Posts created by MamaK9

posted in Dark Canvas: A Brush With Death Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 13 3:06 PM
OK, I don't post much but when I come across a game I really enjoy I have to say something, LOL! (Obviously, that's not often) I love the graphics and voices and story line but when I came on the scene where she says, "If anybody asks, it was like this when I got here" - that's when I exited and bought! My kind of humor for sure.
Thanks BF and devs for a wonderful game IMHO, but that's what makes the world go 'round - all of us like something different.
Happy gaming all!

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Feb 25, 12 1:20 PM
I suppose it's obvious from my huge amount of 29 posts, I haven't posted much in the 3 plus years I've been here. However, in this case, thought I would pop in and put in my 2 cents on these technical "issues" for this game.

As a rule, I usually don't finish the games I buy - either I get bored or something new comes in that I just "HAVE" to play and then I forget about the one I was playing previously. However, with this game, even though it isn't a CE, the hints were sooo good, I just kept playing and playing -- until -- wham, bam - everything stopped.

After 3 tries, (and getting the above mentioned "Dump" pop ups, etc.), I've emailed Customer Support with my Dr. Felix report. Being it's the weekend, I really don't expect anyone to answer me until Monday or Tuesday, but that's OK. I can wait.

Big Fish is the best gaming web site I've been on, and this little "hiccup" will be addressed I'm sure. Computers are wonderful when they are working correctly and designing these games must be a mixture of a horrible nightmare and a blessed achievement, all in one. Considering the hundreds of games I've purchased over the years and this is the first time I've contacted Customer Support on a technical issue - hey, you just can't beat that record! Thanks BF for all the many, many hours of pleasure you've brought to my life.

Cher

posted in Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition on Oct 16, 11 8:55 PM
I had the dickens of a time trying to find this one too! I tried to follow the hint but got nowhere until I finally saw the "tip" of the cane - it's silver (like a filigree - sp?) that is above and to the right of the "hint" area.
Hope this helps.

posted in Spring Bonus on Apr 15, 11 8:47 AM
After putting in 70 hours this week (one person called in sick and another just quit) at work I really needed a game like this! And with the sale price - this was a definite "no brainer" !! I love hidden object games and have brought most of the Collector's Editions but needed something to relax and this fit the bill.

I think I'm on Level 28 and it does get a little more complicated but I love hitting the power ups and now there is something called the "Mystery Box" that is a blast of fun!

A special thank you to the developers for adding the "Relaxed" mode! Good thing you did cuz I would have run out of time on the last level I just played, LOL.

I know this game isn't for a lot of fishies out there but I really like it and thought I'd take the time to share my thoughts.

Happy gaming everyone and have a marvelous weekend --
Cher

posted in Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco on Sep 17, 10 7:09 AM
I find it interesting that like a few fishies have mentioned, I actually found this Big Fish web site from the first Mystery P.I. I purchased at Wal-Mart. So, I too have all of the series and will no doubt keep getting any new ones in the future.

Again, like a lot have said, this series is like an old friend. One thing I didn't see posted (and forgive me if I missed it) but if you want a "challenge", you can do the "speed" click for getting extra points. When a new list comes up, I read down the line and try to keep as many items in my head as possible so when I see them I can click rapidly and gain those extra points. I'm afraid to admit, I'm only up to 5 at a time, but it does make a bit of a challenge when I'm in the mood.

Happy gaming to all!
Cher

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Aug 4, 10 4:31 AM
Hi Fishies!

Obviously, since I'm still a Seahorse, I don't post much, but when I find a game like this one, I feel I absolutely must say something. Yesterday I picked up my new glasses - like doctorgood, I have 62 year old eyes too, LOL, and went from wearing contacts to glasses with 10 "prisms" to correct my left eye and "progressive" lens for reading. All in all, the doc said it would be a few days before my eyes adjusted so what better way to help them than to play games???

Anywho, I downloaded this game, played till the time ran out and I absolutely LOVE it so much I've bought it. Yes, I have to use the magnifying glass most of the time, but they make it so easy with just the right click. The graphics are terrific, the voices have me chuckling and I'm having a ball. There are so many marvelous things going on, I'm just taking my time and enjoying every moment.

Thank you BF - I rate this one

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on May 21, 10 8:22 AM
Yippeee! I did it finally! Woo Woo!
Thank you for crossing your fins cherbtoo - I'm quite sure that's what did the trick, yep, I'm sure, LOL!

The other thing I did was: I knew the "order" of the items was bottle, skull and then anchor, so as soon as the shovel went down to dig for the anchor, I started clicking as fast as I could on a spot I knew the anchor would pass over. It probably isn't the right way to do it, but it worked and I'm off to the next scene.

Thanks again, I'm a happy little Seahorse (who is also grateful the big Shark didn't eat her, hehehehehe)

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on May 21, 10 8:04 AM
Aw, thank you cherbtoo
At least I know it can be done now. Just one of "dem" things I guess, LOL!
I'll go back and keep trying, the game is so marvelous I'd hate to have this one little thing keep me from going further.

And thank you for your welcome too! This is such a wonderful site, everyone has always been so kind and helpful whenever I've posted.

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on May 21, 10 7:37 AM
I really, really, love this game but I am SO stuck! I'm in the cemetery, have found all the items, given the shovel to the lady in the hole and have been trying to catch the Anchor. The walkthrough simply says to catch it (in the walkthrough, it says catch the crown, but my game says anchor), but it seems that's a whole lot easier said than done. I've put my cursor on the other hole, in the middle of them, on the shovel, near the shovel, left clicking from the time it leaves the hole, clicking once at various places, you name it, I've tried it. The cursor looks as though it is right on it, but when I click, nothing happens. Has anyone been able to catch their item and if so, would you please tell me how you did it? It seems I can't go any further with the game until this is accomplished, there's no "skip" and the hint just shows the hole with the shovel.

Thank you so much.
Cher

posted in Mystery P.I.: The London Caper on Apr 21, 10 4:38 AM
YES! YES! YES!
Thank you sooooo much ! I've been anxiously waiting for this one and as soon as I saw it this morning, went straight to "Buy It!"
Woo Woo! Cher is doing a "happy dance" or would that be a "jelly roll" here, LOL

posted in Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery on Apr 9, 10 7:02 AM
This was a "buy" for me. Got home from work around midnight and of course came right to the BFG website and saw this one. Read the reviews while it was downloading and thought, "hmmmm, oh well, I'll try it" Before I knew it, I had 6 minutes left of the trial and immediately bought it.

I'm enjoying having to think a little instead of being led by the hand. As for the graphics - gee whiz! Someone mentioned the characters looked "Poser-like", but for me - that's a definite PLUS! I can't afford Poser but I do play with DAZ, so I'm really impressed with the figures as well as the other objects, backgrounds, etc.

I can see where a lot of fishies may not care for this one, but I never did listen to the same "drummer" as others, LOL.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Cher

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Mar 31, 10 3:43 PM
Please count me in with the ones who like this one
The graphics are fantastic and I love the hand "grabbing" at things but like some others, I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to buy when it will count towards my April punchcard. I played the full trial hour and wanted more, but it's not like I don't have anything else to play - I kinda went over board with the Spring Fever special this weekend - but it was sooooo much fun!

posted in Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout on Mar 4, 10 2:29 AM
who44: If memory serves correctly, the cigarette goes inside a circle on the top, towards the left of center. You can just see "flames" inside the circle, so once you place the cigarette there, it becomes a no smoking sign.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I am enjoying this one and bought it. I usually only get to play these games for a few minutes early in the morning with my coffee before getting ready for work and this one fits the bill for getting the 'ole brain cells going. As they say, "different strokes for different folks".

posted in Rhianna Ford & The Da Vinci Letter on Jan 21, 10 3:10 PM
Thank you so much Woofie - the hint button was going crazy from the moment I started playing. I came in here, saw your message, rebooted and Wa-la! It's really a nice game so I will probably buy it now instead of sticking it in the trash can LOL! Thanks again!

Cher

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Nov 13, 09 7:29 AM
I totally agree! I love the typewriter - "plum tickled my fancy" LOL.

A small thing which probably doesn't matter to a lot of you, but caught my eye almost immediately, is that the characters change their positions / expressions. Granted, they may only have 4 or 5 different "looks" but still, they change. It makes a wonderful difference from having to see the same picture for each time they talk. And yes, I did wonder about the Sheriff's "eyes" looking up on some scenes - ??

I'm sure this one is easy for the advanced players, but I am having a ball.

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 16, 09 4:07 PM
I'm a fairly new member and after purchasing some 40 + games, I really felt the need to comment on how excellent this game is! The graphics are the best I've seen yet. I'm only on case #5 but the first 4 were amazing. I admit I never did beat the "Trickster" and finally had to give up on the puzzle Legba, but this type of puzzle has always been hard for me.
I read a post from someone who said there might be a sequel to this and I'll keep fingers crossed!
Thanks Big Fish for all your games, but this one goes to the top of my list.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator