Posts created by shasta24

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Sep 26, 10 2:08 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Choose your favorite hero and lead your tribe towards a bright new future in the lands of Kalevala. Exciting Match 3 gameplay, powerful hero powerups, and an extensive village building game provide hours of exciting new entertainment.

I agree...it's a good game. And I like it, as many others will. And, I've read BFG member users' comments. They often comment on not liking a timed match-3. So, may I proffer World Adventure as an option? If so, please reinstate my earlier recommendation.

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Sep 25, 10 5:23 AM
Read the reviews. Download if it's to your liking & pick up on the Daily Deal

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Sep 25, 10 4:20 AM
This is a detailed account of my endeavors to see a game I love achieve top awards.

July 22, 2010 07:07 AM PDT
I wrote to BFG:
How does a game receive the "Game of the Year" award?
I think "Settlement: Colussus" is entitled to this award.

BFG:
We actually don't have Game of the Year awards but you should definitely post your feedback in the Settlement: Colussus Forum

My Reply to BFG:
Your response is perplexing. "We actually don't have Game of the Year awards". Please refer to the email below I received from Big Fish Games on January 1, 2010 at 11:49 pm. "Best Game of the Year 2009" is "Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove".

BFG REPLY July 23, 2010 10:07 AM PDT
The 'Best of 2009' is actually a promotion that provided the best games of 2009 and gave coupon codes because these games were some of the top games of that year.

If you go to our Big Fish Games Blog 2009 Customer Favorites Awards (http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/2009-customer-favorites-awards/) you can see more information about the 2009 Customer Favorites Awards. It looks like this is the email that was sent to you as well!

At the very bottom, it states how winners are selected:

How Were Winners Selected?

For those who are interested, all winners earned this honor based on overall customer purchases. The following factors were used to determine the winners:

1. First month sales
2. A game can only win one award (i.e. if a game wins "game of the year", it cannot qualify for "Best Hidden Object Game", etc.)
3. How games are classified is determined by the site editor. Many games cross several genres and award categories.

I will pass on your suggestion of Settlement: Colussus as a nominee for being one of the best games and if we do a 'Best of 2010' promotion, we will definitely keep you in mind!

Sorry about that and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Have a great day!

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Sep 25, 10 4:00 AM
Suziewife wrote:Turning the squares blue is not a problem but there are several bombs which must all be exploded before the crow completes his border!!

I shall keep on trying to defeat this level but if anyone has any particular tips they will be much appreciated. :

Thanks

Sometimes, you can blast 1 bomb and it'll bomb all the perimeter bombs. Sometimes, you'll need to change heroes. I usually take advantage of "View Level" and then select my hero.

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Sep 25, 10 3:55 AM
Kirbysmom wrote:Well, what about the "mating signs" , girl, boy, raincloud, delete signs?????????

The mating signs mean the couple want to live in a 2-bedroom, so buy them one.

Often when you see one hand, you'll see another hand, then a raincloud. I interpret this as a greeting, such as "Hi, how are you?" Followed by "Fine, thank you". Followed by idle weather conversation, such as "Oh, we could really use some rain." I don't believe you can do anything to help them out.

The X, I think, means the triber wants something removed from the village, so click on it and drag it to the resell bin in the bottom left corner of the screen. You'll get money back (I'm not sure about full value) which you can then use to buy something they do want.

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Sep 25, 10 3:41 AM
October7 wrote:I would have bought it but for the timer. Don't want to be under stress trying to beat the crow

The timer didn't bother me, as you have different heroes who'll help you achieve each level. I do admit having had to play many levels over again in order to select the best hero for the level.

If you're looking for a great Match-3 game with NO timer, try World Adventure! Read the reviews and you'll be sure to try it!

posted in Magic Farm on Sep 18, 10 1:38 AM
Flinders wrote:Sometimes those ghosts do take forever. You can also try at Pirate Town as that has ghosts too. Patience here is everything.

Thank you, Flinders. I'll check out Pirate Town. Then think some more about the Earth flower

posted in World Adventure on Sep 12, 10 8:42 AM
I love World Adventure too! It takes thought and strategy...but not so much that it's difficult, though each level becomes more challenging. If you're a thoughtful, strategic game player, you'll want to achieve "expert" on every level (60 in all). I've done it a dozen times and still play it for fun, the challenge and adventure it provides. Note: When I played the demo, I didn't read the story - I just played the game and liked it alot. When I bought it, as I do with all games I purchase, I read the story as I progressed. This just gave it the ultimate reasoning and meaning to play and succeed. Don't click too fast...there are a lot of hints along the way

posted in World Mosaics on Sep 7, 10 7:14 AM
justnorma wrote:I *loved* Gemsweeper and really appreciate you guys pointing me that direction. Gemsweeper is *total* logic, hair-pulling at times, yes. But always logic.

With WM, I'm having a hard time finding a logical answer in discovering where the tiles are. And the hints are usually worthless.

Is it possible to work every puzzle without having to guess?

TIA!

I'm thinking the same thing...because I'm analytical and do search for all the options before making a selection. There are more interesting games out there, where it's all true...if you have the ability. Let's let the devlopers answer this one.

posted in Blooming Daisies on Sep 7, 10 7:09 AM

What did you buy?

posted in Wandering Willows on Sep 3, 10 2:45 AM
Settlement Colossus. Check out the comments in the All Games Forum.

posted in World Adventure on Aug 29, 10 2:31 PM
World Adventure is nothing the same, the like, nor similar. It's just a great, thoughtful, strategizing game. Suggested by me for those who like similar games. If you'd like some like - game , which is easier, and most beautiful, you can try Settlement: Colossus. It's a gem...as in jewel...

posted in World Adventure on Aug 29, 10 2:09 PM
World Adventure is a thoughtful, adventurous, match-3, but really, match-4 game. 12 episodes, 5 levels each, thus 60 levels. Well worth the purchase price. Please try it & let me know if you know of another similar, thoughtful, good-for-the-value, game please

posted in Wedding Dash 4-Ever on Aug 29, 10 1:37 PM
Try Settlement: Colossus. You'll never gripe. You'll want to play...over & over again.

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Aug 29, 10 12:11 PM
i reached 750 veg award with no difficulty. But, it's ok if you don't, There's other facests of the game that'll get you there. Just keep an eye on when the farm is on. Meanwhile, get more garden tools (1) and axes. Good luck!

posted in Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby on Aug 17, 10 3:52 PM
I liked this game too, though not enough to buy it after the 1 hour demo. You've made me rethink, seeing now your enthusiasm and given my frustration to find a new game. Thank you! My recommendation is Settlement: Colossus. I vote it Game of the Year!

posted in World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tales on Aug 6, 10 7:15 AM
Another one you could try is Blox Forever Deluxe. It's available to play on-line, and takes thought & strategy. It has 100 levels, again each becoming more difficult as you progress. It's an old game I play often to keep my brain on par.

posted in World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tales on Aug 6, 10 7:12 AM
Try World Adventure. It's a unique Match4 that actually has a purpose, is a great adventure, and can be played over and over again. There are 12 levels, each containing 5 episodes. Thus, 60 games, becoming more challenging as you progress. It takes thought & strategy. There is no timer. Try it. Let us know what you think.

posted in Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate on Aug 6, 10 6:37 AM
Try "Settlement: Colossus". It's an awesome, interesting, relaxing, thoughtful HOG, with longevity, soothing music (which you can turn off to hear nature at its best) and beautiful graphics. You're the emporer...you build an empire..your people treat you with the utmost respect. It becomes more challenging as you progress, interspersed with lots of meaningful mini games. You could play for a day or two, and then all over again. Graphics are the best I've seen. No need for the walkthrough. You can do it all on your own, though it is fun to play with a partner. Nature is at it's best. It's a game to behold. And, like I said, play over & over again. I vote "Settlement: Colussus" Game of the Year!

posted in World Adventure on Jul 30, 10 6:25 PM
Thanks again for your recommendations. Turns out, used up all trial time on four. Did purchase 4 Elements, which is great & reminds me to download again.
Another great game is Settlement: Colossus.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator