Posts created by temp_89120

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 1, 14 6:44 PM
Started playing Feb 24. Last night hit level 60.

Starting out, did nothing but click for 8-10 hours a day. (Thank you PTBT and others for the Dark Manor 101 guide). Bought the ??? Attractions as soon as I could. More clicking. Bought Walkers. More clicking. Bought other Attractions. More clicking. Learned that having five Attractions on the same time cycle would cause a Collect button to appear on the screen and consequently reduce clicking. Same for the Walkers. Started to earnestly get groups of a least five on the same cycle.

Notice that I wasn't leveling up and that some Attractions (for five) or walkers (for five) were only available at higher levels. Started adding neighbors. Accepted the neighbor goodies and played the neighbor blitzes. Send all gifts daily. Added many more neighbors. Time consuming but worked very well. One sometimes two levels a day.

Bought more Attractions, more Walkers, more Attractions, more ... Started doing other things not related to DM.

At level 59 maxed all Attractions. Have most of the Walkers. First time I didn't complete all the neighbor blitzes (now over 250). Today, accepted all the neighbor goodies - no blitzes. Tired. Time to rethink my strategy(?) ...

Currently on chapter 9, waiting to open Gator Wrasslin'. Bought Showtime in Chapter 11 a couple days ago during the sale. Only premium I bought and the highest that I could afford. Thank you to participants in the 'Vote for Favorite Premium HO Scenes Above Level 6' discussion, it was well worth the price.

558,725J 253G 13,720,689S 19Land 0$ spent.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 31, 14 10:38 AM
This is great news! I'm glad that you're back in.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 29, 14 8:02 PM
Did you try using the right/left arrow keys to move within the line?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 29, 14 7:27 PM
Hi dianatron,

Perhaps another possibility. I hit the wall at level 18 and recently got back in. I didn't even have six friends. I took a look at my friends list and (excluding John/Just John) I sent a requested item to each friend. I put an easily obtained item on my list. Got a gift back from one person. Took a close look at the items that the other friends wanted over the next several days and saw no changes whatsoever. I'm thinking that they either are unable to play or are not playing any more. Maybe it's the same for some of your friends?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 24, 14 11:02 AM
I have a non-touch PC with Windows 8.0

It comes with a Snipping Tool that can be used for screen shots. I personally use a third party utility.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 23, 14 11:41 PM
Hi deanery4.

I've had the overlapping problem too. I move my ??? attractions around every once in while and there's always one area that's weird. When there are two ??? on the right side of the entrance up against the mansion and a third is placed directly in front of the one on the right, the front of the rear ??? appears to overlap the back of the front one. Walkers temporarily disappear or look like they go under a flap.

Took a screen shot and sent it off to CS only to have to cancel when the problem disappeared three or four hours later. I like it when games can heal themselves.

Took mywildirishrose's suggest and re-read the two discussions on page 4. I always thought that my cat (black with a white belt), Sparky, was just acting normal. Every once in a while there will be a couple of sparks and he'll disappear for a while. Sometime later there's a few more sparks and he'll be back. Sometimes I'll only know that he's there because the attractions are being tripped or there's a JuJu Hat floating around by itself.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 14 6:35 PM
I remember the days of non-proportional fonts. Alignment was *much* easier.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 14 6:34 PM
I don't think * on the second line would enhance it. Perhaps some filler: (Basic Information, Tutorials and Walkthroughs)? Something that lines up well with the character count on the first line.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 14 6:24 PM
I like it. Any way to center the second line?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 14 2:57 PM
I have come to enjoy looking at Page 1 for the current discussions and other info. I've learned much that I didn't know that I didn't know. I'm probably not typical, but the only times that I go to additional pages is discover the current status of guppies56's travails.

I know that the stickies and announcements are important, but I'd like to see more than just five current discussions on page 1.

Am I unreasonable? How do others feel?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 14 12:14 PM
Hi guppies56. I'm sorry that you're not back in yet.

I dont' know if any of this will help since you had ongoing contact with CS while I did not. I did get a reply today from CS concerning my questions of how to speed up the process. "If after 72 hours you decide that you'd like to write in again, you certainly can. Including the incident number for the first email is also helpful so that we can make sure that you don't get two replies to the same issue." When I filled out the Contact Us form for the second time, I started off with why I was having to do this and the first Incident number. Then I cut and pasted everything from the Your Entry portion of the automated email from the first Incident into the new form and added all the daily submissions that I had sent so that CS would have complete account for the new Incident.

Continuing to wish you good fortune.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 22, 14 11:03 AM
Hi guppies56. I too thought that surely you would have good news today! I'll continue to check in daily until I see your OMG entry.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 21, 14 12:20 PM
Hi jphoward,

I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable would jump in but I'll take a shot. If you had friends (other than Just John) and had given your avatar a fairly unique name, you could try creating a new discussion in this forum asking for help on the off chance that one of your friends sees it, goes to their friend list and finds your avatar's name with your level number. Then they could provide you with your friend code. Not everyone reads the forum, but you never know.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 21, 14 11:34 AM
I'd like to thank the developer who corrected my save data. I was able to get back into the game at 1:16am PST. Thank you again.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 21, 14 11:14 AM
Still awaiting a response from CS on how, or if, there's anyway to speed up this process. Probably won't hear until mid to late afternoon. If I learn anything helpful, I'll add it to this post. Good luck.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 21, 14 10:42 AM
Hi guppies56 ,

I haven't checked everything, but as of 1:16am this morning I was back in! No email. I usually checked access to MC in the (normal) morning, mid-afternoon and at night. Last night it was working. Seems like when you do get in that there should be some sort of special award...

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 20, 14 7:46 PM
Thanks. Figured that you'd be tied up in the game now that you have access. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 20, 14 6:15 PM
Some good news for me.

Yesterday, March 19, late at night I took bfgWendwater's advice and, since I had received no response from Customer Service for several days, opened a second incident. I'm still locked out today, but mid-afternoon I got an email from CS concerning the second incident and stating that my Friend Code has now been sent to the developers. Things are looking up. Since I have had to open a second incident twice now (for different products), I have asked CS some questions concerning what I could do to get my problems handled more quickly. If any of the answers are pertinent, I'll post them here.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 20, 14 1:04 AM
With apologies to moosetracker, I still think that DM should be using the the ID number (Playing as #######) since it seems to be the only things that's unique. If the developers would add it to the neighbor list, sort on it and show it on the manors we visit, we could keep track of who's who regardless of manor names or name changes. The sorted list would be organized a bit better too.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 14 11:39 AM
Hi,

Thanks. I'm filling my empty time with Dark Manor currently. Much more time consuming than MC. With MC I could finish the HO games and do a round of flower collection in about 16 minutes. DM has items that you can buy that produce resources needed in the game. These items are on short cycles - from 45 seconds to maybe around two minutes, but you have to click in order to receive the resources. No more time to watch TV episodes on the Internet.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator