at the dirty mirror scene. Everything is so small and hard to see!!

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom on Dec 24, 11 1:35 PM
I am stuck at the gate - have put all the stars, mosaics, chain, etc in place, but the gate doesn't open. Am I supposed to do something with the "no camels" sign. I have tried but it doesn't stick anywhere I have put it. Thanks.

posted in Natalie Brooks: The Treasures of the Lost Kingdom on Dec 22, 11 1:42 PM
I am stuck at the gate - have put all the stars, mosaics, chain, etc in place, but the gate doesn't open. Am I supposed to do something with the "no camels" sign. I have tried but it doesn't stick anywhere I have put it. Thanks.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows on Dec 7, 11 2:48 PM
From now on I am going to be very wary of "trilogies". I feel I was gypped in both the Dream Chronicles - third episode and now this one, in the 3rd episode. In both cases the first 2 were excellent, but in trying to cash in on the popularity of each series the creators seemed to run out of material. Because I enjoyed the first of each of these games so much I didn't play the trial of either of these 2. My bad! But not again.

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Nov 22, 11 3:07 PM
I would LOVE to be in the position of having all that trouble painting the lions that so many people are talking about. I'm still trying to get the blue button - after 2 uninstalls/reinstalls and 4 different profiles. I know others are having the same problem and I wonder if it is being "fixed" as well. BFG has offered me a coupon code to get another game, but I really want to play this one. If only I knew what the trigger is for the blue button (other than solving the numbers puzzle on the stone at the gazebo) I could make sure I hit it. However I have followed the WT step by step for the last 2 attempts with the same sad result. Anyone got any hints I could use? Thanks.

I've lost interest. The wait for the answer has gone on far too long.

I LOVED this game. It's eerie, has great atmosphere and music and some puzzles that are quite difficult, and I really enjoyed the story line. The only thing I have to offer re: Margie's clue(s) is that mysterious painting of a woman, in the den, over the desk. When you click it we are told that "she seems to know something we do not" - or something to that effect. Anyone else encounter it?

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 10 3:09 PM
I agree with ALL of you who have had difficulty using the Guide. It is barely helpful in some instances and totally unhelpful in others. It shows an image of what a solved puzzle looks like but there are no clues on how to solve it. Franklin, on the other hand gives some direction to where you should go next. But nowhere do we find out how to actually solve the puzzles. I have been able to solve some of them but In absolute frustration I have hit the SKIP button far too many times and this has taken much of the fun away for me.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 10 3:03 PM
minxs wrote:This "Smart guide" is a mess to me. I'm on the music puzzle (way at the beginning). Franklin tells me I have to solve the music puzzle and put 10 notes (which I have) in blank spaces. Then I click on the "Hint" and I see the end of the first bar, circled, with three silver notes. There are also some number of colored notes.

I can put the silver notes in and move them around to some degree. Then they get stuck and won't move any more. The puzzle isn't solved, it's just stuck. And there's no skip. So I'm starting over from the beginning.

NOT a happy camper here, BF. If this is what we are getting for the $6 less it's not much of a bargain!

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 5, 10 10:08 AM
I also am playing this game on XP and the cursor goes crazy anywhere near the Inventory. I deselected Custom Cursor in the options menu and the game plays better - but the controls are not very well designed. This is going to be a tough one to get through.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 5, 10 10:04 AM
usherlady wrote:Ive twice downloaded the game, but the cursor goes haywire anywhere near the inventory - I have XP - anyone else had this problem?

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual on Aug 17, 10 8:02 PM
Hi Mintjulip - since you have progressed farther than I have can you help me with an issue I have not seen discussed yet? I am in the archeologist's trailer and cannot find the hook to hang the flashlight on. The W/T is not much help: just says to hang it on the shelf above the computer. But the entire area is pitch black and I cannot seem to find the correct spot. Can you help please?

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual on Aug 17, 10 7:59 PM
mintjulelip wrote:So far I like this game. I DL the demo from another site (which has undoubtedly left cookies and other spyware on my machine) and I think I'll buy it from BFG.

I've had no technical issues with the game. I saved and was able to log back on and had no difficulty with my screen freezing. I didn't notice any real lag between characters and voice. The graphics are beautiful. I suspect you might need a slightly above average video card with at least 512MB of vid card memory. This may be why some people are having issues with lag and the game crashing or not being able to save properly. Any computer that was bought off-the-shelf 3-4 years ago probably only has 256MB of vid memory. The game req's state DirectX 8 so it doesn't require as much as some of the newer games. Most people should be able to play this on whatever rig they are using.

The mouse is a bit finicky. You must be fairly precise on some actions such as turning out the light in her bedroom. You can multiple click to make your character run thus saving time moving from place to place. Left click to pick items up, right click to "use" them (i.e. to read a letter you pick up, right click on letter in inventory and it will open to be read).

The game is set up in a very linear fashion so beginners to these LFG adventure games might find this a good starter game. The game simply won't allow you to do certain things until you complete the pre-req. Unlike some other LFG, it actually tells you where to go and what you're missing. It doesn't tell you "exactly", but in enough detail that you can figure it out. Some scenes do take some detailed searching to find items you need to pick up or examine but this is half the fun of these types of games.

This game is definitely easier than most LFG (such as the Nancy Drew games) so if you're wanting to try these types of games but find some of the others daunting, give this one a try. Not to mention, the walk-through gives very detailed step-by-step instructions if you get stuck. The story line is enough to keep you interested and trying to move forward. Instead of following the walk-though line by line, give this game a try and see if you can figure things out on your own. It's pretty logical (for the most part) with only a few red herrings that seem to have nothing to do with the plot.

Having only played an hour so far, I'd have to give it a 7 out of 10 for game play & storyline and a 2.5 out of 6 for difficulty (6 being most difficult).

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 10 10:49 AM
I had the same problem IMKatonline - if you look in your book (lower right of your screen) you will see a page with 4 columns on it. Each blue stone has to look exactly like each column. I drew pics of all 4. Then go to the machine in the cave insert a stone, then click to the right part of the machine and a blue column will come up. Click on each section of the column until it matches stone #1. When it matches you will hear a sound and you will know it is correct. Pull the handle of the machine and you will have a correct blue stone for slot #1. Do all 4 stones this way. It will take a few minutes. Go and insert stone #1, you will hear a rumble and you need to go back outside and put all the statues back in place. Then go back and insert the other 3 stones. If they are correct they will play a tune. If not the stone is not correct and you will have to do another one. Good luck.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 10 10:38 AM
IMkatonline wrote:Those of you who have finished the game, I'm stuck at the blue stones section. I've read the strategy guide, gone to KatGames, read other walkthroughs & nothing answers my question. I keep placing the blue stones & they keep going blank. What am I doing wrong? I've placed them in the first slot, & it goes blank. I've placed them in the 3rd slot, as the strategy guide says to place "under" the instrument...all other instruments are under the slots. The 3rd slot instrument is over the stone slot. They all go blank. I agree that paying for the CE is a waste of money & time.
I have all 3 of the others & loved the story line. This game has nothing to do with the first 3 story lines. Is KatGames or PlayFirst going to come out with a game that explains who the new Fairy Lord will be & who is the father of the baby?
I agree that this game is more about the clockmaker & the only reason it's called the Book of Air is because of the air ship. I keep running out of stones before the fuel gauge is filled & have to click the skip game button to refill the meter. I've played cube crasher games before & have been successful at them. This is getting old & I need to find out how to get past this point in the game. Thanks for anyone's help!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator