Posts created by gailsgame

posted in Blooming Daisies on Sep 12, 10 9:27 PM
I actually enjoy this game. I don't like pressure as I have enough of that in my real life!

I like to plan the gardens, and I can see me designing them a different way a few times. I'm sure it will be a game I'll get bored with fairly quickly, but most of these games are like that. There isn't too much replay in them.

All in all I would suggest this game to people who like designing, rather like Roller Coaster Tycoon (only a lot smaller).

posted in Blooming Daisies on Sep 11, 10 7:45 AM
I seem to have a different problem. I can't move or trash any of the trees, plants or paths. Is this normal? The tree that they tell you to plant in the tutorial is annoying me as it's not how I want to plan the garden, but I can't move or trash it.

Edit: I worked it out. You have to destroy the trees or plants by digging them out. I thought you might be able to move trees like in Alice Greenfingers.

posted in My Tribe on Jul 4, 10 11:42 AM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only thing that will speed up is their aging. So if you want the kids to become adults faster, then you can speed it up. They won't build or collect food any faster. I'm not sure what you are wanting to speed up, so if it's their ages, speed away.

I like to have it in slow speed all the time as I get attached to those funny little pixels!

posted in My Tribe on Jul 4, 10 11:37 AM
Assuming you are playing the PC version, you have to rebuild everything and collect all the food, wood, rock etc again.

All that you keep is the potion ingredients like stardust, moondust, fountain water (whether you go to an Island with a fountain or not) and other similar items.

I find this is the wonderful thing about this game. When I've built up an Island, I can start all over again on a different Island with different layouts whilst keeping the same happy little black haired tribe.

posted in My Tribe on Jul 4, 10 11:08 AM
I own all of the first 3 Virtual Villagers games, and while they were fun when released, I have to agree with Nansky that they are very slow. So slow they frustrate me now, so I didn't buy the newest one.

I think after playing My Tribe they just fail in comparison.

People say Gemini Lost is similar and fun, but I didn't like how fast they aged. You can try it out though.

Also the Escape From Paradise series are similar games although I haven't played them through either.

A different game, but a sim style Time management I enjoy is Orchard. You could give that a go too. You don't raise tribe people, but employ staff to help you build up an Orchard. I find it nice & relaxing.

posted in My Tribe on Jul 3, 10 12:42 PM
I find they call the stork only in certain huts, so if someone is sleeping in it they will just walk off. Keep dropping them on top of each other as they will eventually go into another hut. And make sure you have enough huts to go around. That could be another problem. Good luck.

posted in Ice Cream Tycoon on Jul 3, 10 9:36 AM
Has anyone purchased this game? The forum has nothing in it so I thought maybe it's not been a very good game.

I downloaded the trial and I'm sort of undecided but would like to get some opinions, hopefully before the sale ends.

My 1 hour I thought that it was quite a nice relaxing game as I'm not good with the timed TM games as they stress me out. In that regard it suits me, but I'm wondering if it gets a little more interesting as it gets into the game. I seemed to only lose money so couldn't get any upgrades in the one hour.

Anyone with more information on this game I would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

posted in Burger Bustle on Jul 1, 10 10:43 AM
freddifish wrote:Hi,I can't save the file. Could you tell me how did you save the file? Thank you.

gailsgame wrote:
BoutjeFedankt wrote:
gailsgame wrote:
BoutjeFedankt wrote:Hello.
Hello, can you please help more as I do love this game & would like to increase the times. I have gone to the files as you say, but the levels file seems to be an excel document and when I adjusted those in excel & saved, it said I had finished the game and wouldn't let me play at all. So I uninstalled the trial and reinstalled and started again which worked out fine, but no time adjustments.

I opened levels excel file up in wordpad but it just shows one line, so I'm really confused. I have gone looking in all the other files but can't find the text you are talking about. Thanks.

Thanks.

Hello.

Maybe it is because you have the trile version and i am talking about the complete version. And i opened the file just with wordpad to make the adjustments and not with excel.

I hope it wordks out good for you,

Hi, thank you so much for your help. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong file. Could you please give me a better explanation of which file I should be looking for as the one I found I did open with wordpad but it only had one line of text in it. Thank you.

Edit: Thank you I worked it out. It opened in notepad for me, not wordpad. I can see the text you are referring to by searching for the string of text. I will see if I can adjust and play the levels. It's such a great game, so thank you again for your help.

I sent you a pm on how to do it, but I only got to test it in the one hour demo. It worked though!

posted in Virtual Families on Jul 1, 10 10:38 AM
I have this game and I found it really boring after a while, same with the Virtual Villagers games, but I do like this kind of gameplay. I bought My Tribe and have never been happier as it's the same type of concept (slower game play), but the peeps or tribe members actually move at a reasonable pace! And they are much cuter imo.

I would give My Tribe the 1 hour trial first. Good luck, and happy gaming!

posted in My Tribe on Jun 25, 10 10:56 AM
It also gives you a "Are you sure?" warning chance to not clear the tribe, so the other people getting on your PC must not have too much respect for your games.

posted in Burger Bustle on Jun 21, 10 1:16 AM
indigo_ladybug wrote:don't click on play, click on the dot in front of resto. this works for me, in both survival, AND relax

Thanks for the information indigo ladybug. Do you need to complete the other levels first before this works, or are you saying you can access the Relax mode before playing out the whole game?

posted in My Tribe on Jun 20, 10 12:57 PM
Potion for auburn hair is:

mushroom+ seawater+ moondust: auburn hair.

However, if you are trying to breed an Auburn tribe, I found the best way to get a tribe with one hair color is not to dye their hair as you can't remember what they really have. It's the same as real life so if you dye their hair it won't mean their children will have the dyed hair color. They will have, most likely, the same or a combination of the parents true hair colors.

The genetics do work as I have a full black haired tribe & dark brown haired tribe.

It can take a few generations to succeed, as with real life, if the grandparent had a different hair color to the son or daughter it can come out in their offspring.

posted in My Tribe on Jun 20, 10 12:52 PM
Here are more hair potions with hairstyles too. I tried to keep a note of what each hairstyle the potion created.

Hairstyle Potions

* 1) berry+ fountain water+ stardust: dyes hair black.
* 2) berry+ fountain+ moondust: brown hair.
* 3) berry+ seawater+ moondust: dyes hair blonde.
* 4) mushroom+ rainwater+ stardust: darkbrown hair.
* 5) mushroom+ seawater+ moondust: auburn hair.
* 6) berry+ rainwater+ goldrelic: strawberry blonde hair.
* 7) berry+ fountain water+ goldrelic: red hair.
* 8) berry+ rainwater+ stardust: light brown hair.

* 9) mushroom+ rainwater+ moondust: new hair style. (female = ponytail) (male = short shag)
* 10) mushroom+ seawater+ goldrelic: new hair style.(male = full beard) (female = double ponytails)
* 11) mushroom+ fountain water+ stardust: new hair style. (male = bowl) (female = tight bun)
* 12) mushroom+ rainwater+ goldrelic: new hair style.
* 13) mushroom+ fountain water+ moondust: new hair style. (female = shaggy bowl) (male = long fringe)
* 14) vegetable+ fountain water+ stardust: new hair style. (female = bowl)
* 15) vegetable+ fountain water+ goldrelic: new hair style. (female = similar shaggy bowl)
* 16) vegetable+ seawater+ goldrelic: new hair style. (male = layered) (female = loose bun)

posted in Burger Bustle on Jun 20, 10 4:10 AM
BoutjeFedankt wrote:
gailsgame wrote:
Hello, can you please help more as I do love this game & would like to increase the times. I have gone to the files as you say, but the levels file seems to be an excel document and when I adjusted those in excel & saved, it said I had finished the game and wouldn't let me play at all. So I uninstalled the trial and reinstalled and started again which worked out fine, but no time adjustments.

I opened levels excel file up in wordpad but it just shows one line, so I'm really confused. I have gone looking in all the other files but can't find the text you are talking about. Thanks.

Thanks.

Hello.

Maybe it is because you have the trile version and i am talking about the complete version. And i opened the file just with wordpad to make the adjustments and not with excel.

I hope it wordks out good for you,

Hi, thank you so much for your help. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong file. Could you please give me a better explanation of which file I should be looking for as the one I found I did open with wordpad but it only had one line of text in it. Thank you.

Edit: Thank you I worked it out. It opened in notepad for me, not wordpad. I can see the text you are referring to by searching for the string of text. I will see if I can adjust and play the levels. It's such a great game, so thank you again for your help.

posted in Burger Bustle on Jun 19, 10 12:31 PM

I just found a way to adjust the timesettings for the levels so you can make
levels that you can not pass for gold easier.
It will take some effort and better make a copy of the game just in case you
make a mistake.
I played allready the 1st 20 levels and they all worked fine with the adjusted timesettings.

Go to the map where the game is installed, look for the map data and
then the map properties and then the file levels.

Open this file with for instance wordpad.

You will see a large text with all sort of numbers and figures.

Look for this :

[removed by moderator]

ce3 stands for the time in that particular level, after the first "number" the time is for gold the second for silver.
In this example 160 seconds so that is 2 minutes 40 seconds for gold and 280 seconds is 4 minutes and 40 seconds for silver.
Just replace 160 with 360 and 280 with 500 and you will have 6 minutes for gold and 8 minutes and 20 seconds for silver.

You just have to figure out which level is the right one to adjust or just adjust every level from the beginning.
I believe there are 60 levels so there are 60 lines with these figures, the first time you will see this line with ce3
in it is for the 1st level, the second time you see it is for the 2nd level and so on.

Just save the file when you are finished adjusting.

I am sure there is much more that you can adjust, but this one is allready a great help.

I hope i explained it a little understandable for everyone who is interested.

Good luck and pleasure with playing this great game.

Thanks.

posted in My Tribe on Jun 19, 10 9:23 AM
I've been playing just over 2 months Nansky, and I still love it too. It's the best tribe sim there is!

Another tip I read too, if you are anxious to get to another Island (PC version), you can build the shipyard after reaching construction level 3 and immediately demolish it. You can then get the Ark in the build options and save the time it takes to build the shipyard. Personally I make them build it as I like to make them work!

posted in My Tribe on Jun 19, 10 9:19 AM
Everyone has already given you really good tips, but a few things I like about the potions is you can change their hair color & hair styles with potions too. You can also build up their skills with potions so they are able to be tribal legends (instead of standing at a Science counter accruing millions of tech points), so you can solve mysteries that require the higher skills.

I haven't played the FB version, but you could download the 1 hour trial and even with the game closed it will advance so you could see quite a bit with just 1 hours play time.

posted in Burger Bustle on Jun 19, 10 9:12 AM
Thank you all for your reply.

I don't think this is the game for me then as I'm already getting flustered in the 1 hour trial, and this is only the lower levels. At least it lets you keep going even if you don't reach the goal.

I also wish they would put the relax mode in straight away as I don't understand the point of it if you have to play the hurried rushed version & reach # 2, which I probably wouldn't get to, to unlock it.

I'm guessing you'd have to get gold and or silver most levels to reach #2 ??

It's a shame as I love all other aspects of this game. I can't comment on whether it crashes as I've only played it a little while.

posted in Burger Bustle on Jun 19, 10 1:30 AM
Hi all. Does anyone know when relax mode is unlocked for this game?

It looks like a fun game as I have played the demo, but the timer does me in quite early on. I managed to get gold & silver but I can't see me getting that further down the track as it will no doubt get harder.

I prefer a more relaxed TM game, so if it was available fairly early on, or still was an option even if you don't make gold or silver in the later levels, I would be happy.

The graphics are nice, and I like the strategy of the game, which isn't in a lot of the other TM games out there.

Thank you.

posted in King's Legacy on Jun 16, 10 12:28 AM
I quite like this game but I'm not sure yet if I'll buy it. I'm halfway through the demo and seem to be 12% into the game, so I'm not sure about overall length and replay value.

I like the concept of these games though, with no time to feel pressured by. I do wish you could choose where to build your cottages etc, and also keep buildings as levels progress.

I'm having no glitches playing on my netbook, and after reading the advice here, I turned off the camera that lets it roll around all over the place. Big difference.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator