Posts created by cnmoore

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on Jun 16, 11 5:14 PM
AvgSpock wrote:I got to the same place and couldn't figure it out, either. Got the same unhelpful hint, too. Since I could not find a way to install my own skip button. I found someone who was able to help me.

If you still can't figure it out then try this.

Spoiler highlight to read:

The arms do not move at all so the hint to the ribcage doesn't mean anything specific. It's probably the tail that needs to be moved. First move the leg out of the way. Adjust the tail and then retry the leg.

Hope that helps.

Thanks from me too! I was just about giving up.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 28, 11 7:45 PM
I had no trouble with the ship game, after only a few missteps I made it all the way through. After one or two tries you know how many ups and downs are going to be needed where, and when there will be time to blast the +.
++++++......up 3......down 4..... etc.

But I am at a loss in the one where you have to arrange the colors in descending order from bright to dim. I'm not going to be able to do that one. Not much good on those ones where you trade neighboring blocks, and the dim colors all look pretty much the same - hard to know which goes where. So I guess this is the end of the game for me, unless someone publishes the full sequence of moves.

I will be 81 in July....

posted in Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape on Dec 18, 10 9:52 AM
Great. I love the graphic style and the slingo games are fun. I'm a big fan of this whole series. This one is arguably not as good as the "Who's Gold" one. Maggie is less attractive looking, to me. But I still highly recommend this game.

posted in Deepica on Nov 17, 10 6:26 PM
balloongirl2 wrote:i like the game, but not the concept of living coral, why would i want to wipe it out. something whch is wiping out the coral, yes i would want to. my big problem is how do you release the power ups,. this type of game with a concept of wiping out, say, oil globules from a busted tanker or oil rig, which covers coral and animals i would be more keen. anyways as always happy gaming. oh a ps US FISHES NEED CORAL!

You're right. But those things aren't really coral, they look like bubbles to me (who ever heard of round coral?) And anyway no matter what the blurb says, there really isn't any story. I'm enjoying this nice not-too-stressful game. Nice change from the HOGS I am so tired of.

posted in Deepica on Nov 17, 10 6:23 PM
I think Deepica is much better than The Golden Path of Plumeboom. More appealing graphics, bubbles have faces.

posted in Deepica on Nov 17, 10 4:40 PM
This is a fun bubble popper. It gets harder as you go along. The different center things require a modest amount of strategic thinking. I got to level 4 in the demo. Didn't have the jerkiness that someone complained of and the physics seemed accurate..

I don't know The Golden Path of Plumeboom (same developer, 2007). About to try it and see which of these I might want to buy. Nice relief from the endless HOGs.

Edit: Deepica is much more appealing. The bubbles have faces and make a nice sound. I've bought it and am enjoying it a lot.

Reinstalled the trial three times - just comes up all black screen.

Windows 7 64-bit. Game put up an all black screen, captured the cursor, and required that I kill it with Task Manager.

My other recent games play without problems.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 11, 10 4:33 PM
I loved this game.

At 6.99 for 50 puzzles - actually I make it 45 by counting the ones on the map - it would be 35 cents per puzzle.

But I don't go by bulk, just by how much I like the game and I really liked this one. Since for me it's one of those "can't stop playing it" games, if it were any longer I'd still be playing it and real life would be terribly neglected.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 11, 10 10:56 AM
I always use Windowed mode and appreciate having that available.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 11, 10 9:19 AM
Thank you so much!

Brain glitch - I didn't realize it was metal. Magnet doesn't always latch on right away and I did try a few times, But you have to linger on a thing to get the magnet to attach.

Such a great game, I love it.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 10, 10 11:05 PM
I am 100% stuck. The hint only shows the first move (and repeats that after it recharges).

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 10, 10 9:01 PM
Can you help with the one named 'A Missing Gear' in the second circle?
I can move the lever, of course. I've tried moving the gear to jam the ratchet but that doesn't work..

Darned if I can see how it's possible to solve.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 10, 10 8:21 PM
Gothic1 wrote:Enjoyed playing the demo. Was going to buy it until just before the demo was completed, I was faced with a flashlight (darkness) screen puzzle. That did it for me. I like puzzles but not in the dark. HOGs with flashlight scenes are okay, puzzles uh uh

I didn't think I'd ever get through this one - the flashlight is so awkward and the darkness is claustrophobic - but I stuck with it and finally I made it!

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 10, 10 7:44 PM
Wonderful! Bought it as soon as the demo was over.

Not all that easy, I keep getting stuck. But I love it.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 10, 10 6:33 PM
Thanks! How could I not have thought of that!

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 10, 10 6:21 PM
The one I'm stuck on is called 'Beam Me Up'. It has lasers that open and shut the doors. I got over to where the lock is, but cannot figure out how to get to the key.

The Hint button doesn't seem to do anything, i.e. I get no hint when I click it.

posted in Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder on Nov 8, 10 8:53 PM
Yes, do not be discouraged.

posted in Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder on Nov 8, 10 8:51 PM
Actually, I was rather enjoying it. I like the heroine's appearance very much and the game seemed fine - UNTIL - I exited from it and when I tried to resume it the next day the scene was totally frozen.

Naturally I'm not going to buy it since it stalled on me - but I did think SoManyCrimes was a bit overly harsh. So many games are so much worse. Stil, thanks to SoManyCrimes for the long detailed critique.

posted in Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder on Nov 7, 10 6:05 PM
Pretty good! But I quit part way through the demo, and when I tried to continue, the screen had no cursor, no sparkles, no way to exit scene.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator