Posts created by psyche_

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 6, 14 3:28 AM
Today's PS sale is for 40%, but before we usually got 50% . I've been waiting weeks for another land sale and one came the other day, but it was only 20% and I didn't think that was worth it, plus I remember another fishy saying they'd bought loads of stuff on a 30% sale, only for a 50% sale to come later in the week, so I thought maybe I'd wait and see if a 50% came up. Now, with the PS only being 40% I was wondering if they've decided not to be so generous with the sales. Any thoughts?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 6, 14 3:22 AM
Darn.... I wish I'd read this earlier in the week, but at least you've saved me after only a few days idiocy temp!

I read before about people stockpiling for SHs and by my reckoning, it'll probably come next week (or maybe not, lol) so earlier this week I stopped using my energy gifts in preparation for giving that a go. As you've all said, that was a no go I got multiple silver gifts (at least 3) from one person but no repeats of the energies and never got more than 23 gifts in total. So, a waste of time and probably lost me some regular gifters too!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 6, 14 3:10 AM
Sorry guys it's kinda like if you hop on one foot and touch your nose....
but it has seemed to work for me, prob about 80% of the time, even though I can't think how that would actually be a programmed intention.

Wishful thinking I guess

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 5, 14 3:41 PM
temp... really helpful list...but I think you might have a bit too much time on your hands!

Not sure how you managed to figure out how many items in a scene, but it's interesting to see how many there is and explains why I'm quicker at some of the blitzes more than others!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 5, 14 2:09 PM
Cordwainer_Fish wrote:
TnTexas wrote: I got most of mine by playing for an hour or two at a time - continuously. I watched a TV show while I did it in order to help pass the time. But I just clicked one right after the other until an episode or two had gone by. Sometimes I didn't win anything despite all the clicking, but occasionally I did.

I wish they had a "spin 'till you win" button I could push and put my slot on auto-pilot while I went off and spent time elsewhere.

So totally agree! I was in the whiner's section a while back moaning that I'd been playing the slots with no jackpots, but then eventually won one. I visited a neighbour who had (no joke) at least 50 slots!!! I had to ask how they'd done it. The advise I was given - spin 50-100 times and spin just before one of your other jackpots spits out the money. So (if I remember and have time) I collect all my silver, come back in 55 minutes and spin and almost every time I get a jackpot

I used to spin 100s but now mostly spin 10. It's supposed to give a 2 gold jackpot, but at least twice I've only won one gold

ETA: I've never purchased any chips yet. I stop playing if I get below 3000 chips and come back the next day. I'm thinking I might buy some more for my 1st manor that I only have 195 chips in if and when there's a chip sale

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 5, 14 1:42 PM
I got mine too... got the messages in game saying I'd been credited. Not sure if I got the specific amount as I don't keep track, but I certainly had lots of extra scenes suddenly open!

Good in one sense, but it means I lost the quests for the premium scenes by opening up too many chapters ahead

Thanks DM for holding up your promise of x3 even with the no doubt hoards of us demanding recompense!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 5, 14 1:33 PM
Unless if you've got gremlins (in which case contact customer support explaining the problem) my only other thought is are you buying an object that requires summoning time? In which case you don't get the juju until the object has finished summoning.

If it's working, a pop up will appear saying the next scene's open when you reach the required juju

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 11, 14 7:32 PM
What really bugs me is that I finally caved and bought the hideous wickerman. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for 120000 juju on one object. Now I'll be stuck with the monstrosity and it won't even open up my next scene, so I feel for you Dwade1

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 11, 14 7:28 PM
Ok, no way to say this without coming across really b****y...but I'm going to say it.

All the sales & promos start at midnight in the developers region, right? Now is the coding done during the day and set on a timer for midnight, or is some office junior conscripted for night duty to plug in the go button and manages to mess up the code each time?

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this game and think there's some good programming and I think it's great they try and keep it interesting with sales and treasure hunts (where's the next one. please? ), etc, but are they over-reaching their abilities and do they not have any experienced programmers? It just seems that so much goes wrong; Today with the juju, Saturday with the boost sale being announced but not present for at least 5 hours after the banner appeared and the gypsy that is STILL malfunctioning and STILL predominantly appearing in the NBs.

My suggestion is to hire some more experienced programmers or to at least have some sort of verification of the code before you send it live. Sorry if that's harsh, but you're ruining your own reputation here.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 11, 14 7:08 PM
that'd be great even on purchasing, I was just trying to purchase a lot of flowers and torches for borders and it got really annoying to keep going back in to buy them

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 11, 14 7:07 PM
Nope, that's definitely an error! You get 1 energy per 3 minutes. My best advice is the good old reboot. If it still hasn't replenished, send a message to customer services!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 11, 14 5:30 PM
Hey moosetracker, when I accidentally skipped a quest I put it under technical (then got back an automated email for fixing the problems you just stated!) as I also didn't think purchasing was quite right.

There's definitely a problem with the x3 juju - 6 gardens of lurve have just matured in one of my manors and every single one was only 13000 juju. I have just wasted 340000 silver (and bankrupted myself in every single manor). CON

I think CS must be ready to hang the lot of us, or the DM team...maybe that's why there's no response.....

ETA: Just did a trial, a paving stone and a pumpkin (0 summoning time) got triple juju, desecrated coffin (15 seconds summoning time) got singe juju

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 11, 14 2:18 PM
toomuchshit - I just had a similar issue: I summoned a few teepees and totem poles and up popped the screen to say I had opened a new scene. I closed the pop up and continued redecorating. Went into my quests, clicked the button to open the scene, completed it, did some more decorating, went into quests to collect my reward, got a new quest, clicked to complete and it told me I didn't have enough juju to open the scene!

I haven't been paying attention at all to the juju I've been getting (silly me) and will be gutted if you're all right as I've purchased mainly the big items with long summoning times.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 9, 14 10:37 AM
you slept through the drama irishrose, they obviously only work on US waking times

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 9, 14 7:01 AM
I've a neighbour called "didgabringabeeralong". I just wish DM had a for me to gift him/her with!

In total agreement with others, I don't invite Batley's, Arnold's or Mockingbird's and won't be accepting any invites from them either...too confusing in re-gifting.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 9, 14 6:33 AM
I'm on the other side of the pond and the banner has been up in all of my mansions since I got up this morning. I keep going back, but still no sale. Rather gutting since I had a minor op this morning and can't do anything so plenty of time to sit and play today! By the time they fix it, it'll probably be bed time this side of the pond

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 9, 14 4:54 AM
Similar to Moosetracker, all my purchasing has become very click specific. It doesn't work on the picture for me, I have to click immediately above the price bar to purchase an item (but not too high above it!). Look carefully on the garden as the object you're trying to purchase is usually floating on top of another item, so the grid is in red.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 9, 14 4:49 AM
Does anyone actually have the sale? lol and does anyone have the guts to click on it to see whether it takes the full price or the sale price??

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 8, 14 4:37 AM
Hey Moosetracker, I'm on (I think) chapters 10 (Valhalla), 8 (Katoteros) & 5 (Hades Hiedout). The one with chapter 10, I get the gypsy less frequently now, but it's still the predominant scene. I think the person who previously suggested having to play enough NBs to get through the glitch might be right as the more I play it, the less times I get it in Valhalla, however, I have pretty much stopped playing NB in Hades Hideout as it is all I get and I usually have to sit and wait for the timer to run out as I get duplicate items so can't finish it! For a measly 160 silver and 100XP it's too demoralising!

I only open the premium scenes in the sale as I won't buy gold, so I guess I'll have to wait for the next sale

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 8, 14 3:43 AM
So....maintenance has finished and all three of my manors still have that blasted malfunctioning gypsy in NB. One week on....poor show DM.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator