Posts created by nanaseaweed

posted in Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse on Mar 24, 10 11:05 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:Just adding my 2 cents worth! I'm new to game playing so I can not compare it to much. I liked my one hour trial. I was entertained and I played the relaxed or easy mode. Probably a buy for me in the near future.
Nana

Just an update. I did buy the game. It kept me busy for days!

SPOiLER ALERT!!

I loved the tunnel ride, it felt so real! The Oceanarium was beautiful too ! The ending was a little dark for me. But I thought the game was good fun most of the time.

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 23, 10 8:19 AM
This game is not my cup of tea. I had no idea it would get as dark as it did. I would have appreciated a warning??...I thought it played well and was interesting and I did play to the end. I also did relaxed play. But I won't play this kind of game again if I can help it.

posted in The Lost Cases of 221B Baker St. on Mar 23, 10 7:34 AM
Hi all,
Well as I have said before, I am new to the world of games. In my one hour, I worked 2 cases. I chose untimed and enjoyed the pace. I thought the game was good fun! Great graphics. loved the story line, lots to do, I loved the sound of the seagulls. The music, conversations, and items to find fit with the era. All in all, a 5 fin production!
I'll probably buy it!

Nana

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 21, 10 6:28 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:Hi
I'm not sure this is a big problem but I thought I would mention it. When it loaded, It went to the left side of my screen and it wouldn't center itself. Some of the scenes were not completely visible especially around the edges. Like I couldn't read all the instructions. I am running a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7 , aero card turned off. My compatability assistant questioned whether the program loaded correctly also.

Is there a fix for this?

posted in Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse on Mar 20, 10 10:32 AM
Just adding my 2 cents worth! I'm new to game playing so I can not compare it to much. I liked my one hour trial. I was entertained and I played the relaxed or easy mode. Probably a buy for me in the near future.
Nana

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 19, 10 7:41 AM
Diana_Mc wrote:Is the default for this game "Welcome Rachael" ?

That kind of freaked me out. It's bad enough when they have MY name in there but who's Rachael?

LOL I deleted Rachael...I thought I got a used copy...LOL

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 19, 10 7:36 AM
I had one technical issue with loading and played it anyway. The game is beautiful! It reminds me of "Drawn". It is a little clunky, with finding things and manuvering around but I worked it out. I got as far as the first gear puzzle when my time ran out. I'm slow! LOL I might not buy right now but I would say it is a buy because it is fun.
Nana

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 19, 10 7:21 AM
Hi
I'm not sure this is a big problem but I thought I would mention it. When it loaded, It went to the left side of my screen and it wouldn't center itself. Some of the scenes were not completely visible especially around the edges. Like I couldn't read all the instructions. I am running a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7 , aero card turned off. My compatability assistant questioned whether the program loaded correctly also.

posted in Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba on Mar 17, 10 8:27 AM
Great game..entertaining...mind challenging...more puzzles than HOG ....but I like puzzles! I've played the trial hour and loads more to do. So far I have not needed the walk through but glad it is available. I would say it's a good buy!

posted in Time Riddles: The Mansion on Mar 16, 10 2:37 PM
I can't finish it ....I'm too bored! Too much repeating of same scenes and the story line is not cohesive.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 16, 10 7:19 AM
I love the CE's too! I finally gave in and bought this one. I'm enjoying all the parts. I am enjoying this way of finding the objects. I also like the inspection format and the different hint options. Beautiful game also not too dark yet!
nanaseaweed

posted in It's all about masks on Mar 15, 10 9:58 AM
Hi, I just finished the trial and got up to the needlepoint flower. "clew" through me too! I am running a new computer , Sony Vaio with Windows 7, aero card turned off. Ran fine...pretty graphics...definitely a HOG game. Music was not great but not bad...It would be a nice break from puzzle or adventure games when stumped by them. As I often get stumped by those type. LOL ...Sally

posted in Hidden in Time: Mirror Mirror on Mar 14, 10 1:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome clownfish!
Sally

posted in Hidden in Time: Mirror Mirror on Mar 13, 10 10:17 AM
Hi,
I just finished the trial version of the game and am on my way to buy it. Thanks for the great buy!
Sally

posted in Doors of the Mind: Inner Mysteries on Mar 13, 10 9:06 AM
I just finished the trial. It's a buy in my opinion. I only got part way through day 2 so I believe it would be long enough for me. I liked the different puzzles and mini games. I turned off the sounds and listened to my own music. All in all intriguing little game.
Nana

posted in Green Moon on Mar 10, 10 10:41 AM
Hi, I just want to say THANK YOU for your blog walk throughs! I am like a robot that you wind up and it bounces against walls with these Adventure games! If I did not have the walk throughs to help me I would never play them! When I start out on my own I pick up too much stuff! I must have had 10 spider web threads !!
So I use the walk throughs like this one to learn how, or as hints when I get into trouble. Thanks again for the help.
Sally

posted in Love Story: Letters from the Past on Mar 9, 10 5:44 AM
What a Nice game! It is so sweet! Thanks for offering it!
Nana

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Mar 9, 10 5:13 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was easy to follow but challenging too. I enjoyed Dream chronicles and this game reminded me of them. I'm playing it again with my granddaughter and she is really intrigued with it. My grandson sneaks a peak while we play but he wouldn't admit he likes it to. LOL

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on Jan 10, 10 1:09 PM
I made it through this game! Wow! What a challenge for me. It took me 7 days of trying to defeat the chess game before I made it through today! I'm 63 and a grandma and the grands were amazed at how I was able to follow the lights! It just took getting used to it. I did turn the tones off. I found them to be destracting. I think in all it has taken me 10 days to play this game off and on. My final score was 0....!!!! But I scored 100% in my satisfaction of accomplishments. I think the biggest challenge was looking for the teeny things and then we get this whole screen chess board to memorize. After that is the maze...I hung in there...but wow!
good luck! Nana

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual on Dec 11, 09 5:01 AM
me again. I meant cursor not mouse

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator