Posts created by Dialogue

posted in Danger Next Door: Miss Teri Tale's Adventure on Feb 28, 11 10:52 AM
This game is very interesting and different. There is a lot to do. There are hidden object scenes and mini puzzles that are different. The story line is intriguing but I just can't get into the game. I cannot put my finger on why i find this game boring but I do. It really has a lot to offer, maybe too much. I don't know. The developers seem to have put a lot of thought into the game. The graphics are really nice. The music I can do without which I did. Some of the voices didn't seem to match the pictures of the characters. The shaky old ladies voice coming out of Alyssa threw me a little. I thought the speaker was not showing on the screen but when I saw Alyssa again, I realized the voice belonged to that face. The sheriff's voice is odd for his face too. The fact that the characters spoke as though their education was limited didn't match the furnishings in their homes either. I attributed all this to the town just being full of weird people, especially the sheriff who just let Teri inject herself into the crime investigation. Good thing though, the man misses a lot of evidence. All in all, I would say the game is really good and will please many people. It's just not for me.

posted in Jane Angel: Templar Mystery on Feb 19, 11 12:50 PM
I have only demoed the game so far and really like it. I missed this little gem when it first came out but I'm glad I was able to get it today and for a very good price too.

As other people have already said, the grammar is not the best but that only adds to the game to me. Not only do I have to decipher what the object is but then I have to find it. I like that. It stretches my thinking processes. If I absolutely can't figure it out there is an excellent hint system to help me. The grammar in the dialogue is something I've gotten used to seeing in these games. It's obvious that a number of the developers are in countries other than the United States so the imperfect grammar is understandable. This doesn't detract from the game, it just adds a little foreign intrigue to it.

I like the scrolling screens and the fact that the object list changes color when the object is or is not on the screen. By moving the screen from partial gray to black I have been able to find quite a few well hidden objects.

The minigames are really nice. I thought I was getting tired of straight hidden object games but this one has renewed my interest in them. Well done, developers. I'll be looking for more of your games in the future.

One other good quality of this game is I don't have to turn the music off as I usually do because it is nice when it is playing, which isn't all the time.

I give this game 4 s out of 5. It lost a star because I'm sick of hearing about the Knights Templar. (Too much History Channel I guess)

posted in Reading the Dead on Feb 14, 11 9:03 AM
I usually demo a game before deciding whether I want to buy it or not when the game first comes out but I'll make an exception this time. I, too, don't like the Direct X/Bing install thing. I, like others, am already up to date with Direct X and don't want Bing nor Google anything on my machine.

To top it all off, I have not read one good review about the game itself. Since I really don't need any new games right now I'll skip this one for now. Maybe, I'll demo it when it becomes a daily deal. By the way, would it be possible to get more games that are not about dead, spooky things. I'm getting bored with them and they have to be top notch for me to even consider them anymore. One good thing about all the "dead" hidden object games is that I decided to try some time management games to get away from the dead and have found that I like some of them.

posted in Royal Envoy on Feb 10, 11 10:36 PM
I agree with the people who say this game is a great time management game. After I played Jack of All Tribes and realized that although these games have timers I can still finish what I am doing I started to appreciate what time management games have to offer. I really like these games without time limits and this game is very involved. I have not been able to get gold since the first village on the second island but it's still fun. I like watching the little guys build and dig and just doing village things. It's just a fun game. I probably won't be getting any more gold stars but that's okay. I like taking my time anyway. Let the go getters shoot for the stars.

posted in Behind the Reflection on Feb 3, 11 8:25 AM
quarlesqueen wrote:I can't play this game either, as soon as the boy went into the mirror, I got a Microsoft Visual C++Debug Library-Debug Asseration Failed error.
I've never had one of these before, so no idea what it means, I usually don't have problems with games from BF.
Also why isn't there a technical Issue's thread, for this game?

You expressed my exact feelings about this game. The same message popped up for me in the same place. I tried upgrading my graphics card drivers but that didn't work. I guess if the game won't run, I won't buy it. I'll wait a day to see if a fix shows up for the problem. If not, I'll save my money for another game.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Jan 29, 11 5:29 PM
I enjoy all the reviews and most of the comments about the games. After seeing all the different opinions about a game I'm interested in I try it for myself. I don't remember ever not buying a game because of what was said in the forum but I have certainly tried a lot of games I would not have had I not read the forum comments.

As for Jack of All Tribes in particular, I really like this game. I'm not much of a time management game player because I hate timed games but since I can continue doing whatever I was doing when the timer ran out I just ignore it altogether and play the game. I think the banter in the game makes it a little lighter than some games so I don't mind that either.

When I was younger I was like some of the players who are always in a hurry and just want to win the game as quickly or with the highest score as possible. Now that I'm older just playing the games are the real joy for me. I hope that most of the fishies out there are playing for the enjoyment and not so much to beat the game at all cost.

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 18, 11 10:46 PM
This game was really enjoyable to play. Even though I am tired of Egyptian themed games this one was so different I really didn't think of it as one of the usual boring Egyptian Hidden Object games. This game is definitely an adventure/ihog and well worth the money.

Someone on the forum said it took them only three hours to complete the game. It took me at least double that but I read everything, retraced my steps to make sure I didn't leave anything behind and took my time looking for objects. Players should be sure to retrace their steps in this game because sometimes there is something in a previous room that was not there before.

As someone else said, if you can think logically and be patient the game can be figured out without using a walkthrough. I did use the hints a few times but the hints in this game are not like normal hints unless you're in a hidden object scene. The hints only tell you the next step to complete your overall task but it does not tell you how to do the step. You have to figure that out for yourself.

I hope developers make more games like this one. I spent almost a half a day playing this game but I never got bored and left the game to play another day as I usually do. The story and gameplay just beckoned me to continue playing until the game was finished.

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 8, 11 3:32 PM
I was looking forward to another collector's edition when I heard a new one was coming to Big Fish Games this week but when I saw it was the same scary place format I started to skip it. They are starting to bore me. After reading the comments in the forums I decided to give it a try. The game is dreary (the rain is making me cold) and foreboding but it is fun to play. I liked playing the match 3 games to get rid of hidden objects I couldn't find instead of using a hint. The hint I did use to help me find where to go in the game was very helpful, Although it is another scary, dreary day game I will be buying it. It was more enjoyable to play this game than the Mystery Case File games although I enjoy them too. As for waiting for the standard edition, I don't have a lot of money to spend but when developers put the time and effort to make a game this good I think they should get paid for it and make more good games. That's just me. By the way, I did not buy the Dream Chronicles Book of Air collector's edition. It was not worth the money to me.

posted in Hodgepodge Hollow on Jan 5, 11 1:18 PM
Cheyenne96, I don't know if you got your answer yet but I'll answer your question. If the potion blows black smoke you are not following the directions exactly. Did you forget a double portion of something perhaps or is the order not correct?

posted in Once Upon a Farm on Jan 2, 11 12:29 PM
I read a lot of complaints about this game. People complained for many reasons. The most recurring complaint I read about is the racism. I think you people may have missed the point of the story. Being black and having put up with real racism for over 50 years I hope that whoever wrote the story meant this to be a parody about racism in the southwest. The FBI agent is so out of touch with reality that his superior is afraid to send him on any real assignment so he sent him on a case that would not bring any more shame to the FBI. How the idiot got his job I'll never know. I think somebody owed somebody a huge favor. If you read the messages in the log book you will understand what is going on.

As for the farmer I've run into people like him recently in the so called "liberal great northeast". Sometimes they are well intentioned but they are insulting without really knowing that they are being insulting. They are clueless and think the stereotypes are true.

I think the story is okay as a parody. Parodies tend to insult a lot of people. Some people just have to take it for what it is and realize that there is usually a basis in fact in parodies. In this case the fact is that bigots, naifs and clueless people still exist in the USA.

Now for the gameplay itself. The graphics are clear and beautiful and the game is fairly easy. I turned the music off immediately as I found it to be annoying. I played for 44 minutes and had no trouble with the game. The biggest complaint I have with the game is that the game is just dry and boring to me. I guess being sent on that assignment is the worst thing that could happen to an FBI agent who craves excitement. Too bad we had to share his pain. Maybe he'll get the message and quit. I know I did.

posted in Tamara the 13th on Dec 28, 10 7:17 PM
I started to skip this game because of all the complaints about it but I decided to try to play the game. I'm glad I did. The game is beautiful and It's not as difficult as the complaints make it appear to be. I'm not all that good with hidden object games, especially fragmented ones but I did not have to click all over the scenes. I only searched for what I was supposed to find. Body parts in one scene, colored stones in another, etc. All the objects have some kind of markings on them that make them stick out. The instructions for moving through the game was fairly easy. I paid attention to what was shown to do and did it. When I had to find fragmented parts I put the mouse on the dark object(s) at the bottom of the screen and I was shown exactly what I was looking for. Once I saw what I needed I looked only for those pieces. It took a little patience but it wasn't hard. I am out of the cave and well into the next area and I still have 19 minutes of demo time left. I did have to use three hints to get there though.

It's a nice game. I'll buy this one next month. I didn't care too much for Dream Chronicles Book of Air but I liked it enough to look forward to the next element of the game. What will it be? Earth, Fire, water? I guess I'll find out in the future.

Tamara the 13th seems to follow the element pattern. I am glad that Play First is trying new things instead of following the beaten path. Good work Play First and Big Fish. This game has my

posted in Christmas Puzzle on Dec 20, 10 2:09 PM
I like this game. The graphics are nice, the music is not too irritating and IT DOESN'T HAVE A COUNTDOWN TIMER. I have always liked match 3 games but don't tend to buy them because of the timers. I get stuck in the higher levels so I don't usually look at them anymore. I tried this one because it looked like it would be enjoyable. It is. Since the timer only counts up it is not a problem. I might be able to finish this one eventually. It's taking me a while to get the coins and get rid of the plates in each level so it will take a while to finish the decorations. I should be done by New Year's eve. Maybe.

I would rather buy it as a daily double but I will pay full price for this one so the developers can make more of this kind of match 3 game.

posted in Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape on Dec 15, 10 6:27 PM
kavdek wrote:This is a bit of a yawn for me -- I was looking for more Slingo-type games as I love traditional Slingo. I really wasn't engaged in getting from one room to the next. Kind of sorry I spent $$ on it. But will certainly finish it.

Once you finish the game Kavdek you can choose to play the straight Slingo games using any machine that was in the game. When the game starts up select Game Room and there you'll find the Slingo machines that were in the game. You have to unlock them in the story first. Then you can choose which machine you'd like to play

posted in King Tut`s Treasure on Dec 12, 10 4:49 PM
The maximum bet is $200.00 according to the help screen.

posted in Twisted: A Haunted Carol on Dec 9, 10 5:39 PM
Before I say anything else about the game I would like to tell Mistickel according to my dictionary prise is a British or Canadian word that means "To move or force, especially in an effort to get something open". In American, pry. I don't know where the developers who made this game come from but the game is written in English. Maybe it is not American english but it is English nonetheless.

The game is quite manageable to me. Although I've played a lot of Adventure/Ihog games and can manage them with a little walkthrough help, it is nice to be able to get through a game without using any help at all.

I get up and walk around quite a bit so I only finished 2 and 3/4 chapters. I also read everything. Sometimes I read the dialogue twice to ensure that I am understanding what I'm reading. I don't skip minigames either unless I am completely flummoxed by them.

I like the game. There is a definite twist to the game with Marley being killed by Scrooge.(At least we know how old Marley died now)

This game is well worth the money for a beginner Adventure/Ihog gamer. Good luck and have fun.

posted in King Tut`s Treasure on Dec 9, 10 9:22 AM
This is a slot machine game.but is not like I thought slot machines were. I thought you were supposed to get three or more in a row but apparently that is not the way in this game.

The game also has two other parts. Cleopatra's treasure where you have to collect 15 colored jewels in a certain number of spins. If you collect the 15 jewels you progress to the next level to collect 15 of another color jewel. The number of spins decrease as the number of levels you finish increase. I think there are 5 or 6 levels of jewels you have to go through. I didn't make it past the third level so I don't know what you win at the end.

The third part is a memorization game. You have 3 seconds to remember where the jewels are on a board. The board is then covered up. You are supposed to choose which squares have the jewels in them without choosing any snakes. I never made it through any of those so I don't know what you win.

There are other features of the game. It shows your win/loss record, bank statistics and other things. I didn't get into that too much because I wanted to see if the game was worth paying for.

All in all the game is not thought provoking and it is no Slingo, which I like. I'm not a real fan of slot machines but I could use a break from the other games where I'm thinking all the time. I'll buy it just to see how much money I can amass (I won quite a bit by betting the max all the time) and just to watch the wheels spin. This is a good game just to relax with or maybe a hard core slot machine person could use it for something else. I don't know. I'll buy it at the DD price. Maybe it will help my memory a little.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Nov 26, 10 10:30 AM
I beta tested this game. The games I want to play when they come out I leave on my machine. This game was there. It's a keeper. When I started playing, I thought the game was too dark but I got into the game. I was really hooked by the time I found and helped the first girl. Then it ended.

There are quite a few hidden object scenes in the game and I encountered one puzzle. The sparkles, although not needed for me, are helpful to some people to find the hidden object scenes. The hidden object scenes use some color on color and some objects are small and hard to find but the hint button recharges quickly. Most of the time I could find everything quite easily.

There is a lot of walking around, retracing steps and repeating hidden object scenes but I am a patient person with time on my hands so I don't mind too much.

What are negatives to some people are positives to others. Even with the sparkles and the repetitiveness the game is still worth buying to me.

posted in Tulula: Legend of a Volcano on Nov 17, 10 7:01 AM
I played 22 minutes of the demo and I knew I wanted to buy it. This game is light, charming, funny and thought provoking. The hand holding at the beginning did not bother me at all. I thought the way the shaman presented the tutorial was enjoyable. It was much nicer to have the shaman explain what had to be done and why in a dialog to the player rather than a pop up showing do this, find that. This game is a breath of fresh air. The tone is so light I don't feel rushed and I really want to help the shaman out. If you want a game that is light, fun and different this is a game to play. I don't know how long the game is. It looks to be a good length according to the walkthrough. Some people will probably speed through it but this is a game that should be done without rushing through. It's a nice break from the dark adventure games Big Fish had last month. I enjoy the dark games too but it's nice to lift the spirits once in a while.

posted in Astro Avenger 2 on Nov 13, 10 8:29 PM
The last time I beat that ship was a while ago but I remember how I did it. That mothership can only be killed using the secret weapon and the secret weapon is only effective if you shoot right into the open door. The door stays open only briefly so you have to be quick. When the door was not open I switched to another weapon so I could knock out the other ships. I didn't use the secret weapon to knock them out as it uses a lot of plasma which is hard to replenish. Once the door opened I knocked out the ships blocking the door then switched to the secret weapon and kept firing until the door closed. The door closes very quickly so you have to be fast and persistent to kill the ship. I hope this helps.

posted in Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice on Nov 1, 10 7:46 PM
I finally found the correct book. The same book was in two different aisles. I used a hint when I was not in a particular aisle and the hint highlighted an aisle I was not in before. A copy of the book was there.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator