Posts created by temp_89120

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 14 10:49 AM
Hi guppies56,

I'm still awaiting the first response from CS...

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 14 10:01 AM
Perhaps today. As BFFirefly mentioned, CS may have more time available now. I hit the wall at the end of level 18. Fortunately I had just removed all my gift requests so none of my friends should have been affected by my disappearance.

Feb 12: got midnightcastle.exe has stopped working.
Mar 10: downloaded update. problem with my save.
Mar 11: problem with my save.
Mar 12: problem with my save.
Mar 13: problem with my save.
Mar 14: problem with my save. notified Customer Support.
Mar 15: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 16: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 17: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 18: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 18: updated Midnight Castle. problem with my save.
Mar 19: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 14 11:30 AM
Dr. Felix report went with the original email on the 14th.

These free to play game problems may be overtaxing CS resources.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 14 10:23 AM
Hi Guppies56,

It's pretty much of a waiting game. From my viewpoint there shouldn't be any reason to re-install anything after the update on March 10. But then, so far CS hasn't responded to any of my emails concerning [Incident: 140315-000193] that I opened on March 14.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 14 9:19 AM
Well, I hoping that I'd be alone and need to create the discussion for today. Surely Customer Service will get to us soon...

Mar 18: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 17, 14 11:15 AM
Still locked out too.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 14, 14 11:23 AM
I also am still locked out. Emailed Tech Support this morning.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 13, 14 11:41 PM
It's always a good idea to periodically thank the programmers. Their task is never as simply as it seems.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 13, 14 10:36 PM
I imagine that this has already been requested too. It would be nice in the Task window if when clicking the Gold that there is a confirmation step so that people like me who click this by accident have a chance to keep their gold. Thanks.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 13, 14 9:09 PM
I imagine that it's already been requested, but if not: In the Inbox window, in the right hand column for gifts - please include functionality to Pin entries. Thanks.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 13, 14 5:47 PM
Hi Moosetracker,

I was wondering if your DM ID# ever settled down or if it still changes?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 11, 14 11:25 PM
Same here. Got a 'no connection' at 11:16pm PST and haven't been able to get in since.

ETA: 11:26pm PST Got back in.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 10, 14 11:37 AM
I suspect that the owner of the manor "Really NO gifts PLEASE" had changed to that name from their original name to stop getting gifts. Manor names are easily changed. I think that the only unique thing to each game is the ID number (Options, Playing as DarkManor-#). I started playing in February and have a number in the low millions. I'd prefer to be able to use this number instead of the long names when I'm keeping track on a scratchpad of who I owe gifts to.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 10, 14 1:06 AM
ONLY INTENDED FOR THOSE IN A HURRY and there could be other ways that are better.

I started two weeks ago and am at level 31. (Retired and can spend 10-14 hours/day.)

With 139 neighbors that I visit, this seems to be the most efficient way to maximize acquisition of resources.

Go to neighbor screen.
Unpin everything.
Sort on Name.
Go to bottom of list and click on load more. Repeat this a couple of times.
Pin the very last neighbor. Notice that new unpinned neighbor loads into the same spot. Pin as fast as you can all the rest.
Go to the top.
Visit Chateau de Fantome accept the goodies, click on the JuJu hat, do the Blitz and return to the neighbor list. No time to look around.
This leave 11 neighbors on the screen (including the two partials at the bottom).
Repeat the process for each of the 11. I usually do the left column and then the right column.
I timed it once and it took around 8 minutes for me to visit 5 neighbors. So 11 takes me around 17 or 18 minutes.
When done, unpin the first neighbor in the right column. Notice that the next neighbor that you've visited is now in the same location on the screen. Continue to unpin the remaining ones of the original group of eleven (don't unpin neighbors where the picture of the house is still gold).
Go home to your own manor.

So eleven visits equals 11E. In the time to do this the system automatically (as long as your starting Energy was below 34) added 6E. You've made enough Energy to do a Hidden Objects scene and a spin. Do any collections necessary, reset ??? attractions, etc. and head back to the neighbor list to do the next eleven. When everyone is unpinned, build another complete list and check for stragglers or late invite acceptances.

It takes a long time to this with just 139 neighbors, but it does provide Xp to advance to higher levels where additional attractions, walkers, etc. become unlocked.

Two things that I have found invaluable. Using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out and learning to 'flick' through the neighbor list. The term flick is probably used more for touch screens. I just have a regular desktop PC but the same thing can be done with the mouse and perhaps is more of a 'fling'. When you're on the neighbor list screen, click on one of the entries and, continuing to hold the mouse button down, rapidly move the mouse (and cursor) up or down and release the button. I can get from the top to the bottom in one go.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 10, 14 12:24 AM
March 9

Start at 9:10am PST did collections, restarted ???s, used up E in HO screens. Came back at 11:04am, access violation read on screen, restarted PC.

03:11pm click on second neighbor for visit, access violation write, restarted PC.

06:37pm did neighbor blitz, clicked next, loading... and access violation write, restarted PC.

11:11pm visited neighbor, back to neighbor list, only the load more entry was there, nothing was active. Tried to bring up Task Manager. It showed on the bottom task bar but I couldn't access it. This was the strange part. The background now showed DM, but from the numbers across the top it was from over six hours ago. The Options window was on top and again nothing was active. Restarted PC.

11:26pm access violation write, restarted PC.

12:05am done for the day.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 8, 14 10:52 AM
level 29
PC none-touch

10:10am PST access violation write. visiting neighbors, after Next, during Loading...
10:17am PST access violation write. visiting neighbors, after Next, during Loading...

10:52am PST no further problems

ETA:
01:14pm PST clicked on 1.2 HO. Got a solid, light blue screen. Couldn't access Task Manager, DM Options window came up but was not active. Couldn't close DM. Forced to restart PC.
11:00pm PST blown to desktop while going to neighborhood blitz.

01:02am PST no other problems. End of my day.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 7, 14 7:39 PM
Just got thrown out after opening an HO scene. Went directly to desktop, game was gone and had to restart it.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 7, 14 2:22 PM
Yesterday I didn't get locked up waiting for Loading... to complete. Today, after playing for 15 minutes, when I clicked Next after my first neighbor Blitz the Loading... locked up again (access violation). Had to exit game and restart.

Achievements show that I have 111 neighbors. This agrees with what I could load yesterday. Today, no matter how many times I hit 'Press to load more', I can only get 101.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 7, 14 1:10 AM
NEIGHBOR LIST - VISITS AND GIFTING

I'm now just over 100 neighbors. Visiting neighbors and finding them to gift is a nightmare. Sorting on Name seems to work a little better than Last Visit. But either way, when returning from a neighbor visit I'm always placed at the top of list, which if it contained more than 50 unpinned entries now no longer does, and the list may have entries that weren't there before. It makes it a long and difficult process to visit everyone or to find a particular neighbor. As my neighbor count grows, this is only going to get worse.

I think that I read in the forum that the new entries that show up are people just coming online. I'm not sure why that matters. If it does, how about just adding a on/offline flag to each entry?

I can understand sorting by Last Visit as it may become necessary to locate neighbors who no longer play and need to be deleted. But the sorting on the Name baffles me. Everytime that I think I have figured it out, I'm wrong and I can't find people. It seems to me that the ID number should be the one unique thing to every player (or to their game if they're playing multiples). If it is, then this should be an ideal thing to be using. Add it to the neighbor entry and their manor heading. It's easier to write down a short number to keep track of, it sorts a whole lot better (only two groups: pinned and unpinned and finding a neighbor would be simpler.

If you only want to return 50 entries at a time that's fine, but keep track of which 50 I'm on, which entry I've last selected and add controls for 'Next 50', 'Prev 50', First Entry' and 'Last Entry'. Based on this, no matter where I am in list, I should be able to return from a visit to the same 50 entries and the first entry I should see on the screen should be the one that I'm returning from.

And I understand now why people want a search tool. When I only had 50 neighbors it was pretty manageable just looking through the list, but it isn't any longer. And it would be easier to enter a short ID number to search on than a much longer name which has numbers, upper and lower case and apparently additional embedded and possibly leading blanks.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 6, 14 10:45 PM
PC, none-touch
level 28

Working much better for me today. Normally have to stop the application due to Loading... freezes - 3 to 5 times a day (14 hours). Did not have any problems today. Sometimes it looked like the Loading... had frozen, but I waited just a little bit longer and it recovered and continued. Thank you.

After 'new day' (for me between 10:00pm and 11:00pm PST), I visit the neighbors and the Loading... is very slow. Today and yesterday I found that if I exit the game and restart it, that the Loading... progresses normally from then on.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator