Posts created by carolemoore1961

posted in Entwined: Strings of Deception on Mar 16, 12 5:01 PM
I love HOG's and 99% of what I buy are those...but played this one for 25 minutes and couldn't get into it. When I got to the slide puzzle one of the bars wouldn't move but all the others would. When this happened I decided to skip puzzle and get out of the game. A no buy for me...and wouldn't you know it, a SE game for a change.

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse on Feb 18, 12 8:13 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Don't like long reviews skip them...you like them, like I do, read them...simple...

I liked this game also and unlike some people I love the HOG games. I'd say 95% of the games I buy are these. Don't buy too many CE versions because can't afford them but if I read a review where the CE is really worth it and there is a sale I'll buy one. A sale this weekend on SE so think I'll buy this one

posted in Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams on Feb 5, 12 7:11 AM
I played for 12 minutes and knew it wasn't for me. I was thinking of Deadtime Stories when I downloaded it thinking it was a sequel...wrong again! No buy for me..and should've known since it wasn't a CE that it wouldn't be anything I'd want to buy. GO GIANTS!

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets on Jan 28, 12 10:00 AM
I got the constellation and matched it but it's not doing anything! What am I doing wrong?

posted in Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek on Jan 15, 12 10:36 AM
I finished the demo with 18 minutes to spare which is VERY UNUSUAL for me and I didn't skip any of the puzzles. Read where it might be a short game but with the sale this weekend I think I'll buy.

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade on Dec 28, 11 5:33 PM
I like the game also. Only problem I'm having is the cursor is kind of dragging. I also played the CE edition and wanted it then but funds are low so waited for the regular version. Funds are still low but will buy before the end of the month.

posted in Haunted Manor: Queen of Death on Dec 23, 11 9:23 AM
I too liked the CE version...but have stopped buying those because of $...and will have to get this one after the new year. The only thing I don't like on any of these games lately is they say play free for an hour but will only let you go to a designated point and get the message thanks for trying the trial version, or something along those lines. Says a free hour, make it an hour! Hopefully it's a long enough game.

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 7, 11 6:06 AM
I liked the game. I love hidden object games. I also like where you have to get the crowbar to open the crate to get the handle to open a door. The first game I remembered having to do this was Ravenhurst, one of my all time favorite games. I have a game credit and it is a SE so think it's a buy for me. Not sure of the length but read where someone thought it was a decent length. I'm just so tired of all the games are CE's any more.

posted in Guardians of Beyond: Witchville on Dec 4, 11 7:26 PM
The game didn't pull me in. The first page of reviews it seems like people are getting tired of hidden object games but that's about 95% of what I buy. This one just didn't grab me though and I am getting tired of only being able to play to a certain point and stops. I still have 21 minutes of game time left. This is a no buy for me.

posted in Lost Realms: Legacy of the Sun Princess on Nov 30, 11 1:34 PM
I didn't play music so don't know about that and the moving screen didn't bother me much either, the items were way toooo small for my tastes. Even with the sale at $2.99 it's a no buy. Just need one more game for a credit so off to see what other games might be worth it.

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition on Nov 28, 11 9:37 AM
Look at the cards on the table.

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune on Nov 26, 11 6:03 PM
I played the demo in 40 minutes. That got me through Chapter 5 and this is only 13 so I'm thinking not a very long game. I don't know about replay value either. Even with the sale I think this is a no buy for me. I thought the game was easy but not too easy. If it was longer I'd buy it but I'm thinking maybe another hour play.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 13, 11 5:45 PM
It looks like I'm one of the few that don't like this game. Cursor was jerky and screens too dark. Took too long to download between scenes and every time I went to go back to a previous scene it downloaded again. Regardless of the extra punch weekend this is a no buy for me. Was excited too that it was a regular game and not a CE.

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Nov 6, 11 9:00 AM
I take it I'm one of the very few that didn't have trouble downloading. I enjoyed the game. A little bit of a different story and the creatures popping out at you did frighten me the first couple of times and then it got to where I knew when to expect something to come at me. When it comes out in a regular game I'll probably buy it. I had quite a bit of stuff in inventory too but then when you do need something it takes quite a bit out of the inventory too. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7.5.

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Oct 31, 11 5:51 AM
I played for 15 minutes last night and wasn't too crazy about the game. Hidden objects seemed pretty easy to find. Played the other 45 minutes this morning and my opinion hasn't changed. Pretty easy and didn't hold my attention. Maybe as a SE game.

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands on Oct 31, 11 3:49 AM
I've also bought the other games in the series and enjoyed all of them. This one is more diffficult. Might have been easier if I hadn't had my hubby sitting behind me looking over my shoulder trying to help me with the puzzles. I also did the trial version on the CE but funds are low so not buying too many of those these days but glad to see this come out now and be able to use the Spooky coupon to buy.

posted in Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines on Oct 27, 11 11:43 AM
I too found the beginning boring but reading some of the reviews will go back and play the full trial version before making a decision. Thought it was dark and sluggish.

posted in Halloween: Trick or Treat on Oct 18, 11 12:02 PM
I agree the game seems easy but you know sometimes that's what I want. Reviews say geared towards children but then also the meaning of words the little ones wouldn't get. One time Apache was a helicopter and the next time it was an Indian. I've learned from past games to think of several different types of an item to look for. As for the candy canes some are easy and then again when I didn't get the message that I'd found them all I searched before finding last item to go to next scene or game and could not find the last 1 or 2 canes or however many were left. Very cleverly hidden on some. I'm on the fence on buying. Want to hear how long the game is.

posted in Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek on Oct 16, 11 4:42 PM
I'd like to buy this one. Played the CE but waited on the regular version to come out. Downloaded and played for a bit..got out and when I got back in alot of the letters in the tutorial and also on the list of objects are reversed color, if there at all and can't read. I'm going to delete and download again. If the game comes up the same way I won't buy. But really liked the game as far as I got and the other reviews sound good. Hope it comes up correctly this next time.

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign on Oct 16, 11 4:35 PM
I'm with Angelfish....not a popular comment among the others but didn't care for the game. I played it before, guess it was the CE version. Definitely a no buy on the CE and not on the SE either. All the games I want to buy are CE's. I have a free game from a punch card but told me I couldn't use it on a CE. I thought you could. Since I'm unemployed right now I'll just have to wait on the other games to come out as SE. As for this game it is a definite pass.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator