Posts created by judy76073

to the BFG moderators,
yes, it is a huge disappointment that this forum will be shutting down in a few days. It has been a great help to those of us who have needed assistance. I do find it difficult to believe that there is no way for BFG to upgrade this part of their site, however, I am not a computer expert so I have no idea what is involved.

When I think of the number of years I have been a member, there's been very few times when I (personally) have had any problems with games playing properly. It must be a very large and daunting task to maintain a site where there's so many different computer systems out there - throughout the world. I will maintain my membership and hope that as time passes, i will still be able to d/l new games.

I, for one, I guess, have been lucky in that with every computer & operating system I've had over the years since I've been a member of BFG, I have not run into any major clashes with playing games I have downloaded from here. I certainly hope that BFG continues to bring us new games all the time - my favorite is HOPA games - and I always look forward to Thursdays and Saturdays for the new CE HOPA games (and sometimes Tuesdays !). There are no other sites out there, that I have found, that offer what BFG does.

Thanks again for all the help you folks have provided. Onwards & upwards as the saying goes. Perhaps in the future we will all meet again.

I quite enjoyed this game - actually, played it most of the afternoon today and am only just into the bonus game. It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

posted in Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter 3 on Apr 18, 18 9:37 PM
I also have not posted that often, but I have found this forum very helpful - not so much in deciding whether to buy a game, but I do love to read the comments and opinions of so many people around the world. I make my own decision on whether I will buy a game or not.

I find it very hard to believe that in this computer savvy world we live in today that the "powers that be" who are running BFG cannot find the wherewithal to be able to upgrade the software for this forum site or get new software to set up something a bit different. something seems to be decidedly "fishy" about this.

I don't understand this as the game forum seems to be working very well. I know there's a lot of people out there who complain about the spam. Well - doesn't bother me, actually. We all get spam & stupid stuff - and we all deal with it.

In any event, I guess the inevitable is going to happen and there will be no opportunity for us fishies to see valuable comments/advice/opinions, etc. by both members & moderators. It's been great and yes, I for one, will miss this.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 10:02 PM
katejoe999 wrote:
cottoncandy2 wrote:With the forum being plagued with spam I can't blame them for closing it. It's a huge job keeping it clean for the members.

I can live with the spam... you just ignore it. Or laugh at it :-)

I do the same - ignore and/or laugh. no big deal. no skin off my nose if some idiots want to post spam. that happens everywhere on all kinds of sites. I don't waste my time "reporting" these. some game forums have lots - others have minimal. I can't be bothered to waste my time getting tied in knots over these.

Get over it. and move on - so what if there are 2 pages or more of "spam". go to the last page of the topic you want to see "review" or "tech problems".

STILL - this is NOT a reason to close down the game forum area. C'mon you guys at BFG - get with the program. DON'T shut down a VALUABLE TOOL FOR YOUR MEMBERS !! otherwise you will find yourselves with NO members !

BFG - you are an awesome site and pretty much the ONLY site that I can access for new and good/great games. Please do NOT destroy/shut down one of the most valuable tools your site has.

And ending on this note - no amount of pleading or comments are going to make BFG change their minds. They have already decided to do this. So, this is going to be the end of the opportunities for us members to communicate with each other and help each other out.

I have been a loyal member of BFG for many years - hmmm - I have purchased games going back to 2008 (10 years).

Eliminating the Game Forum site will have a very big impact.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 8:56 PM
I've read all the posts and posted myself, earlier today. It is clear that no amount of protest or posting is going to make the "Biggies" change their minds.

I certainly do not understand what the issue is - surely it can't be that difficult for BFG to upgrade the game forum software. With all the technology out there, it should be a "piece of cake" for a company the size of BFG to put in some upgrades.

NOPE, don't believe this for "a New York Minute". Almost guaranteed BFG will be completely off the web within the year and we won't even be able to get any of our earlier games that we've purchased.

Very sad. I have so much appreciated the time and effort that some people have put in to posting their comments and help and of course, to those of you who have taken the time to give us good insight on the games & previous games in a series. I particularly remember 1 member taking the time to PM me fairly recently because of a difficulty I had with 1 game. This person took the time to walk me through the problem I had and after re-doing this game from the start, I was able to get through it. and complete the game.

Everyone who has posted comments and opinions about the different games has been much appreciated (I am sure) by all of us. We all have our likes and dislikes of various games - I read them all - and have really appreciated them all.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 1:13 PM
I completely agree with pretty much all of the comments. I don't post a lot, but I do go to the game forum every day (several times a day actually). It is a much needed resource for those of us who have problems with games and for those of us who want to add our opinions about how we liked or disliked a certain game.

And yes - I agree, there have been many changes since BFG was bought out - and many of those changes were NOT good. BFG is the largest game site that I have ever been on - or can even find out there in "cyberland". Nobody out there carries the numbers of games and the varieties of games that come out.

I find it very hard to believe - with the technology available now - that BFG cannot find a way to upgrade their forum system and ensure this Game Forums part of their site can stay active. Frankly, it does not make any sense. From the sounds of it, BFG has already made the decision and NO amount of comments from BFG members is going to make a difference.

I will start making a list of the developers of the games and will maybe have to purchase games directly from them. I think this could be a potential hardship on the developers out there who use BFG as perhaps their main source of getting their games out there for people to play and buy.

It's too bad, but basically, I think it's a done deal and no amount of comments from us are going to make a difference.

posted in Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 18 9:59 PM
definitely NOT the greatest game but bought it anyway as I'm getting tired of replaying my games over and over (and over again). I have pretty much replayed all my games from 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 - some 2 or 3 times.

will have to start digging a bit deeper and replaying some more older ones than these.

posted in Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends on Apr 9, 18 10:14 PM
so, what an awful slow download of this game today. NO FAULT of BFG or Developer, but was my internet connection. I kept tabs on the download - somewhere between 7 to 8 hours (usually only takes about 10 to 15 minutes for a 1 GB game to download), and then still did not finish as my BFG Game Manager quit responding. I did a complete re-boot and restart of everything - computer, router, and power to my internet. I pulled every plug in my house that is connected to my computer !

Haven't had that problem for quite a while - I could tell shortly into the download that I had a problem, but decided to let the game d/l anyway - mostly out of curiosity just to see how long it would take. YIKES - it was worse than dial-up !! I know it was my connection that went "belly-up" for a few hours this evening.

I just thought I would post this for anyone else who may have a slow d/l - could be your connection and not the game or the site. I do know that it was my internet connection that caused this problem.

posted in The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition on Apr 7, 18 12:04 PM
Old_Man_River wrote: Something is wrong here. The Anderson Accounts is listed CE, but the game splash says buy and receive one punch. In addition if you try to purchase the game, the price cones up as$6.99 U.S. When you click on purchase, you get a message that code is not valid. B.F. itself is using the code FEVER which is today's code for an SE. If I manually enter the code FEVER I get the same message. Evidently some one screwed up. I would be willing to buy it at 3.99 or even use a coupon, but not at 13.99 when advertised at 6.99
What is the Problem?

It came up like that for me as well. (1st time that's ever happened !) I tried a couple of times and 2nd time, even tho the message came up that "code was not valid", I waited a few seconds and the normal purchase screen came up, I typed in the code for CE games "Spring" and the discount was applied. had no problem after that.

Well, this was not a bad game and I enjoyed it while playing - but VERY SHORT. That is the 1st disappointment. The 2nd disappointment is that I missed a couple of the morphing objects and NO opportunity to go back and find them !! I really hate when the developers don't include this opportunity in their Extras section.

posted in Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition on Apr 1, 18 2:27 PM
I have been enjoying this game - I'm now just into the bonus game. My only 2 annoyances, however, is that the cursor keeps getting "grayed-out" during most of the dialogue. some you could click to advance, many times you had to wait until the dialogue was over (and I can read faster than the characters who are talking !!). The other is that I really hate when the screen "jumps" around (to denote motion/ movement, etc, etc) - many games do that and it's just a pet peeve with me. I get annoyed at both of these things.

Other than that, not a bad game and would be nice if this developer has perhaps started a new series of game.

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 10:51 PM
Penny1942 wrote:Super fun game. For once the 3rd installment of the sequel does not disappoint. Story line takes up where 2nd left off. Same great graphics, full customization so everyone can play however they like it. The same great jump map. Really good replay value.

Completely agree with you. I have quite enjoyed this game - not finished yet - (sigh) got too wrapped up in watching the Men's World Curling games which started today, but will carry on tomorrow. I play to enjoy and I love this game.

Happy Easter!

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 11:51 AM
Have to agree with some of the comments - LOVE this game - great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I've replayed the other Darkness & Flame games several times and this is definitely another one for re-play. AWESOME !

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 29, 18 9:25 PM
I finally finished this game. I ended up enjoying it. But, as another commenter mentioned, the phoenixes were super hard to find. I did have to use the guide several times to locate them and even then, I missed 1 - BUT at the end of the bonus chapter, you can go back and find the ones missed. And I liked the added hidden object part at the end.

Yes, I would probably replay in a few months time.

Hope everyone has a very happy Easter !!

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 18 10:58 PM
MissAbby wrote:Good Luck Judy! I'm glad you got it worked out. My Dell is getting about 9 years old, still works good, but I dread the day I have to replace it! The older I get the less I know (or remember) how to set stuff up!

We used to have some members here that were very good at answering tech stuff, but I don't remember their names!

Maybe someone has some suggestions for who to get ahold of here.

I'm with you on that (retired now, I've been out of the workforce just over 10 yrs) - gets harder & harder to keep up with all the tech changes happening, but I have a couple young fellows who work with a well known & very reliable computer company in the small city I live in who do all the set-ups for me & never charge me for house calls !!. I have been successful & so far, about half way thru playing Darkheart game & no problems & enjoying it. It's always a learning curve with new computers as things change so quickly in the world of technology. All I can say is that I am glad I was able to get back onto the BFG site

Have a happy Easter !

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 18 9:47 PM
This may not be the most appropriate place - but I just got a new computer this afternoon- an HP Pavilion 23" all in one (to replace my Acer 23" all in one). Earlier today I purchased and downloaded Darkheart Flight of the Harpies CE game onto my laptop. I got my new computer - tried for ages to bring up the BFG game site & sign in from my new computer. YOY - would not let me sign in. Kept telling me that my computer was not allowing cookies !! therefore, would not let me sign in. WOW - i FREAKED OUT thinking that I could not get back onto BFG Site !

Don't really know what I did now, but (obviously) I was able to get onto BFG site, sign in and (WHEW!) am now d/l the DarkHeart Game onto my new computer.

I would be devastated if I could not get onto BFG site for whatever silly reason that I may have done wrong. My new computer was supposed to have been set up (cloned) to what the other one was) - but there's been changes - I will have to get used to the changes, I guess.

All I know is I am breathing a sigh of relief that I am now d/l the DarkHeart game and keeping my fingers x'd that it will play quite good. wish me luck, folks

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 18 1:42 PM
I have not played for very long - maybe only about 30 minutes. seems like a nice game. no problems with it so far. Since I don't have any other CE HOPA games, the sale today is not of any help to me, so I will wait until Saturday's CE HOPA game release and if there is a good sale then, I will consider purchasing this one.

Cheers !

frankly, for what it's worth - (if you folks don't mind) - I have found over the past year or more, the CE games coming out seem to have less and less "extras" in them.

I have been buying less and less games (pretty much all I buy are the CE HOPA games) - we are down to 2 a week (sometimes 3 if one comes out on a Tuesday). Sometimes I will buy just to have a new game to play, even though it does not compare to some of the older games.

The CE HOPA games from about mid 2014 thru 2016 - 99% (in my opinion) were awesome games - I have replayed pretty much all of these 2, 3 or 4 times over - because the newer ones just have not "cut the mustard".

I am not a "hard-core" player of these games (I play to relax and enjoy & always play easy) - but I love to search the different scenes for all kinds of collectibles, whatever they may be - morphing or not (but absolutely LOVE morphing items !).

Don't know if pressure is being put on developers to keep pumping out games as fast as they can and are then just pushing out cookie-cutter games as fast as they can (carrying on a series to the point of "enough already" for a particular series) to the detriment of the quality of the older games.

So many of the games are now flashing lights, and way too many gimmicks that are used now. I will be digging even deeper into my older games to replay.

would really like to see some new series happening - murder mysteries type - rather than always aliens, creatures and ghosts.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 10:00 PM
Audreyfavre wrote:I am so sorry to post this review because I LOVE Mad Head games. I guess i should say I did love them. They still have interesting hidden object scenes and I love their mini-games, but the incessant locked doors, cabinets, portals, music boxes, etc. that require a specific shaped object to open is just exhausting to me! I played the hour of the demo and then uninstalled.

Audrey

Most of the games are the same, basically, be they HOPA, match 3, TM, or other - different scenes, but same things to do, search for and/or place. I do quite enjoy the HOPA games (as I said, even though they are all pretty much the same) - I play for relaxation and basically, don't want to have to think too hard because then it's not an enjoyable game for me. 99% of the games I like (a few I have found very tedious to get through & will play to the end because I've paid for them), but for the most part, the HOPA games relax me - when I want to think a bit harder, I play my on-line crossword puzzles. My crossword & other word puzzles are the 1st thing I do in the early morning, while enjoying the peace & quiet and my coffee

I guess it's all what a person enjoys doing.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 6:02 PM
I finished the game. It was not bad. Had no glitches or problems (win. 8.1). the 2 collectibles were relatively easy to find, as were the morphing objects in the hidden object scenes. the scenes were mostly bright and quite clear.

It was an enjoyable game for me to while away a Saturday afternoon.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator