Posts created by JB4510

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 1, 13 12:37 PM
It was only just before Thanksgiving that I realized I had to pay gold to unlock West Virginia. That is completely worth the money. I stock up on food during the Sale and still have more gold than I started with. Used that to complete some of the achievements that didn't pay out as much (i.e. pet shop).

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 1, 13 12:31 PM
I have mastered all cities but am stuck on achievements at having obtained 72 out of 80 trophies. Posting here as I'm wondering if this is related to coming soon or if I am missing something.

Thanks

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 1, 13 12:29 PM
All of the above are things I would like to see. In addition, I would add to the list:

- Being able to pause keepsakes when the game is paused (currently, if I have to leave my game for five minutes, I've lost five minutes of use of a keepsake).

- Allow players to change HOS mode for a fee. For example, I HATE Picky Shopper mode but I'm sure someone, somewhere loves it, so instead of doing away with it altogether, I will gladly pay one gold bar, or 5k in coins to skip it and play a different mode of the same scene.

- Ensuring all Achievements can be completed: I have purchased all pet items thus cannot complete the achievement of purchasing 15 items as they are not 15 items to purchase

Things previously mentioned that I greatly second:

- open new cities/scenes

- trading certain number same collectible for a rarer item, resource, food or keepsake

- continue to have super-rare items, but allow for more than one way to collect them, i.e. level 18 of mini-game OR Master level of specific HOS

- allow trading directly between friends/neighbors

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 21, 13 1:33 AM
Hi! This is PurpleTiger responding to your email. I did buy the Crimson Devil from you this morning. The money was taken from my account and I did receive the item. I dont know why you didnt get the coins for it. But it didnt happen on my end. Everything seems ok on this end. Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling? Ive done that several times and it seemed to fix some of my earlier issues. You will NOT lose your progress in the game. I have plenty of coins. Let me know if you want me to try to buy something else to see what happens. I hope you get this worked out.

Thanks for reply and for letting me know about the reinstall not losing progress in the game. I just thought that it might help Tech Support people by knowing the exact time of a transaction between two specific players.

Thanks again for your help!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 20, 13 7:23 AM
Lost $9000 in Auctions between 10:00AM and 10:15 AM EST on 11/20/13.

I have read many posts of this happening to others but today is the first time it has happened to me. Because of such issues I always keep a log of what I have, what it sells for and what I received. I also do not play the game while auctions are occurring, this way my money and items remain static.

I started with $69,932. I auctioned three items, all of which were purchased at the Buyout Price, within two minutes of posting, for which I have the notifications or purchase. The items were:

Crimson Devil, purchased by "Purple Tiger" for $5000, payment not received
Stovepipe Hat, purchased by "sadievickie" for $4000 payment not received
Flowing Elegance of Gold, purchased by "BLBL" for $3000, payment received.

All items were removed from my inventory and I now have $72,932.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 20, 13 7:22 AM
Lost $9000 in Auctions between 10:00AM and 10:15 AM EST on 11/20/13.

I have read many posts of this happening to others but today is the first time it has happened to me. Because of such issues I always keep a log of what I have, what it sells for and what I received. I also do not play the game while auctions are occurring, this way my money and items remain static.

I started with $69,932. I auctioned three items, all of which were purchased at the Buyout Price, within two minutes of posting, for which I have the notifications or purchase. The items were:

Crimson Devil, purchased by "Purple Tiger" for $5000, payment not received
Stovepipe Hat, purchased by "sadievickie" for $4000 payment not received
Flowing Elegance of Gold, purchased by "BLBL" for $3000, payment received.

All items were removed from my inventory and I now have $72,932.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 20, 13 5:09 AM
Still accepting new friends at 404-4574

Thanks!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 18, 13 1:41 PM
Thanks Mammamia! Very much appreciated.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 18, 13 1:39 PM
I never knew that. I thought you had to wait or pay. Cool, thanks!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 18, 13 1:38 PM
Can someone please tell me what the prize is in the Achievement List for visiting 500 cities? My mind has completely blanked.

I know I was at 447 before this last round and when I ran out of energy I was at 552 with a new goal of visiting 1000 cities, but I don't see anything new in my keepsakes, gold bars, etc. Definitely a glitch, but of the game or my brain?

Thanks.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 18, 13 5:01 AM
Big Fish Games has never been same as other "free game sites", and that is precisely why its members pay a monthly fee to belong. Like most longtime members, I pay for games with the expectation that they will work, and more over, that they will be mine to play again in the future.

I was instantly hooked on ART:AD, as it is an easy game to get hooked on but it's only after you've invested many hours into game play that you realize none of it is yours to save. I understand it is a completely different concept than stand-alone games but it needs more tweaking before it is worthy of the BFG brand.

Things that would make this game better and more in line with the BFG brand in general would be:

- Fix bugs that affect game play first, (i.e. crashes, people not getting items paid for with real money or sold at auction, etc.). Then worry about rolling out cute but unnecessary things like holiday decorations. We've had two updates thus far and the game still crashes if you play "picky shopper mode" twice in a row. Sure we can now buy pretend turkeys, but what good does that do anyone if they can't actually play the game.

- The option to save multiple games. If you make a mistake or don't receive something you should have, you could simply reload from your last saved game and try again. Annoying, yes, but, in most games, a great relief when needed. It would affect the programming of the auction module but it could be done.

- Have "Keepsakes" pause when the game pauses. Nothing is more annoying than using a "keepsake" that is good for only thirty minutes and having the doorbell ring. (Sometimes I feel like shouting at the UPS guy, "You know how many gold bars you owe me?!" though, that could just be me.)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 18, 13 4:32 AM
Another issue almost as annoying as the game glitches is trying to use the BFG search engine to search topics before posting. I'm quite sure this glitch or issue has been previously mentioned but I can't find it.

My "Neighbors Achievement" is stuck at 25 out of 50. I have over 50 neighbors. Most, are requests I have accepted, so I'm guessing it's possible that I have to enter social codes to count for this achievement, but when I do, 99% of them result in an error message.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 18, 13 4:05 AM
It's still locked for me even after the most recent updates (v. 1.2). It does say to upgrade all buildings to level 1 and all of mine are at level 5 and it is still locked.

One blgd I had forgotten about was the Wharf in Beechwood Cove because it doesn't really look like a building, but it is now upgraded as well and still no WV for me.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 16, 13 12:48 PM
I'm getting rather disheartened by these higher mini-games offering nothing in return. Seriously, who thinks people will enjoy playing the same game over and over, watching their hard earned resources disappear in exchange for 25 XP points?

I don't mind the repetitive nature of the game, in fact I like it. I like working my way up to getting a new game unlocked. I get really excited when a new game is unlocked and thus, disappointed when nothing special happens.

Now, I'm in the 30s, things cost more and that's ok, it's still fun. What's not fun is spending 18 resources over and over and over again and getting nothing in return. I like knowing which games to play to complete a set and gain resources to play more games and collect more resources.

It's been a lot of fun and I've really enjoyed the community aspect of the game as well.The only glitch I've suffered is the picky shopper mode crashing, so I consider myself very lucky compared to so many other players.

Point being I'm not complaining. I'm stating it's not fun. I hold out hope we may soon find answer, such as you have to reach Master level or whatnot, as at least that is a goal. Just playing mindlessly, not knowing if it's a tech issue or if I'm doing something wrong, etc, is very frustrating.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 16, 13 12:35 PM
PTBT wrote:The Columbus stamp is in Dolores' Barn - the quest sends you to the wrong scene.

This ^. I too was very confused. I gave up and decided to play a different quest and lo and behold the first thing I got was the stamp and credit for completing the previous quest.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 16, 13 5:36 AM
Do we want to post the Thanksgiving collectibles here or in another thread? I've completed two collections thus far. Trying to find "Blue Sky Corn" at the moment.

Thanks,
Jacki

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 16, 13 5:34 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know where the "Blue Sky Corn" collection item can be found? I found the others in the Mine and Doll Shop, both of which are at Master level. I'm thinking I might need to get the next up to Master before it appears?

Thanks,
Jacki

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 16, 13 5:31 AM
Thank you BlahBlahBoo! I honestly didn't know how to get the lists posted into the forum lol!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 11, 13 5:49 AM
Thanks, though of course I finished it one day after the new update - erg! The credit really belongs to BlahBlahBoo and Karixma. I just took their info, as well as other posts and put it in this format. Glad you find it helpful.

I really hope people will post as to what level within mini-games and cities they find certain items because quite a few of the higher levels require more than one round to get the award.

BP532 wrote:JB- If I was Queen of the world, I would award you one million gold bars for putting this data base together. What an incredible piece of work and contribution to all the fishies. Thanks so much- you totally rock!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 11, 13 5:41 AM
I received an orange Ran the Owl dressed as a pilgrim, but I couldn't tell you how or where he appeared.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator