Posts created by KathyGriggs

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 17 10:33 AM
What's up with the paint puzzle? the small piece on the upper right hand side by the hand will NOT work. This is very much a drag. I spent quite a while on this only to find out I wasted my time. I noticed on here that I am not the only one with this problem.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 17 10:31 AM
ackpfft wrote:I haven't seen anyone else posting this problem, so it's probably just me. On the "Paint the picture according to the diagram" puzzle, the small space on the furthest left hand side will not press. I have restarted the puzzle several times and even used the guide to go step by step, but still no luck. I hate skipping puzzles because I like that achievement, but I had to switch to "casual" to skip. Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same problem. It's very upsetting. Like you, I do my best not to skip any puzzles, but if I want to continue with the game, I guess I'll have to.

posted in Mystery Tales: The House of Others Collector's Edition on Jul 27, 17 1:04 PM
sonofstar wrote:I'm almost completely finished with the Bonus Chapter playing in Windows 10. I have to get the 3 pieces that go in the wall to get the wine bottle where Blunt's soul is stored. I have 2 but cannot pick the triangle up off the table. No matter how many times the Hint takes me there and points it out, and no matter how many times I click on it, I get a message saying to place the cursed object there. But you can't do that without that last piece to open the niche in the wall. Frustrated to get so far and not be able to complete it.

I'm having the same problem I am on Windows 7 Professional. I have been playing for 3 hours, have been very diligent in collecting all the collectibles. I have them all except for ONE butterfly...which I cannot get because of this problem. This is very frustrating to say the least.

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Feb 5, 17 12:15 PM
I'm having the same issue as the rest of you. Very very disappointed. Elephant Games are normally glitch free. I really don't want to start over again.

posted in Grim Tales: Crimson Hollow Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 16 11:19 AM
How do you ever win the last puzzle in the bonus chapter? I played for quite some time, almost finished, I guess...then it would all come back up again and I had to start over. I don't get it....

posted in Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition on May 2, 16 10:16 AM

This just makes me so mad! I am not a puzzle person, and I am so proud when I finish all the puzzles in a game. This game, and the last one I played, i was not able to do the LAST puzzle in the game(s). I could not get the gist of this one even with the explanations here in the forum. I think it's just plain tacky of the devs to do this. I am not a happy whale......

On the upside, I don't have to even try to solve any of the puzzles in the bonus chapter since I've already lost that achievement.

posted in Grim Tales: The Heir Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 16 11:02 AM
I really wish I had not purchased this game. I hate the puzzles in here. Right now, I cannot get the spider puzzle done and it's driving me crazy!

posted in Grim Tales: The Heir Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 16 6:50 AM
Rob_Blake wrote:
KathyGriggs wrote:How far do I turn the dials?????

You turn the dials clockwise just one tile space at a time, so if it says 4X3, you move the dial numbered "4" in the SG 3 tile spaces clockwise, but don't click on the tiles themselves. The shaking tiles made me a little nervous, but I managed to keep from turning the dials too far.

That makes sense. Thank you Rob!

posted in Grim Tales: The Heir Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 16 10:54 AM
How far do I turn the dials?????

posted in Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 15 9:57 AM
salad3 wrote:There's a glitch in the bonus game. It has it's own thread, so I didn't even realize no one had posted it here. But I'm trying to make the tea; I have done everything I needed to do, it will not let me use the pestle on or pick up the ingredients for the tea. When I hit "hint", it tells me what I need to do, but I've already done it. So I can't move forward. The bonus games are the only reason I even bother getting the CE's, and I really enjoyed this one, so I'm really disappointed. It's at the tail end of the bonus game. I lack closure!

Same here. Please fix this!

posted in Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 15 10:50 AM
I'm having the same problem. This needs to be fixed!

HYDEPARK4 wrote:I have the handle opened the drawer and can see a Zodiac piece that I cannot pick up. Hint indicates the object but cannot pick it up! Help is this a glitch?

I can't either. I have moved aside the necessary items, but I can't pick it up. The "hand cursor" will not appear over the zodiac piece. It appears to the left of the handle on the drawer. I'm going to say this is most definitely a glitch...not the first one I've encountered. I have unstalled and reinstalled this game so many times it's ridiculous. If it weren't for all the problems...this would be a good game.

I can't get the scissors to cut the pillow. This is so frustrating.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 15 8:03 AM
TGQOATAS wrote:Hi, Kathy. I eventually figured it out. You have to start the tractor, then use the lasso on the tree toward the top of the screen (it's leaning). Then you can tie the end of the rope to the back of the tractor and then the tractor will pull the tree down.

I agree that this is one frustrating game! I loved the other ones in this series, so I've been very disappointed in this one. Besides having very little instructions as to what to do with the puzzles, there are WAY, WAY too many arcade type ones.

Hope this helps you, Kathy. Thankfully, I'm almost finished and definitely won't put it on my replay list.

Barb

Thank you so much! I would have never associated that tree, the rope and the tractor since all it said was "I need to start the tractor first" and I had already done that. You are one smart cookie!!!!! I'm able to finish this now, thanks to you! have a wonderful day, and thanks again!

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 15 9:19 AM
I can NOT get the tractor in gear in the bonus game. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled this game and it still won't work. I saw where 2 other players were having the same problem and one of them figured it out. They won't say how and this is frustrating! Played the entire game and loved it and now this. Seriously???

Oh, by the way, I hate the new format. I like to have never found the forum. Not that anybody at BF cares. I doubt this will even be read by anybody.......

posted in Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell Collector's Edition on Jan 13, 15 9:36 AM
WAY too many issues to post. Pretty much "ditto" on what everyone else has said. Just know you need to fix this game. I am about ready to give up on BF entirely.

1 year old Dell with Windows 7 Home Premium

posted in Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition on Apr 3, 14 12:13 PM
jancheyenne wrote:Besides missing out on this type of sale, I don't ever use my free game coupons. I mostly buy CEs and can't use the free codes for them. Unless something has changed and I haven't heard the news. I just cleared out a few email messages with expired free coupons. Good profit for BFG - right? - because I either use full price game credits, or pay the "sale price." I know - my own fault because I like the extra stuff on CEs

I totally agree. BFG needs to make it where we can use 2 of our free codes to purchase CE's. Like you, I like all the bells and whistles...not to mention the SG. DO YOU HEAR US BIG FISH???????

posted in Emberwing: Lost Legacy Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 14 8:25 AM
daisyduck352 wrote:Guess I must be one of the minority as don't really like the game. Maybe because I like more HOG's and this one don't have them, so far I only had the one. The developer isn't one of my favorites either so that might be another reason. Have to use the hints a lot and the map doesn't help much. Story don't grab me either so won't be a buy for me.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Unfortunately, I did buy this game. One thing I hate and have already run across twice is there is no solution in the SG for some of the puzzles. "The solution is random", which in my world basically means they cannot be solved. I also found myself using the hint button a lot, which I do not like to do. I just finished a game where I won ALL the achievements, but in this game, I doubt I'd even win one. I wasted my money on this one for sure.

It's a little hard to earn the achievements when the puzzles don't work and this one does not work no matter what I have tried.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator