Posts created by Karen47

posted in Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines on Mar 2, 14 11:52 AM
I went back through the Strategy Guide and realized that at the end of the last HOA in the crypt room, I had failed to move the spider's web aside and get the spider. That is the only thing I can find and now I can't pick up the rope ladder to descend from the floor of the tram car. I've gone back into the crypt room but found no spider for the taking. Do you have any ideas? I'm over half way through the game and hate to start over for one little spider.
Thank you, Karen47

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 5, 14 6:35 PM
Bagelmaker wrote:Where did you find the basket?

posted in Howlville: The Dark Past on Aug 11, 12 11:06 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:
hannah57 wrote:When I made it through the fence and I was finished with the weird guy, it says I should hide in the house. Well I couldn't close that so I had to log out of the game. Everything else worked fine but not the screen where it says to hide in the house because I tried everything to get that darn thing to close.

I'm right at the end of the game and 'Rachel' is speaking (in box) and I can't get the box to close, which means I can't go anywhere. The hint button tells me to close it down but no luck. Clicking on close (bottom of box) does'nt work or on 'X', that does'nt work. I've tried coming out of the game, (which it lets me do, but when I go back in, there's the speech box again. I've shut down my computer and then gone back in but that does'nt work either. I've got everything I need to finish the game but I can't use them. Anyone else have the same problem?

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Aug 21, 11 7:30 PM
The purpose of the Magic Cards shows up, so don't worry about them.

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Aug 21, 11 7:24 PM
There is a "purpose" to the magic cards, but don't worry about them. Their use eventually becomes apparent.

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Aug 17, 11 8:01 PM
The cards used to wiggle when there was a magic one on the board. I have all but 6 magic cards, have not seen any lately,and am stuck on the 18th level. What I don't understand is what are the Magic Cards for? I started the game over to see if I had missed any information. I did uninstall and reinstall the game. During the first level of the new game there was some instruction. Obviously I didn't understand the Magic Card Instructions. It sounded like they could be used during the game, but I can't pick them up off of the rings.

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Aug 17, 11 7:27 PM
After being blinded by the flashing white screen for several weeks on the 18th level, I agree with you that it is a cruncher to the infinite power. I have tried earning up to 90 points so I could see 20% of the hidden letters. That failed to help much at all, so I sold it back. Now I am using the beginning booster and plan to get enough money saved to boost my multiple power to 7%. I have come close to winning this round, but if the last rounds are as frustrating as this one, I may go back to using my computer for email only.

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 27, 11 6:21 AM
dreamsavant wrote:use the plant sprayer on the vines covering the statue in the center...knife to cut out the gem from the statue.

Thank you so much for the answer to my problem, dreamsavant, but I have tried to do that many times and that gem must have been super glued in place. I knew when I played the **** game right before I returned to the gem that that was what I was suppposed to do, but so far it won't budge. Do I need to do anything with the buttons below the stone? I can't get them to move either.

Thank you for your answer. You are the first person to answer any inquiry I have ever sent. I try to help others when I can remember what I did at their frustrating locations.
Karen

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 25, 11 7:25 PM
I'm stuck at the same place, but I have already sprayed the ivy and now I have a knife and an urn and I am unable to do anything with either item or leave the scene. Please help me! Thank you, Karen

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 25, 11 6:52 PM
morenana wrote:Im stuck at the same place sparyer and urn gate locked cant go anywhere either.

Semi-spoiler- I am stuck on the same place with a knife and an urn..

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 25, 11 6:10 PM
LttlHefer wrote:I'm stuck at the dragon statue in Granpa's secret garden. Hav e knife & urn in inventory. Neither work to get the purple jewel. Can't back out, can't make progress. Now what? Thankx

I'm stuck there, too. Please help us out! Thankx!!!

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 25, 11 6:08 PM
LttlHefer wrote:I'm stuck at the dragon statue in Granpa's secret garden. Hav e knife & urn in inventory. Neither work to get the purple jewel. Can't back out, can't make progress. Now what? Thankx

Heck, I can't even do this messaging correctly. I think my brain went with my body.
Have fun on BFG

I was surprised! She was a good little actress and they were terrible parents in every way. But it is all a game with snakes and people climbing ropes and performing death defying feats while I lie in bed and nurse my bad back from doing too much needlework and not enough tennis. These games are fun, but for goodness sakes keep moving your body so you can stay healthy.
Karen

cwy2009 wrote:Was anyone surprised she was actually part of the plan? Weren't they taking a big risk by letting a kid in on it? Remember the balloon boy? Kids just can't keep secrets.

Karen47 wrote:
tblamo wrote:I've been a HOG fan for a long time, loved the MCF games (especially Ravenheast, RTR and Dire Grove) and I've never posted before to say how much I liked them. I wish I had, because I have to say I agree with many others - I was pretty disappointed in this game. I was willing to overlook the swamp setting and the live actors and the overly long dialogues but the objectives and handholding took most of the fun out of the game for me to the point where I wasn't interested in solving the puzzles or even trying hard to find all of the insignias. I was glued to my computer for the other games but almost had to force myself to finish this one. MCF are still my favorite games but I can't list this as one of my favorites. However, thanks to MCF and BFG for the hours of entertainment you've provided, and even though this wasn't, in my opinion, one of your best I'm still grateful for each of your games.

tblamo wrote:I've been a HOG fan for a long time, loved the MCF games (especially Ravenheast, RTR and Dire Grove) and I've never posted before to say how much I liked them. I wish I had, because I have to say I agree with many others - I was pretty disappointed in this game. I was willing to overlook the swamp setting and the live actors and the overly long dialogues but the objectives and handholding took most of the fun out of the game for me to the point where I wasn't interested in solving the puzzles or even trying hard to find all of the insignias. I was glued to my computer for the other games but almost had to force myself to finish this one. MCF are still my favorite games but I can't list this as one of my favorites. However, thanks to MCF and BFG for the hours of entertainment you've provided, and even though this wasn't, in my opinion, one of your best I'm still grateful for each of your games.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Nov 19, 10 3:36 AM
I hope you did stick it out and get on with the game. I'm stubborn about working all of the puzzles, too. I have never seen so many puzzles in a game. I was a math teacher and finally quit looking at the numbers and it went pretty quickly after that. It was amazing how many times I thought I was dead on the mark and it wouldn't balance. But, after I had a little time to think about it, I think I've been retired a little too long.
Enjoy the rest.
Karen

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Nov 19, 10 3:35 AM
I hope you did stick it out and get on with the game. I'm stubborn about working all of the puzzles, too. I have never seen so many puzzles in a game. I was a math teacher and finally quit looking at the numbers and it went pretty quickly after that. It was amazing how many times I thought I was dead on the mark and it wouldn't balance. But, after I had a little time to think about it, I think I've been retired a little too long.
Enjoy the rest.
Karen

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 16, 10 1:02 PM
I think I might have figured out what I was doing. As I worked the fish up and out and the game just stopped, the screen would show that I had my cursor down in the Inventory section. I don't know why it was there, but it was. Once I realized what might be the problem, it took me a couple of tries to get them all out. I had to focus on keeping my cursor close to the dock. I going through it all again, so I'll find out if that is the answer. Hope this helps you both.
Thanks for the support,
Karen

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator