Posts created by temp_89120

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 5, 14 2:54 AM
Display ID Numbers

When loading more neighbor entries and visiting these addition manors, I often see three rows of dashes at the top of the screen. Since there is a middle line available, how about displaying the ID number there? Let participants get used to seeing it. It's a lot easier to keep track of who gave you a gift using a short number than it is using a much, much longer set of upper and lower case letters and number - and which can be changed by owner at any time.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 5, 14 2:24 AM
HO Screen Names, Chapter and Game Number

It would be nice if the double ended thermometer/timer at the top of the HO screens was cut in half so that the HO name, chapter and game number could be displayed. For example 'Two Souls To The Bayou, Chapter 6.2' and then the timer.

As it is now, I generally identify the HO by some predominant feature that has nothing to do with the actual name or chapter and game number. In the above case it would be 'Bayou'. While this works for me it doesn't work as well for postings or for communicating with Tech Supt.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 3, 14 8:10 PM
It would be really nice if there were an option that allowed the owner of the property to see a single static image showing all of their land. Would make tracking progress and deciding on future land acquisitions a bit easier.

I guess what I'm asking for is a single complete overhead aerial view of everything and not a movable oblique. Dark boundary lines around 8x8 land. Light grid lines only needed inside purchased land. Items would not have to be shown, but it would be nice is the area that they overlay were shaded. Would make finding empty 1x1 areas much simpler.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 2, 14 4:22 PM
lvl 22
started around Feb 1 with 1 or 2 HO games a day
last week - 12 to 14 hour days on game (now have 5 ??? to feed)

Desires:

Show ID on all lists
Be able to sort on ID
Have last sort order remembered on restart of game
Be able to send neighbor invite to manually keyed in ID
More avatars (I'm not on Facebook) - maybe use the Walkers
Instead of a double click, a Move control (maybe M) in the bottom right by the screen size controls
The Walker that looks like swamp thing - needs rollerblades when move towards you and a skateboard when moving away
When visiting neighbors and have returned to name list, have forward button to go to next neighbor on list

It's nice to see how neighbors have constructed their grounds, but once that's worn off it more of a race to Visit Friends!, Juju Hat, Blitz Mode, Blitz and the HO game. Time consuming and the loads for each neighborhood take time since they are the backdrop. Would it help if Visits Friends!, Juju Hat, Blitz Mode and Blitz could be combined into one or two screens that loads before the manor? Fewer clicks and shorter time for me - more time for you to build the graphics for the HO game and/or manor.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 12, 14 4:07 PM
ID 49056
Level 18
13045/13680

Problems that I've observed:
Not all mouse clicks are registered in HOS and flower gathering.
Some flower clicks registering after the flower has disappeared.
When reaching five flowers, 10g does not always add to the gold total.
Clicks on some HOS items resulted in other nearby items being selected instead.
Clock in HOS speeding up temporarily.
Gold icon not getting all the way to the top right of the screen and blocking the view.
Inventory items not getting all the way to the bottom right of the screen and blocking the view.
Inventory items sitting on the inventory area but not disappearing.
Entering a HOS where there are no items and no controls - forced to terminate game in order to exit.

Only in level 18 during the last set of tasks for the Troll - several tasks required something and sent me to the Laboratory. Some items are missing and I Find them and acquire them. When I go to Craft, however, the items no longer show. But the Troll icon shows Progress and I'm given the award for the item that I didn't Craft.

Completed last doable task on February 11, 2014 in the early evening and was directed by the Raven to"Find the Keeper and talk to him to get the chained ball." Did not click on "go to". Added the second feather to the Rainbow of Blossom - apparently a sun, moon and three outer items left to do. Score now 13045. Eventually wound up at the Werewolf and noticed a purple, I think, haze around the guy next to the Werewolf and some sounds. Forgot that this was the Keeper and click on him. Got 'No Tasks The Keeper of the castle will talk to you after the update. Patience is a virtue.' Continued play until shortly after midnight.

Got back in today (February 12, 2014 11:00am) and did all the HOS and clicked on flowers (done by 11:20am) - no problems. Tried to go back in at 1:30pm and got a Windows message that "MidnightCastle.exe has stopped working." Clicked on Midnight Castle icon on the task bar and got "Game assets is corrupted. Please reinstall the game to fix the problem."

There's nothing for me to 'fix', but if there's ever an update please notify me.

Overall I thought the graphics were excellent and the animation very good - game controls leave a bit to be desired though.

I should add that I started play on January 28, 2014 and accepted all updates to the game.

PC, Windows 8.0, graphics card, I7-3770 cpu, 8 MB ram

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 12, 14 2:31 PM
February 12, 2014 1:30pm

"MidnightCastle.exe has stopped working." and "Game assets is corrupted. Please reinstall the game to fix the problem."

ID 49056
Level 18
13045/13680

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 5, 14 7:53 PM
Currently level 17

Friends' Wishlists blocks need to include the ID number as some "Player"s do not choose names. This also applies to the information provided when clicking the received Gift.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 5, 14 3:55 PM
Currently level 17

It would be interesting if, when the characters receive crafted items and visibly change in appearance, that their animation also is slightly changed.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 14 11:59 AM
Currently level 17.

Starting around level 16, as the crafting of items becomes more labor intensive, it would be nice if the craft gifts were of increasing quality and usefulness.

Now have the Playful Phoenix. It would be nice if it didn't sleep so much and if it brought back useful items.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 30, 14 10:28 PM
Current level 15.

Difficult to see why the Ice Monster needs 2 Crowns when he can only wear one.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 30, 14 7:01 PM
Level 14 currently.

It would be nice if the Friend Wishlists blocks would include counters for each friend shown that show how many items I've given to that friend and how many items I've received from that friend.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator