Posts created by Valkara

posted in Dig The Ground on Apr 21, 18 4:16 AM
gilliandean wrote:still on level 2! How do you get past those wooden looking boxes in the centre? I've tried blowing them up but the horizontal line will Not move!!!
CANADA

They're not supposed to blow up. They're barriers.

I've played games similar to this, although they involved water rushing in where the tiles are removed, making flowers bloom, and you get points to put toward making a garden. This game appears to lack that.

posted in World's Greatest Cities Mosaics 4 on Apr 12, 18 5:49 AM
I've purchased every game in this series and have enjoyed them... up until about 10 minutes ago.

The writeup for "Calgary, Canada" (it is properly Calgary, Alberta, Canada) is straight out of a stereotyped description written by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

The offending passage reads: "Calgary is known as the city of Indians and cowboys. It is there that the spirit of the Wild West is still felt, especially during the annual Cowboy festival."

Wow. I live about 90 minutes north of Calgary, and have visited there often. This description is disgusting.

Calgary is a thoroughly modern city that is considering bidding to host the 2026 Olympic Winter Games, and while the people are proud of their "wild west" heritage, it's more about agriculture, exploration, and appreciating nature's grandeur than "cowboys and Indians". Oil and gas play a huge part in the economy of this region of Canada, along with ranching, farming, and tourism.

The game makes it sound like Bonanza or Gunsmoke among the modern skyscrapers. The truth is that the "annual Cowboy festival" the game refers to is properly known as the Calgary Stampede, which is a world-famous rodeo that takes place every year in July... and features a great deal more than "cowboys and Indians."

The current accepted term for Canada's native population is "Indigenous peoples" or "First Nations." Not many refer to them any longer as "Indians."

Finally, there is one of the images of Calgary that looks to me as though it's depicting the Rocky Mountains right behind the city (granted, I could be misinterpreting a cloud bank that resembles mountains). I sincerely hope I've misinterpreted this, because although Calgary is in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, it isn't actually in the Rockies themselves.

If I had known about this, I'd have thought twice about purchasing this game. I'm very displeased at this slapdash, insulting "information" that isn't even close to being accurate in describing Calgary's modern characteristics.

posted in Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy on Mar 28, 18 2:49 PM
Nice music. The "plot" is reminiscent of the Relic Hunter TV show (with a male version of Sidney Fox).

The blue and purple stones are too similar in color.

I chose "Relaxed" mode, but for some reason I'm being docked stars because I'm not fast enough. That's really annoying, along with being unable to go back and replay levels to improve my score. That's REALLY annoying.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Mar 26, 18 2:44 PM
After starting over with a new profile, I've managed to finish the game, and still have a few hundred gold left.

This is possible if you never pay the 200 gold for extra moves or time. Honestly, just "x" out of that screen and do the level over (sometimes needs more than one do-over).

I was able to get through some levels because of their structural similarity to some levels in another game by this company: Lost in Reefs: Antarctic.

You can save a lot of time/moves by using the magnet on the boulders. Get them out of the way and then concentrate on clearing the tiles with the other pieces.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Mar 26, 18 2:31 PM
So... I finished the game last night and... nothing. I got a "congratulations for finishing this planet" message, but absolutely nothing saying "congratulations for finishing the game."

It was just suddenly over.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 21, 18 8:24 AM
Heh, I notice the family has been wearing the same clothing for years now, and nobody ages.

Oh, well... at least this time the mom won't be walking around in a t-shirt and sandals in the middle of winter with ice and snow on the ground like she did in the last Christmas Wonderland game (part of which was spent at Pinecreek Hills).

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 21, 18 8:21 AM
I had the upper left corner issue as well, although mine cleared and I was able to continue the demo.

The game is sluggish in a very noticeable and annoying way.

I'm using a Windows 10 laptop.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Mar 21, 18 12:51 AM
Replayable levels to earn gold to buy the bonuses. It's frustrating to replay levels a dozen times in order to get extra moves that makes me feel like the game is patting me on the head and saying, "Oh, dear; you seem rather incompetent and dumb at this level so I'm going to help you out here...".

A bonus like in Lost in Reefs: Antarctic that is like an arrow that eliminates the top layer of a horizontal row of tiles/chains/boxes.

Let us determine how many of each kind of bonus we want to buy at a time, as long as we have the money.

I'm not crazy about the music. The music for Lost in Reefs: Antarctic is fantastic; I never tire of listening to it. This game, however... is a bit annoying after awhile. It's not the worst, but not something I'd listen to without the game going on.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Mar 21, 18 12:33 AM
This game is similar to Lost in Reefs: Antarctic (by the same company), except this one is much harder.

I got used to a game where I could stock up on bonuses and there were a lot more different kinds. It was possible to replay earlier levels as often as I liked, to earn more gems to buy bonuses.

I'm stuck now on one of the hard levels where I need the magnet, I've run out of magnets, have no way to get more because apparently there's no way to replay earlier levels to get more money. So I'm probably going to have to toss those 50+ levels and start over.

Wish I'd known that before buying this. I'm not very happy about it.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 15, 18 2:08 AM
The new colors are beautiful, and it doesn't take that long to unlock the locked ones.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 15, 18 2:05 AM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:I''m convinced that any locks left when a level ends just represent there being fewer than 6 colors in that particular puzzle.

This is correct. Not all of them use 6 colors.

posted in Caves And Castles: Underworld on Mar 12, 18 8:25 PM
This game seems rather pointless.

No sale.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 6, 18 2:35 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
Valkara wrote:According to the Help article, one remedy for the trial period ending before getting to play the game is to restart the BFG app. But the trial period can't be extended, so how are we supposed to know if the game is actually going to work?

Try a clean re-install of the game once the app has been re-booted. Also you say in your other post that this game has 'serious issues'. I don't have any problems with it. Music turns off ok and I'm now on level 3 without any issues at all.

I use Win7 on a desktop.

My point is that the TRIAL version doesn't work. I couldn't turn down the music, nor could I mute it. And the trial period lasted less than 2 minutes before the game quit and I got the "time expired" screen.

I took a chance that the game might work if I bought it... and it has so far. But the trial version not working is not a good thing.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 5, 18 4:21 PM
According to the Help article, one remedy for the trial period ending before getting to play the game is to restart the BFG app. But the trial period can't be extended, so how are we supposed to know if the game is actually going to work?

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 5, 18 5:13 AM
1. This forum is infested with adspam.

2. This game has serious issues. First of all, I couldn't turn off the music. Normally I enjoy listening to the music in these games, but this time it was too loud... and I couldn't turn it down or mute it.

Secondly, I hadn't even made it through the very first puzzle when the game abruptly stopped and I was informed that the trial had expired. It was less than 2 minutes into the game!

Ordinarily I don't hesitate to purchase a Fantasy Mosaics game. But this time I absolutely will NOT buy it unless these issues are fixed.

NO SALE.

(I am using a Windows 10 laptop.)

Flick it up with the mouse and it bounces around. Somehow I got rid of a couple of the hoops... but finally just waited for the Skip to charge. This is a very badly-designed puzzle.

pchelp wrote:Is there a special trick needed to get the picture off the wall? I drag the detector to it, it starts blinking rapidly, then I release it & it snaps back into inventory. I click on the picture & nothing happens. How do I remove it so I can get to the wires to fix the phone? It's worked fine to this point (except for challenges where I'm simply not fast enough to earn the hourglass) but I can't figure this one out. Windows 10 laptop. Thanks.

You have to have the detector in exactly the right place for the picture to fall off the wall. Then hit the wall with the hammer to expose the wires in the wall. Fix them, and then you can make your phone call.

CE games should include a strategy guide. Period. I am very displeased to be stuck and not have any clue what I'm supposed to do to solve some puzzle that has not one syllable of instructions.

And I defy anyone to find 25 mice in that short a time (or to find the mice in the desert). The only timed puzzles I've managed to beat are the jigsaw puzzles.

posted in Gnomes Garden Christmas Story on Feb 23, 18 4:45 PM
I hate games where there's some thief or bandit that keeps coming along. It's so annoying.

posted in Legends of India on Feb 12, 18 5:21 PM
This game is pointless. What does it actually take to get 3 stars? What's the purpose of the coins?

Boring, and no sale.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator