Posts created by shripch

Good Grief! Stop the Snake Hating! Bring on the Snakes!
I love this game and I love snakes, This is a great series and I buy them without a trial I'm such a fan. Yes, there are snakes. Good. And sunbeams, good, too. To each his own.

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition on Jun 2, 13 3:37 PM
Well, I finished.
Lately I find myself growing seriously tired of most of the newer games. I guess the thrill is gone for me! I find most games, and this one is one of them, to be so predictable they start to blur. Once in a great while something will come along that makes my toes tingle and I get that "wow", this is fresh feeling.
But not with this game. Yes, the artwork is great. The puzzles were good. The characters were the same ones we've met before, pretty good. But.........it just didn't feel like a "great" game. One you want to play over and over.
Out of 10 I would give this a 6.
Maybe I should switch genres for awhile, like try pure adventure or large file?

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on May 27, 13 11:07 AM
Slavicdiva wrote:I bought this game outright because I had enjoyed the previous Shiver games. Big. Mistake.

What did I think? Ugh. As several others have said, I could hardly wait for it to be over. It is one of the most tedious games I have played in a long while - go here, go there, collect a lot of what looks like mostly useless junk that you can't use anywhere. No jump map to give you even the prayer of a clue where you're supposed to go next.

Graphics? Nice, if you like brown. Brown, brown and more brown. Scenery? One crummy little cabin looks about like every other crummy little cabin. Everything is dank, dull and depressing, and looks washed-out on top of it.

Interactive HO scenes? Usually, I enjoy these. But in this game, the developers combined items and actions that have nothing to do with each other, so the "interaction" becomes more of a "Pick up some random thing and try it on everything that has little gears on it" type of thing. If there was an internal logic to any of it, it escaped me.

It's been a really long time since I used the SG so extensively.

I disliked this game so much that I was hoping for a different ending - I stopped caring about a cure after about the first half-hour, but thought I knew what the gun was for; putting the werewolves and the players out of our collective misery.

I will never, ever fail to demo a game before buying again!

What can I say that wasn't eloquently stated here? Slavicdiva said it all and I agree 100%. Thank you!

I rarely write reviews anymore because very few games are worth the effort. But when a game is as near perfect as this one, I just have to say "wow" and "thank you" to the devs. The art work is perfect, and the story is mesmerizing. I love the variety in the HOS and the puzzles are different and so well drawn, I just love doing them. That alone is rare. Lately I've found myself just wanting to "get my money's worth" by finishing a game, and frankly I've found my interest waning. Then along comes a game as fresh as this. Some reviewers have compared it to the Drawn series, and that is a fair comparison. Fresh, beautifully drawn, compelling. I great buy and well worth the CE price!

posted in Gardenscapes 2 on May 15, 13 8:19 PM
I love this game . Sometimes I just want a quiet, silly little game that feels like "home" and this series delivers. I was hooked from the first screen shots, and my enthusiasm hasn't waned since. I take time to continue the bigger, bolder more up to date games, but this series satisfies on some level I can't put into words.
So it will stay on my desk top to be visited like an old friend when I need to unwind.
Thank you developers for leaving well enough alone!

posted in Aquascapes on May 11, 13 3:13 PM
I have purchased 100's of games from BF, and this is the first time I have had such a slow download! Why on earth would this game take so long to download? Just a simple question. I have attempted it several times and just gave up (needed to go to bed!). Finally I've had success, but it's been positively weird!

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on May 1, 13 10:08 PM
For me this game is a 10/10. I'm loving the story, the puzzles, the IHOS, and those great little scorpions. I read the other reviews and realize that not all games please everyone, so when in doubt, take advantage of the free trial. I did and I was hooked,
This game is different enough that I don't get that creepy " hmm, where did I see that before" feeling. Bravo to the developers!

posted in Grim Facade: Cost of Jealousy Collector's Edition on Apr 6, 13 8:53 PM
Mostly I liked this game, not as much as some, but more than others.
I enjoyed the puzzles and thought the HOS were well done.
My favorite part of this game was the story! Played like a great daytime soap opera, complete with a beautiful faithless woman, sleazy men, and all against a mostly beautiful background.
If story is important to you, this may be a game you'll enjoy.
One thing I did not like, as so many others have stated, was that silly and completely unnecessary sidekick guy. I guess he was supposed to be our assistant, but was a waste of time memory space!

posted in Fear for Sale: Nightmare Cinema Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 13 5:56 PM
I beta tested this game and absolutely loved it. Now I own it and it is as great a game as I had hoped. They had it perfect before finalizing it, so there was nothing they needed to fix. Perfect game. Love it! Buy it!

posted in European Mystery: Scent of Desire Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 13 12:52 PM
I am truly enjoying this game. Yes, the graphics are a little blurry, but not so that it ruins the game. And I may be in the minority, but I like the story, finding the hidden lily symbols, collecting and then mixing the scents, and while the characters are just a bit "wooden", they are interesting.
This is not Soaring City or Nutcracker, but it is a good game. I have set a screen saver(I like that we can do that at the beginning of the game), and I found myself engrossed and am looking forward to continuing the game tonight when I have time.
A for me!

I am finding myself "enchanted" with this game. I always enjoy this developer's games and this one is no exception. It's sweet without being cloying, and though I generally don't like fairy or elf based games, these guys pull it off without being too "cute"
The voices are great and the artwork is superb. I really like their style of HOS, where you find pieces of an emblem or jewelry or such and the finished pieces go into your inventory. The characters are sometimes fierce and sometimes funny. They keep you guessing as to who you're going to meet next.

Great game, and I did use the guide for some of the puzzles, but you could do without it. I bought the CE, but I think the SE will be great.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 13 10:14 PM
Well, I am going against the flow here. I'm not enchanted with this game. I have to be right on something to get it to move, and that gets tiresome. Also, I'm just not into fairies and such anymore. The graphics are beautiful to look at, bur right now I'm quitting the game. Maybe I'll come back later and enjoy it, but not now. Sorry I bought it.

posted in Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition on Feb 27, 13 1:35 PM
Fabulous graphics, music fits the story, and voice overs really work, Buy it! Plus you get an adorable baby Phoenix to help you "light" the way, cards to collect, lost pets to collect, and a beautifully drawn dragon whose voice perfectly fits his body. Just perfect, what else can you say?

posted in Jewel Quest Solitaire II on Feb 18, 13 12:41 PM
I love this game! I've had it on my desk top ever since it came out and have played it over and over so many times. The only problem I have is that you have to go through the tutorial every time you play, but I've learned how to fast forward through that part. I can't find a way to turn that off, but it's okay. The game is just right for playing while watching TV or listening to music, just something fun in the background, like solitaire.

posted in Ocean Express on Feb 18, 13 12:35 PM
I have been playing this game over and over again ever since it first came out. It's become a staple for me, like spider solitaire or mahjong. I just leave it on my desk top and go back to it to see if I can EVER break the 2 million mark. Hasn't happened yet. Just can't pack fast enough! But it sure is fun trying. It's so different you should at least do the trial and see if it's one you'll enjoy, too.

posted in 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 13 12:25 PM
This game is as good as the first 9 and that's saying a lot. Just perfect!

posted in Gardenscapes on Feb 18, 13 12:23 PM
My husband recently became interested in"those games you pay on the computer", so I decided to introduce him to "my" world. I started him on Soaring City, which was way over his head for now. Too much adventure! Then we tried Murder She Wrote, which was better.

But this game is perfect! He loves it! I think he's addicted now, and this sweet, fun game did it. It's perfect for all ages and abilities, even those people who have never played any form of casual game before. And even those who have been playing for years, like me. And it is addictive! I'm playing it again and now I remember how much fun it was when it first came out. Glad to know there are so many of you out there that agree.

posted in Timeless: The Lost Castle on Feb 9, 13 1:44 AM
A great SE for a change! I love the airship, the puzzles, the music, and the story. Great graphics. This is a very nice game and we finally have a chance to spend our game credits on something worth while. And I love steam punk and the airship definitely has that feel, Thanks to both the developers and BF!

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Feb 7, 13 12:34 PM
I know this review is long over due, but I recently re downloaded it to teach my husband what casual gaming is all about. I had tried a newer, harder game, but he was getting frustrated, and then I remembered this game!

What a perfect game for beginners or for any of us that just want to chill out on a rainy day and have some lovely, old fashioned fun. This game has just the right amount of story, HOS, music right out of the TV show, and down Maine characters to take us on a sweet nostalgia trip that is relaxing and goes well with a hot cup of tea and some home made cookies.

Please enjoy it on it's own level, which at certain times and with certain people is just perfect!

posted in Mystery P.I.: The London Caper on Feb 5, 13 2:43 PM
I used to love these games, but now I find the HOS to be boring. I feel as if I'm betraying an old friend, but I won't be buying any more of these games until they evolve a little. Just couldn't continue staring into the HO scene and getting tired doing the same thing over and over.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator