Posts created by gailweis

posted in Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition on Oct 30, 17 12:57 PM
I'm having problems using the hammer in the bonus game (on the wall in the first room). Any suggestions?

I got stuck on the first Hidden Objects scene. Deleting game! Shame on you, Big Fish!

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 2, 15 9:08 AM
Same problem - no wire!

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 2, 15 9:06 AM
I am having the same problem - don't know where to get the wire. I really don't want to start the game over! Very, very frustrating.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Clock of Fate Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 15 5:33 AM
Thanks, Valdy. That works!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Clock of Fate Collector's Edition on Sep 29, 15 1:16 PM
Thank you! When I go into Extras, it tells me the bonus game is locked, even though I finished the main game. I hope I don't have to play the main game again!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Clock of Fate Collector's Edition on Sep 29, 15 12:52 PM
Can anyone tell me how to access the bonus game? Thanks!

Wow, some pretty snarky comments on this thread! Not what I usually see from most commenters. I agree 100% with Nancy Susan. I read these comments to get an idea of what other gamers think about THE GAME, not what they think about other people's comments!

I don't see any ? or ! in any of the locations!

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Mayan Prophecies: Cursed Island Collector's Edition on Oct 5, 13 2:43 PM
angelfish106 wrote:
agbosche wrote:I sharpened the machete and cut open the raft for supplies. Then the machete disappeared. Where did it go? I need it to cut my way into the jungle...........

I think it was a sabre but anyway you don't have to cut the vines; just show the artifact to them and they will disappear

BFG: Why is this on the Reviews page? It should have been removed by the Moderator!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 12 12:34 PM
Zazee wrote:There's a paper clip in Emily's diary, use it to open the suitcase and you'll find the last picture.

Right. Keep turning the pages - the red paper clip is on a page on the right side.

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Dec 4, 12 3:00 PM
gingergal wrote:PM sent yesterday.

Can you send me a PM too? I'm stuck - the hint keeps referencing the security camera, but nothing happens when I click on it!

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Nov 17, 12 2:05 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 12 12:49 PM
Kamali wrote:Well, I have tried the game and love it. It's meets the usual high standard that I expect from ERS games. I particularly love (with all ERS games) the awesome graphics. Someone said somewhere that ERS can even make something icky (like a zombie) look awesome, and I agree 100%. And the game runs perfectly, as is normal for ERS.

Valdy wrote:I will also be buying this game, but am now careful and not buy the CE right away, but rather wait and see if we will be getting a nice sale again, like yesterday.

There is a sale today for ERS games which should mean another big plus from me for this game, but the sale doesn't apply to this game because it is being offered as a bundle with the other Haunted Legends. But I already have all of the others, which means I either have to pay full game club price, use two credits, or wait for a different sale. So that's a negative - but for BFG, not for the game itself.

Valdy wrote:if I can't state something without having to justify my posts, then I may as well not bother anymore and keep my opinions to myself.

Valdy, the way you lay lay out your reviews - listing each item and answering every question I have before I can ask it - is great. Yours are the reviews I look for first every day, so please do NOT keep your opinions to yourself - they are valued by a great many fishies on this site.

I agree! Valdy - don't stop reviewing. And you don't need to justify your posts!

Gail

posted in Journey: The Heart of Gaia on Nov 9, 12 3:01 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
gailweis wrote:Perhaps someone can help me out here. In reading the reviews, the commenters stated there were no hidden object scenes, only puzzles. But it is advertised as a "Hidden Object Game" as follows: Hidden Object Game - After being kidnapped, Liz must free the Underworld from the tyranny of Scartaris Umbra..

??????

Thanks!
Gail

I can't speak for everyone but when I think of a hidden object game, it usually includes separate scenes where all you do is find items on a list provided, sometimes with interactive parts. Finding needed objects along the way on your quest is also considered hidden object, which this is, but it's really more of a puzzle game. I think most of these games can be considered a mix of hidden object/puzzle/adventure.

Thanks!

posted in Journey: The Heart of Gaia on Nov 8, 12 10:42 AM
Perhaps someone can help me out here. In reading the reviews, the commenters stated there were no hidden object scenes, only puzzles. But it is advertised as a "Hidden Object Game" as follows: Hidden Object Game - After being kidnapped, Liz must free the Underworld from the tyranny of Scartaris Umbra..

??????

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Hidden Mysteries®: Gates of Graceland® on Oct 14, 12 1:46 PM
hannah57 wrote:I love Elvis's music but I'm sorry but I found this game boring. It's full of HOs which I'm not crazy about. I can't put my finger on why I found it boring except for it just wasn't that interesting to play. No buy here. Plus the demo was really short. I had 22 minutes left and the game ended.

If you're not crazy about HOs, perhaps you need to play something other than a Hidden Object game? Yes, the demo was short. Any idea of the length of the game anyone?

Gail

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 12 1:13 PM
1Champagne4me wrote:Glad to hear there are ALOT of HOS in this HOG..... That's why I play HIdden Object Games and they are one of my favorites..

Played the demo. I like it! I really like it. Bring on more HOGs with HOS.

For the peeps who give negative reviews because there are "too many hidden object scenes, so I guess it's a no buy for me, sigh"......maybe this game genre is not really the one for you. I don't understand how too many HOS is a negative thing when reviewing HOGs, .This is a big site with alot of different games....maybe the peeps who don't like HOS might enjoy another game genre. I'm not calling out any particular person for my example, but I read reviews everyday and there's always more than 1 that gives the HOG a negative review just because there are too many HOGS. Am I missing something here?
P.S. I am not singling out anyone in particular, just making a general comment, so no hate mail please. I happen to like HOGS, that's why I joined BFG.

Agree 100%. If you don't like HOGs, why buy a HOG game?

Gail

posted in Dreams from the Past on Sep 27, 12 4:18 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Sep 26, 12 2:17 PM
essgee52 wrote:While playing the game, I Alt-Tabbed to go back to the desktop for a moment, and when I came back to the game there was a small rectangle in the middle of the screen that covered everything behind it. I exited the game, and the rectangle stayed on my screen for several minutes before disappearing. This was a new one on me!

Same thing for me - but it's not disappearing. I need to reboot my computer in order for it to disappear. I am very far advanced in the game and would hate to have to unstall and then reinstall. Any suggestions, BFG?

Thanks!
Gail

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator