Posts created by Ruvie

posted in 1912: Titanic Mystery on Sep 10, 11 6:39 PM
Just tested, runs great. Going through my stash.

posted in The Clockwork Man on Sep 10, 11 6:38 PM
This game is compatible with Lion, ran it and it runs great! Going through my stash :]

I am so happy that I found one game in my stash that is compatible with Lion. I will post in other game Forums as I go through them.

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Aug 7, 11 6:14 AM
This game is on my top faves list, so thats all I need to say.

I enjoyed the game as well! Gorgeous graphics :] Every game has a pro and con with me, and the graphics were an amazing pro!

Although the game was beautiful, and had innovative game play, I felt it was too easy to guess the end.

I did not like (this will be written in white font, so please highlight to read. SPOILERS.)

That the villain was the cliche all black and dreary type, while the victim was white pink and teddy bears. I also wasnt a fan of how they tried to make her voice sound. I feel they placed too much on one character from the get go, I was hoping for a twist. Of course, I guess they did that with the bonus, but really? Its the classic destroy over jealousy. I hope the next one is better. How many people are going to be in love with Grandpa? I also hope that wasnt R*** at the end with A, because I mean really..? Hes in love with her too all of a sudden?

posted in Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming on Jul 25, 11 11:42 AM

I loved this game much more than the other ones Ive tried, but I am disappointed with how short it was.

More of this, but longer next time!

posted in A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories on Jul 24, 11 7:09 PM
As soon as I saw that 'Wiggly' title screen, I heaved a sigh of disappointment. HDO doesnt seem to ever put much thought into the detail of the games, and the characters stand there lifeless. The items always look copy-pasted, and the screens give me migraines.

Please tell us the game developers BF, Im always so disappointed when I get a game and its HDO.

Another note: Ive tried this stupid 'drawing' game 14 times already, there is NO SKIP.

What a waste!!

posted in Dream Inn: Driftwood on Jul 21, 11 9:46 PM
I enjoyed this game very much, but I was disappointed that the restoring only took place outside.

I felt that after half of the ren. was finished, there was a bit of 'overkill' going on. The front looks too busy, and I had no choice but to add things. My bane was the Christmas lights, not a single Winter fun preview showed the lights, and I spent many coins trying all 3 of the choices, but the lights stayed

My other issue is that the Lady would really slow down my Inn View screen. It took forever sliding the choices when she was slowly making her way down the walk, and throwing out comments left and right.

Penalty Click: Please please remove penalty click on relaxed mode. I heaved a sigh of aggravation every time I over clicked due to clicking on an item I needed, but not clicking in the correct spot.

I hope when Dream Inn: Italy comes out, we get to decorate inside.

I would also like to add that the only room I truly enjoyed was the beachcombers room. The Jungle Fever room was too busy, and it made my eyes hurt. The Den also had the same effect. I was not a fan of the Detective room, as well.

posted in Renovate & Relocate: Boston on Jul 8, 11 3:34 PM
The voice overs drove me nuts! Olivia sounded like a monotone computer! She also had many rude things to say about her customers, which I did not enjoy. Overall, I liked picking the designs, but they only offered the same three wall colors and marble flooring throughout the whole game. I ended up painting EVERY room blue Will not play a game from this company again!

posted in The Curse of the Thirty Denarii on Jun 1, 11 9:22 AM
I truly loathe these HdO games. Once I realized it was one, I deleted it. What a waste. They all use that awful 'fisheye' technique, and it hurts my eyes. My screen does not need to wiggle when I move my mouse!!

posted in The Secret of Margrave Manor on Jun 1, 11 9:19 AM
It took forever for me to beat this game. Nothing new. Nothing fresh. A long, dreaded feeling whenever I loaded it. This game took WAY too long, it was too repetitive. It was like being stuck in a continuous loop. Next time developers, make the pieces bigger! I finally collected a piece, only to discover it was a tiny sliver. I didnt even bother with the second game. Good riddance!

posted in The Secret of Hildegards on Jun 1, 11 9:16 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I had an inkling who was responsible, but wouldnt have connected it to how it was. The bonus chapter left quite a bit to be desired for me.

posted in Annie's Millions on Jun 1, 11 9:12 AM
I found this game a bit stupid..it was obvious who was going to win in the beginning, all of the other people she was up against were made to be very un-responsible and highly materialistic. It was very obvious who would lose. Lets try to give Annie an actual opponent next time.

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on Jun 1, 11 9:07 AM
Ive been hoping and wishing there will be a Yard Sale Hidden Treasures 3..Its been a few years so I doubt it, but really hoping. Anyone know the website for the game developers?

I understand hes had to kill 5 wives, but come on!! 1 death every year? Not to mention, all of these women are dressed in older era-d clothing? This dudes been alive since the 1700's and hes just now killing wives? I loved this game but man did that irk me. The first wife looked like a Victorian woman, but nope, she died in 2006. I doubt you could get married that fast again in the real world anyway. I really hope that was a technical goof, because that just ground my gears!

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Mar 23, 10 8:45 AM
i agree with this! the ending was just there, like the ending in "she is a shadow". the developers cant depend on people to read the book and make a bad ending. the rooms were'nt finished, a few things that i noticed they should have fixed: one of the characters commented on her cheekbones, slate blue eyes and eyebrows. (i know shes supposed to be really pretty or something, anyway..) her character art has dark brown eyes.

and what was wrong with the dog? id really like to know.
i rate this game 2.5/5, the interactiveness was nice but there wasnt much done with the house and they left alot of things out. and the ending was horrible.

posted in Deep Voyage on Aug 25, 09 11:15 PM
I cannot access any of the other options like shop or garden! im on level 15..and when i click shop in the main menu, nothing happens :-/

posted in Passport to Perfume on Aug 20, 09 3:07 AM
Game freezes after the first plane trip to Brazil...how do i fix it? I really like the game

posted in Neverland on May 19, 09 7:23 AM
I actually found the extra hunt enjoyable, just clear everything but the last item off your list and give the items to the toys. by the time i hit chapter 5 i had 15 hints, over 35 spin wheels and over 40 whistles. if there wasnt a 10 second limit on finding an item it wouldnt be a challenge.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator