Posts created by BlueSkunk12

posted in Monkey's Tower on Nov 20, 15 6:58 AM
A fun little game, like Rack-o. Too bad it keeps deleting my character every time I play, so I have to keep starting over.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 20, 15 6:44 AM
(spoiler alert)

Type "future" (without the quotes) while the game's running. It puts 3d glasses on the zombies.

This game is too hard for me. Too many super-tough zombies coming in huge waves. Not enough sun, recharge rates too slow. My poor plants have no chance, and neither do I.

I stopped Adventure in 5-6. Where I had to fend off Bucket Zombie, Bungie Zombie, Ladder Zombie, Jack-in-the-box Zombie, and Gargantuan Zombie on the roof.

posted in Puzzle Quest 2 on Nov 20, 15 6:22 AM
My barb is now stuck. My new char isn't getting anywhere.

The enemy keeps gaining hp with every battle won, but my chars don't. They keep making match 4's out of thin air, and refilling mana at will. I don't find gold to buy new gear or resources to upgrade.

I don't understand any of the help links. Easy difficulty is too hard for me. I'm putting this game on the shelf.

posted in Puzzle Quest 2 on Nov 18, 15 10:21 PM
Lockpicking.

It says when I match 4 that I get +1 turns. But I don't.

posted in Puzzle Quest 2 on Nov 18, 15 7:33 PM
Just beat the Yeti. For some reason, he lost life points with every match I made, instead of gained life points for every match he made?

posted in Puzzle Quest 2 on Nov 17, 15 5:09 PM
Started questing. My barb is level 24 now.

Getting tired of a battle in every single room.

posted in Puzzle Quest 2 on Nov 15, 15 9:39 PM
Bought this game yesterday. Been playing most of the weekend.

I'm on easy mode, fighting Quick Battle. The only ones I can beat there are Goblin and Gelatinous Cube. My lvl 11 barb can't beat a Rat Swarm.

I exit the game so I can go into town to buy better gear. I try to upgrade my current gear. I can't afford to do either. I don't get gold from Quick Battle. I don't get gold from Mini-games. I get experience, but keep getting clobbered.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 9, 15 9:49 AM
Dave sells Marigolds. You have to find other plants for your Zen Gardens while playing.

posted in Fix-It-Up: World Tour on Oct 3, 15 2:45 AM
I tried. But the elements I didn't like from the first game are still here, only more so.

I didn't like to watch Kate go from a nice small-town farm girl to turning her back on friends and family, sucking up to Hollywood moguls, and working her tail off to make rich people even richer.

In this version, Kate does unto others what they did to her. And the gfx are even more intrusive on the gameplay.

Not an improvement.

posted in Spandex Force on Sep 23, 15 2:09 PM
Capped at level 20?

posted in The Island: Castaway on Mar 3, 12 1:17 AM
Too short and very linear. No reason to play it more than once. Wish I'd known before buying it. Finished the game the same day I purchased it.

I'm also VERY disappointed that the game ended with "Wait a minute, something's wrong". I don't like loose ends.

The last statuette is in the cave just before the Heart. From the left side, go straight across, then down till you find it. It's not far from the exit door.

-EDIT-
And yes, it's EXTREMELY sexist. The women tend the fire, the food and the sick, and keep getting lost, while the men do all the work (both in camp and in the tribe).

You've made games before where we could choose the gender for the PCC (player controlled character). Why not with this game?

posted in Jane's Hotel Mania on Jan 31, 12 10:59 PM
Played the online version.

Couldn't get expert in level 1.

Was also very annoyed that I have to drag each renter to a room instead of giving them keys and letting them walk.

Many times I couldn't get the renter placed right, so they'd stay at the desk, getting impatient and costing me valuable time.

Will not buy this game because of these issues.

posted in Life Quest ™ on Feb 1, 11 2:54 AM
Rainedaysz wrote:
I am down to 86 days and am happy with that, but I have never been able to repeat 86 days. I have never opted to try for a perfect score. Reading these post in this forum, I see a reference to lottery tickets that I don't understand. Today I am going to see if maybe they are in the grocery store as I only go there once in the entire game and have not really looked around.

You're right, Lottery Tickets are in the Grocery Store.

Rainedaysz wrote:
I always become the accordion teacher asap every game I play, and I usually on purpose lose the level of buying the biggest TV because that is when the what the matter you collage unlocks. I only start dating in the buy a house level so I can get married and have the kid before that level comes up.

Buy during sales to save money. It really helps if you can get a $2000 item for $500 (75% off)! You can also buy things on sale you don't need, and put an ad in the paper to sell them for extra cash. You might also think about trying for better jobs. C.E.O. pays $100 more per shift than Accordion Teacher, meaning that you earn money faster.

Rainedaysz wrote:
I usually review the movies while I during that lost level too. I seem to spend way to many days saving money around the buy house level and am going to try improving that.

You can review a movie at the end of the day when you're almost out of time. You can review instead of watch a movie to finish Libby's challenge. Reviewing movies even gives you a small boost of Happiness and a bit of money.

posted in Life Quest ™ on Feb 1, 11 12:47 AM
If real life were this easy, houses would cost $1,920 ($3,000 - $1,080 if you bought the condo). We'd be C.E.O. of a major corporation 2 months after graduating from High School. We'd earn a PhD in a single day, and it would cost only $4,000.

It's a fun game, but it'd be nice if it were more realistic. Prices of certain things should be higher. Promotions shouldn't come as fast. It shouldn't be possible to advance to an expert in any occupation in a matter of hours. It shouldn't be possible to earn enough in a day to buy a house with cash.

It'd also be nice to do things with our children besides just to dinner, and be able to take our spouse to the spa.

Just a few suggestions to make any future Life Quest games more enjoyable.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Sep 17, 10 4:29 AM
But I think the biggest problem with this game is that I have only 3 years to play the game, then I'm tossed into a profession. To me, that's not enough time to explore and see what I want to do.

I know I can play the game over again, but I keep running into that time restraint. What if I want to make it realistic, and spend a few years in School before I choose my career? That's not possible.

Or let's say I want to save up money for classes that teaches me what I do want to learn? That's not possible either.

I can deal with the crappy graphics. I can learn the annoying interface. But I can't tolerate the short game-play.

So I definitely will not purchase Cute Knight Kingdom. I'll stick with the original. At least there I can use the Cheat Console to give myself as much time as I want.

posted in Cute Knight on Sep 13, 10 9:21 PM
MintyCuppcake wrote:so if you find the real princess, do you become the real princess? This game is kind of like Kudos. It seems almost impossible to "win"

If you find the real Princess, you become a second (real) Princess, and then depending on your stats, either you or Kirelan rule the Kingdom. If you're pursuing a romance with him, you marry him and rule together.

If you do not find the real princess, the best ending you can get is Fairytale Wedding, where you marry the Prince and become a real Princess that way. Otherwise, if you try for Princess but don't find Alexandria, you'll get False Princess.

As far as I can see, there are 54 possible endings.

posted in Cute Knight on Sep 13, 10 9:03 PM
It's a good way to gain health for free, but it takes more time for a full recharge than paying 49g for a night at the Inn.

posted in Cute Knight on Sep 13, 10 9:01 PM
The graphics on this game are extremely retro. I think it was probably fairly good in 1990, but today they really stink. And birth-month seems to be flawed. It seems to have little affect on the Character.

But where I think this game really shines is that it's the first career game I've ever seen. Instead of building stats so you can win over that certain someone as in a Dating Sim, you build your stats so you can get that certain life-path/profession.

If you want to be a Librarian, you'll probably avoid the dungeon. If you want to be a Banker, you'll probably avoid the low-paying jobs like shelving books and cleaning windows.

For those who are lost, try looking for a walkthrough. It'll help you see what you need to do to get to where you want to go. But if you'd rather explore, it may be more fun to make different choices and find things out on your own.

posted in Cute Knight on Sep 13, 10 8:53 PM
One of the things I like best about Cute Knight (other than it's easy-to-use interface) is the many possible endings. Even if you work only in the Store, you can get several different endings. And several different endings are possible if you work only in the Church.

It doesn't pay to spread yourself out too thin, but if you do work only at the Church, you will not get the Royal Wedding ending.

So to get help seeing what you need to do to get the ending you want, go to Google and search for "Cute Knight Walkthrough".

posted in Cute Knight on Sep 13, 10 8:49 PM
The Prince will be at the Stable during the last week of the month (I think it's the 24th - 30th/31st). If you end your work during one of those days, you'll see the Prince.

You can raise your Charm during the other three weeks by taking Dance classes.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator