Posts created by KBEAR2045

posted in Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition on Apr 16, 16 6:48 AM
Same issue with the error access violation code. Game won't start. I am running it on a laptop with Windows 10. Why does it seem like this is happening more frequently? Windows 10 has been out for quite awhile now so it can't be blamed that it is a new operating platform can it?

posted in The Chronicles of Noah's Ark on Mar 22, 16 5:04 AM
I am having the same problem, white screen, no sound, no further loading of game. I too am running Windows 10 on my laptop. This is the second game in a row that I have had problems opening and running a game on my computer.

posted in Antique Shop: Lost Gems Egypt on Jan 11, 16 5:45 PM
While the concept of the rotater tool is easy to understand, getting the curser to move without sticking is not. I was also under the impression that there was a relaxed mode-there isn't. I dislike timers or a set number of moves. This game sounded promising but it isn't. It is a no buy for me. Perhaps one day there will be a good match 3 game WITH a relaxed mode. Until there is, well I'll just keep waiting and looking.

I have the same issue with the game not loading. It's like it's "always stuck in second gear" (song sound familiar?) I too am running it on my laptop, Windows 10). I do hope they find a fix as I would at least like to try the game and possibly buy it. No buy though until they do fix it.

posted in Eventide: Slavic Fable Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 15 9:05 PM
I went through a lot to be able to play the demo. After waiting a couple of hours to update Wndows 10, I finally was able to play it. All I can say is it was a big disappointment for me. Not that impressed with it at all. I wasn't crazy about the fact there were only 2 modes of play. Yes there are collectibles but still not a game for me to get excited about. I think I will pass on this and the SE when it comes out.

posted in Eventide: Slavic Fable Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 15 9:00 PM
I did try the windows update as suggested (for windows 10) and it did work. It took a really long time to download and install and then restart the computer but after all that time, I went back to the game and it started with no further errors or problems. Thank you Moderator for the suggestion and help.

posted in Eventide: Slavic Fable Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 15 6:37 AM
I too am getting an Error Access Violation code: 0x63D36FAD (tried to write to 0x05AA0FE8), program terminated. The game wouldn't even open before it closed down. I am running Windows 10 on my PC laptop (Toshiba). This is the second time ever (since switching to Windows 10) that this has happened to me. Sure hope they have a fix for it as I really want to see this game and possibly get it.

posted in Save Halloween: City of Witches on Oct 14, 15 8:22 PM
I am loving this game even if it was misnamed as a Hidden Object game. In fact I am thrilled that it is a cute, wonderful Match 3 game. I bought it with my PCC and glad I did. My only question is does anyone know how many levels there are? In the game description it says there are 9 locations but that really doesn't tell me how many levels (in all) there are. Thanks in advance and thank you developers for a great Halloween game!

posted in The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus 2 on Sep 26, 15 6:55 AM
Right after I hit the "Play" button, I get an error code message of

"ERROR: Access violation at 0x04960D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program termindated.

I couldn't even get to the opening of the game. I uninstalled/reinstalled it to no avail. I even tried restarting my computer before I reinstalled it. No luck. I am running Windows 10 on my laptop.

posted in Bathory: The Bloody Countess on Sep 2, 15 5:37 AM
Same issue for me. After I typed in my profile name, the cursor froze (music kept playing though). It even took awhile for task manager to come up and when it did, it said Bathory: The Bloody Countess was not responding. I am running Windows 10 on my PC Laptop. Not really interested in trying it again.

posted in Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter on Aug 25, 15 6:20 AM
I too have had the same problem. When I clicked on the Play button I received the following error message:

Error: Access violation at 0x04830D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFF), program terminated.

I am running Windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop. I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling but that didn't work either.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 1, 15 6:34 AM
I did make it customizable and could skip puzzles. Problem was I couldn't find the skip button. After going back in, I found the skip buttons for the puzzles and was able to complete the demo. However, I still didn't find a reset button for that particular puzzle. My logic brain tells me if the stragedy guide shows a solution, then there should be a reset button for it, unless I missed it (not unusual for me though-lol)

After getting through the demo, I decided to get the game after all. I will wait though for a better sale on it. I am only worried about the length of the game since there are supposedly only 4 chapters (learned this from a reviewer). However there are 44 spirals and after the demo ended I think I found 8 or 10 and I don't believe I missed any. That tells me there are a bunch more rooms to find (at least I hope so). There might be more to find in the bonus game.

I really liked this game more than I thought I would. It does make you think and though it is a thriller it really isn't a violent one.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 1, 15 5:27 AM
I really wanted to like this game even knowing it was puzzle heavy (not a fan of puzzles). However the puzzle involving the valves did it for me, and this was in the very beginning. No skip button and no reset button. By the time I looked at the stragedy guide it was too late to do anything about it as I couldn't reset the puzzle and I had already spent 10 minutes on it. Really isn't fair if you want an easier mode to play. My other option is to go back and play under another profile. I have a hunch though I may not be getting this game.

posted in Legend of Maya on Jan 20, 15 6:27 AM
Bearkat could you either post what you sent to bribling or send me a PM with the same into? Thanks I appreciate it.

posted in Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 15 7:31 AM
While I loved the HOGs and liked the minipuzzles, I absolutely hated the violence and disturbing scenes. I was done when I got to the scene where I found Aimee.It is for this reason, I will not be getting this game. It is too bad that the games are getting more violent or appearing more violent with their depictions. I know it is only a game, but I don't watch horror movies either for the same reason. I am not entertained by them. I know it is only my opinion, for others they may enjoy this game so of course try it and see what you think.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 14 7:21 AM
I really enjoyed the game, the HOG scenes, etc. I wasn't too thrilled about the theme though. Even though there were no graphic scenes depicting child cruelty there was enough references to it. What really made me mad though was after the demo ended I couldn't exit the game, well they did have a button that said "Buy Now". Really? you are forced to buy the game in order to exit it? To me that is a really distasteful way to end a game. The only way out for me without hitting the "Buy" button was clicking the Alt Tab key and then closing the window. If I missed something please let me know.

posted in Myths of the World: Black Rose Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 14 7:05 PM
I usually don't care for vampire themed games (or books, etc.) but I do like this one. There are in addition to the collectible roses (43) there are also pumpkins. There don't seem to be many of these (10) so they probably don't appear too often.

I love the very interactive HOG scenes. The play-like puzzles were okay but too easy. The other puzzles were very good and some were very interactive. I really like the HOGs that have "sets" to them. You complete one set of items and then another set of items appear. I also like the HOGs where you not only find items but there is a mini puzzle within it.

I was pulled into the story enough that now I want to find out what happens to Simon.

I love when they offer choices about the tutorial in the custom mode. I don't need the basic one but it is nice to have the "special features only" option offered.

The inventory bar as a lockable/unlockable option. Some of the items in the inventory bar are interactive.

This makes two CE's that were offered this week that were both good. I am getting both of them but will wait until there is a better sale (like a BOGO or buy one at 13.99 and get second at 1.99 sale). With all the sales they keep offering, I don't think I will have to wait long.

posted in Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition on Oct 23, 14 6:41 AM
I remember I beta tested this game. Unfortunately I couldn't find my notes and remember very little about it but I do remember thinking while the map was useful, it was a little confusing about what location had an action. For me it would have been better if the exclamation point would have been put inside of the circled location. I did like the fact that a star appeared on the map when you found all the collectibles and morphing objects.

I did like the graphics, the voice overs and the game play. The puzzles seemed to be a good mix (from what little I played).

I had no technical difficulties while playing it. That includes when I beta tested it too.

I do like a paranormal theme and this one is perfect for Halloween. It will be a buy for me when a good sale comes along.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer Collector's Edition on Oct 18, 14 7:46 AM
I agree with this game being boring. Some of the puzzles were either hard or very easy. The storybook ones were super easy as they gave you the pieces instead of having to find them and it was no strain to figure out where they went.

I like everything at the top and was glad to see that the inventory bar was locked. The map was very useful as you could jump with it and it did show available actions (well at least in the casual mode). It would have been a better game if there were interactive items in the inventory bar.

There was no eyestrain on the HOGs and the items were cleverly hidden.

The cursor, while it was a nice size, did drag quite a bit. The slide-the-bars puzzle to uncover the item was very sluggish while trying to move the pieces. Not an enjoyable experience.

The helper Mina was really quite whiny while trying to find an outfit for her. Quite honestly I couldn't figure out the purpose of trying on several outfits before she settled on one. The devs could have done a better job on this by making it into a puzzle. Since they didn't they should have just left it at finding an outfit in the chest after it was unlocked.

Not much in the extras either to get excited about. No wallpapers which means a no buy as a CE for me. I may purchase it though when it comes out as a SE.

posted in Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 14 10:23 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator