Posts created by heleanthia

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Apr 6, 18 2:59 PM
mcquigan wrote:
minesita wrote:I hope the Mods will not remove this post!

If you are looking for the BFG Adventure games, without all the HOPAS etc I have a list here.
[Removed by Moderator]

Hi !! Yes that's a great list.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Apr 2, 18 11:31 AM
minesita wrote:I hope the Mods will not remove this post!

I don't know where or to whom ask for more Adventure games.

BFG removed a lot of them, A. Christie, some of S. Holmes, and still not Syberia III.

If the owners don't care about its members, at least will loose one (me), because I don't care more for game series which are totally the same!

I can name a lot of game's titles I'm sure people will be interested to have as another genre or choice to explore.

I'm not sure if my post is clear, hopefully another fishies will second this petition, and with a proper English will help me to convey the message.

ETA- I edited to reassure the other members who like HOPAs, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to them, only I'm asking for more game's diversity

Minesita, hi!!! <3 I absolutely agree with you! (Your english is terrific Minesita, please don't worry) I only keep my membership here as once in a while great adventure games still pop up ...(as well as all the classics that others have mentioned here, I got Green Moon about a year ago and then green Moon 2...both of which were such fun). I have scooped up as manyof the large files remaining that I can (My latest was subject 13 but at one point I got stuck so...lol) I far prefer adventure games to Hogs.... The Carol Reed games have always been dear to my heart as well. I too would be willing to pay a bit more, and wonder if Bigfish would ever make a separate branch of just adventure games....

posted in World's Greatest Cities Mosaics 3 on Dec 12, 17 1:36 PM
I have the other two city mosaic game by this same developer (and love them) The little clock is a bonus achiever, I mean if you succeed in correctly doing several lines in a shortish time, it will pop up and award more points if you continue correctly filling lines! (but it is only for around 10 seconds I think )

angelfish106 wrote:

As usual the graphics are very good, the map transports and the SG thankfully shows how to solve a puzzle if you get stuck; lately there seem to be an influx of games that don't bother. The story was quite interesting to me and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops. I didn't find it the least bit boring.

I was open minded and quite willing to move on from the old ravenhearst saga...however I did not find the graphics very good at all.
Soulless would be a good descriptive term .
Even retro games from the 1990's had more heart.

I wonder if anyone noticed the first character we encounter...the gossipy lady.

She's a stereotype and it's pretty obvious that the developers are having a little joke about who they perceive to be the audience for these games.

So laugh , developers, but THIS gossipy woman who helped finance most of your careers will no longer be buying games by you.

posted in Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure Collector's Edition on Oct 31, 17 2:13 PM
mcquigan wrote:
heleanthia wrote:

Does any one here remember as I do, those grand old days of the Mystery Case Files; how exciting it was to see one on the horizon and be swept into the story for hours and indeed days. Remember those awesome and very hard puzzles?

Hi Heleanthia,

Long time no see (type I guess).

I sure do. I stayed home on Thanksgiving one year citing my broken ankle as an excuse. The real reason was Dire Grove :-).

I've been replaying my old adventure and large file games and loving it. It's almost impossible to find some of them btw. If you type in "Kuros" nothing comes up, but that is indeed a game I own.

hi to you mcquigan! Oh Dire Grove, so good! <3 Excellent excuse!!! I am doing the same(replaying old large file and other great older games) ...right now wallowing in Return to Ravenhearst. Gosh those hogs were hard..(to say nothing of the puzzles!). I had to revert to my original email to get my older games accessible... Happy Halloween!

posted in Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure Collector's Edition on Oct 29, 17 4:46 PM
I totally agree with the reviewers expressing their disappointment with this game.
THIS one was not the least bit memorable .
I feel insulted to see the recycled scenes, (and plots, of course) and VERY lame puzzles.
My feeling is, that we are thought of as JUST casual gamers and don't deserve a good plot or adventure type game? (I mean Adam Wolfe was pretty good, and it seems odd to think it was by the same people)

Does any one here remember as I do, those grand old days of the Mystery Case Files; how exciting it was to see one on the horizon and be swept into the story for hours and indeed days. Remember those awesome and very hard puzzles?

In conclusion, thanks for trying, but indeed, my report would say as well...
"must try harder"

I am enjoying the game. I really applaud Mad Head for their amazing graphics and animations and fun game play.
It's also an era I adore (the 1920's and in PARIS...I am in love....)
I don't sweat about the anachronisms as every game has them , in my opinion, we need to"suspend our disbelief" and just relax and enjoy.
I don't buy as many games here any more as there ARE other game companies carrying more adventure games.
I do also keep my Bigfish membership because I have obtained some great obscure games here AND because Mad Head is still here.....
many thanks MadHead! <3

posted in Glass Masquerade on Jul 7, 17 8:58 AM
really sad. The game worked one day and after that not.
I have windows 7 64 bit.
All my drivers are up to date, all my other games run perfectly.
So it is NOT an error from my machine .
Grrr

Why
nanafraser wrote:Totally agree! I play older games, & cant believe how long the quality of games has sunk. Who's thinking this stuff up! Weres the goodness gone to! Are the Devs minds so clouded w/ technology they cant think about whats really good for gamer's or not reading the forums of comment of what were saying or just chalking it up for were too ignorant to understand quality! Maybe were not aware of what it takes to develop a game! But we know whats good! SO LISTEN TO US! PLEASE! Or will find a new hobby!

Yes! The developers have to meet a "daily game" quota, and while this would not seem onerous, I BET they are stretched.
Every theme has been so explored and expanded upon.
I used to endure HOG sections just to get to the adventure part in other games but now most HOGS are just that; scene after scene.
I prefer a straight adventure game or else games at which some developers like the "crazy noggin" group excel.

posted in Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness on Apr 27, 17 9:23 AM
This game is an adventure game and yes it's a bit challenging but is my very favourite of all the canon (I have all of the Nancy Drew Games)

I paid full price for mine! It's nice to see it available here . The full price included extra goodies which are not in the big fish offering but the non inclusion is not significant.

Atmosphere , graphics, characters, all excel.

Not to be missed if you are an adventure game fan.
<3

thanks!

This looks great!
I meant to write down the code from yesterday as I believe one can still use it until noon PDT.
can someone let me know?
thanks in advance! <3

posted in The Legacy: Forgotten Gates Collector's Edition on Mar 13, 17 4:17 PM
I am just loving this light adventure game.
It really isn't an easy game in many cases(actually found it it odd to read that some found it so) and if one takes time to read the scrolls and really let oneself become immersed it is very rewarding.
I adore the Mayan culture and find the art work here amazing and so enjoyable. The music also is perfect. The game play flows and keeps ones interest.
Others have given great reviews but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in in the hopes that 5BN will continue to produce such high quality games.
Kudos!!! <3

posted in Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek on Feb 7, 17 9:10 AM
aim4stars wrote:Anyone know how to label a saved game??? You know ... on one of the books. I have been following YourGibs on youtube and noticed when he saves a game he is able to label it. Thanks fishies!!

When you look at the area, where you have saved the game...go to the left click side of the screen , then look at the writing which says(I think) "nothing saved here"...click on the writing and a space opens to allow you to actually write your own title.... hope this makes sense...

posted in Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island on Jan 23, 17 8:01 AM
LaurenJanel1995 wrote:I bought this game on Saturday, January 21, 2017. I downloaded and installed it, but it will not allow me to play. It keeps saying error 809, and that I already have a game in progress when I do not. I have deleted it and reinstalled it, that did not work. I restarted my computer, that did not work. I have already emailed tech support and have not heard from them. I followed the rules on your help forum, and nothing. Please help.

I am no expert but have found sometimes the bigfish manager is running even if you think it has closed.
Did you check in your task master?

posted in Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes on Jan 15, 17 4:20 PM
I am re playing this after a long time...that part it didn't seem to matter what I stocked, as long as the things didn't fall and I could reach the transom window...

posted in World Mosaics 8: Fiction Fixers on Dec 12, 16 1:10 PM
I too have all the previous world mosaic games... I even have the ones that were released to the IPad platform.
Many reviews have been written, but I just wanted to say thanks to this new group who have made it possible to have a new world mosaic released .

I have nothing but respect for the developers of these games...
I really love the colours and design of the tiles..they are beautiful .
The music is lovely and soothing.
The fact one has to close or x in ones own row doesn't bother me(I do griddlers on paper and I have to do it there!)

In short, I think this game is superior to all other mosaic games.

I hope that the new company will be able to release more of the same.

posted in Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time on Nov 28, 16 1:42 PM
miss_marigold11 wrote:What a great game. Just listening to the Wolfe's voice is worth the price. Be sure and give it a try.

Oh I so agree. He is SOOO cool. I have this whole game through another site...
I actually had asked if Gabriel Knight was partially used as a model for Adam and the game developer said that yes they had had him as well as a few other characters as inspiration....

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 16 9:01 AM
baglady159 wrote:If you're talking about the puzzles with several levels, Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival is full of them and I them all. Really makes you think. The ones in this game are not as complex but are still a lot of fun to do. I am loving this game. Since I played the beta, I didn't even play the trial but bought it right away and am not disappointed in any way, shape or form. It's rather long too.

I heartily agree..
it's a really fun and engrossing game...

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator