Posts created by cathouse2

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 18 11:31 AM
Yes, I think there are two issues: the boiler room and the third trophy that doesn't go into inventory after picking it up from the park bench.

But they don't affect everyone: I was able to complete the boiler room with no trouble but am at a standstill without that third trophy.

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 18 11:29 AM
rsv7 wrote:
cathouse2 wrote:I was able to get through the boiler room successfully but, like karen2451, in the garden I took the trophy from the bench but it didn't go into my inventory so now I am stuck, so close to finishing.

Are you saying we have two major bugs that prevent us to finish the game? I'm stuck with the boiler room bug (Mac version) like many people on this forum and really don't want to play again from the start. Where's the patch?

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 25, 18 10:49 AM
I was able to get through the boiler room successfully but, like karen2451, in the garden I took the trophy from the bench but it didn't go into my inventory so now I am stuck, so close to finishing.

This game does have morphing objects and moons. The Collectables section of the Strategy Guide will help you find them.

posted in Enchanted Kingdom: A Dark Seed Collector's Edition on Apr 6, 17 11:39 AM
The demo ended while I was playing the picture puzzle in the Queen's room. I purchased and installed the game but when I go back to the puzzle, it no longer has the missing tile and I am unable to find it anywhere. If there is no fix for this, I will have to restart the game and, as much as I am enjoying it, that is unacceptable. Please tell me if there is a work-around.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 17 10:49 AM
The last scene I saw was the dwarf hanging from the windowsill and complaining that he lost again. Then the screen went black. After a few clicks the credits started but they seemed to be overlaid on other graphics. Has anyone else encountered this?

And no Bonus game? Unusual for a quality Collectors' Edition.

I believe that you can chose a Bubble Popper instead of a Hidden Object Scene which means you would have to go back to a HOS. There is a button on the left of the object list to let you switch.

Like 0161, despite turning off all audio in Options, whenever I interact with a character, music/background sounds play (but, strangely, no voices). I won't continue until this issue is resolved and certainly won't buy it until then.

I am on a PC with Windows 7.

posted in Final Cut: Homage Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 14 10:33 AM
Hi Orphaned,

Thank you for the welcome and also for the suggestion. It worked! I can now get on with the game (and my life).

Thanks again.

posted in Final Cut: Homage Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 14 5:58 AM
I cannot set the clock to 5:20 as required. The small hand does not move independantly of the large one so the closest I can get is about 5:22. It is not treated as a mini-game so there is no "skip" option.

I cannot procede in the game until this is completed.

Suggestions please or is this another bug?

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart on Mar 12, 12 9:56 AM
I had the same problem until I got the moon symbol from the telescope and used it to open the door off the dining room. Insert the data disc into the computer and a "code" will be displayed. Return to the clock and the puzzle should be active.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Oct 11, 10 11:40 AM
Speaking of details (and lack thereof), the URL for the PhysX driver from NVidia is:

[removed by moderator]

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Oct 11, 10 6:35 AM
I got the "fatal error" too, twice, since I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have an NVidia graphics card but I think the problem is not hardware related. I went to the FAQs at NVidia where I found a solution that fixed my problem:

"This is not a PhysX issue. Many installers from several other software vendors are experiencing the same problem with Vista.

In the mean time you can download the driver to your desktop, and create a shortcut to it by right clicking on the file and selecting "create shortcut". Then right click on the shortcut, then properties. At the end of the target line add the line "/quiet". This will put the installer in silent mode and will ignore any errors the OS is returning. Please ensure that the command line "/quiet" is at the very end of the target line."

There should be an additional instruction at the end: double click on the shortcut to install PhysX (details!). And my PC did run on and on after I did that, without saying the installation was complete. I suggest waiting a decent amount of time then reboot and try the game.

posted in Jessica - Mysterious Journey on Jul 27, 10 4:00 PM
How the He** could BF allow such a sexist game. Admitedly I have not gone beyond the intro but .... And I am a very open-minded person. I am so very disappointed.

posted in Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny on May 15, 10 3:12 AM
Inventory items are only saved when you have found all the items on your list for the area.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator