Posts created by GeorgeTSLC

posted in Battle Slots on Apr 27, 18 5:35 PM
There is a spell called Cleansing that I was fortunate enough to pick up my very first pass through the game. Since then, I won't leave the first territory (capital, Hearthstone) without picking it up, no matter how many tiny Sparrows I have to Hunt down and kill to get it.

Cleansing costs 20 Mana points and wipes all negative effects. No, that's almost never worth the expense to clear a single effect any creature can give you in that territory, and barely so even when two are affecting you at once. E.g., avoiding a 5-turn stun isn't likely to make back 20 points when more spins are coming up empty than are hitting, and it makes more sense to endure 2 points of poison damage over each of 4 turns than to spend 20 Mana avoiding them,

But later on, when you have Luck runes to greatly improve your spins and your symbols give you more than a dozen Attack or Mana Points per hit, then when somebody can lock your reels for 5 spins, or a Vile Necromancer's Creeping Death can debit you 15 points per spin for 5 spins--or even a Cave Fisher's Strangle spell takes 3 Health points every turn for the remainder of the match--at that point having Cleansing installed and (whenever possible) keeping a reserve of 20 in those situations often makes the difference between losing a round and winning it.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 28: Treasure Map on Apr 25, 18 11:09 AM
This one lets you skip the silly (to me) locked colors they started in #27. I'm glad. I've bought it!

posted in Number World Adventure on Apr 11, 18 11:35 PM
If I understood what I'd done that succeeded in the earliest levels, I might be able to make the next few work. But since I never understood, I can't apply my knowledge--or lack of it.

May well be fun for some. Not for me.

posted in Plantera on Apr 9, 18 4:45 PM
Concur with miss marigold. The developers seem to assume that we've played clones of this game before and will like whatever the differences are in this one. Sorry. I too have uninstalled after 2 minutes's trial.

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Awakening Solitaire on Apr 1, 18 10:20 PM
I really don't like needing to spend lots of coins to get past a level. I do appreciate being able to see the top card of the deck very early on, but that and the gorgeous deck don't make up for just being stuck.

So not a buy for me.

posted in Monster Toons on Mar 31, 18 4:56 PM
Any game where I can efficiently achieve the stated goal but lose because I didn't accumulate an arbitrary number of points in the process in no buy for me.

This is such a game.

posted in Forest Riddles 2 on Mar 29, 18 12:37 AM
I am not looking for hints or tips, but reporting a flaw in a puzzle.

I believe that monochrome puzzle #58, a Swallow, is not solvable by logic alone: One must call on a fairy.

Of course one can always go back and take advantage of remembering the solution to the first row, from which everything else does follow logically. But that's not how these are supposed to work!

posted in Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy on Mar 28, 18 6:44 AM
I had no problem with the layout, but it's a very ordinary match 3, and I already have a lot of them. The storyline and dialog are amateurish--not quite painful, but not good either. Not a buy for me.

posted in Forest Riddles 2 on Mar 27, 18 6:47 PM
Took me forever to notice that there's a monochrome series of puzzles as well as the default colored one. So I post here to alert others.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Mar 24, 18 8:27 PM
mysticalla5: No, ma'am. So far as I can tell you cannot move between modes. I just started anew, spent time repeating levels rather than using upgrades, and so accumulated gold in my second profile.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Mar 23, 18 10:36 PM
I've now got version 1.0.0.4, having just barely updated. We'll see if I can get past the blasted timer at level 87. I've been putting off using a ton of power-ups--even though I've chosen Easy mode rather than Normal for a 2nd try at it, which has helped me save up 6K coins --in the hope of getting just one really, really lucky layout. For the reason skpjazz states at the beginning of this thread.

(Do you suppose it's saying "Hard Level 87" because it sympathizes and is giving me extra time?) [Second update: No, that's not it, because after that I reached a level labeled "Hard" before I'd ever played it. And that one turned out not to be hard at all![

Update: Gave it one more try, and made It!

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Mar 23, 18 10:25 PM
Since I believe only this thread and the TECH ISSUES one are forwarded to the developer: Please see the extensive thread labeled "This Game has Potential, But......" at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1056161.page in this forum.

Thank you! (Moderator: No, this isn't a review, but it's a LINK to some otherwise proabably unnoticed reviews. So don't you think it belongs here?)

posted in Travel Mosaics: A Paris Tour on Mar 20, 18 6:58 AM
WAY easier! I coped with the old near-black color, but I prefer having the contrast.

And I just discovered the automatic fill-in of blanks, of which I am a very big fan. Except that the "Difficult" description still says that doesn't happen. I like the combo of that with no cross-off until the line is finished, but things oughta match.

posted in Caves And Castles: Underworld on Mar 12, 18 11:10 AM
Rather different from other match 3s. If there were better help explaining the mechanisms--coins, "essence", exactly what one can pick up in the tunnels, etc.--I might buy it. But I dislike being hazy about what's going on.

posted in My Pretty Kitty on Mar 7, 18 6:28 AM
Interesting to have a politely demanding cat for an hour. The hour was enough.

posted in Amanda's Magic Book on Mar 7, 18 5:26 AM
Nice enough. Nothing special. I have plenty of others, so not a buy for me.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 6, 18 9:39 PM
I find the color-unlocking annoying, tho a bit more attractive since I've noticed the sound cues for "another color unlocked!"

I don't regret buying it.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 6, 18 9:22 PM
I''m convinced that any locks left when a level ends just represent there being fewer than 6 colors in that particular puzzle.

posted in The Chronicles of Jonah and the Whale on Feb 26, 18 9:37 AM
A very ordinary match-3. Toward the end of the demo, annoyingly slow with many chained tiles in the bottleneck spaces.

Enjoyable enough for the hour, but I have plenty similar and see no point in getting yet another.

posted in Travel Mosaics: A Paris Tour on Feb 24, 18 10:55 PM
I'm having only a little trouble seeing the holes against their dark background--but an improvement there would be very welcome!

And so far, I haven't needed any of the power-ups to solve anything.

Otherwise: This one is tough. I LIKE THAT!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator