Posts created by alexakaruda

posted in Farmscapes on Dec 27, 11 4:14 AM
Thank you for the Mac version. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

When I start the game (after the cutscene at the beginning), the characters trundle around like I'm supposed to be doing something. They talk about certain standard buttons (e.g. "start," "exit," "menu"), but there are no buttons. It's like there's a frame missing. Anybody else having this problem? Going to reinstall the game and see if that helps....

Edit: Reinstallation fixed the problem. Thanks!

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 23, 11 3:56 PM
Yup, same problem here with the electric mushrooms. I solved it correctly (I even looked at the hint and modeled it after that answer in a subsequent attempt), but three of the mushrooms won't glow, even though they have enough connections.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Aug 18, 11 12:41 PM
Same problem as everybody else--the game just says, "Thanks for playing," when I haven't even gotten to play yet. Please fix this!

posted in Dreamland on Jul 25, 11 12:21 PM
I, too, have had the problem listed earlier with the cursor attaching incorrectly to objects that then ended up off the page and out of reach. I see that the voice-over issue has been solved, but has the cursor issue been as well, with the newer version of the game? This particular game is a lot of fun, but I'm not really up for purchasing it if it's going to be buggy to the point where you have to keep creating new accounts and starting over from the beginning.

Also, I have all ten boards for the athletes gate, but I cannot place them. I put the first one over the correct spot, but it keeps telling me I need all of the boards.

posted in The Fool on Jun 18, 11 4:30 PM
Yup, same here. Tried twice, and Mac version just wouldn't save my profile. Really aggravating. Like was said earlier, definitely a no-buy for me, too.

posted in Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone on Oct 17, 10 5:24 PM
Downloaded the new Mac version and played it for a bit. Closed the game to go do something else, but it never closed correctly. Crashed my Game Manager, which refuses to open anymore; it just keeps crashing. Great. Now I can't play any of the GM-dependent games. (((( This whole GM thing is really getting annoying.....

posted in The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy on Sep 28, 10 4:20 AM
@Imworks: I'm also having the same problem, and no idea if it's been fixed. I guess we just have to each individually do the live chat thing, which is kinda lame. Wish somebody would just post a "fixes" thread or something. (((

posted in The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy on Sep 26, 10 6:56 AM
For the Mac version of the game, it says there's another "script error." This is the second or third game I've had this issue with, and it's getting old....

posted in Wispa Forest on Sep 16, 10 7:57 AM
I'm having the same problem as thoptiger. It doesn't say "trial expired," it just goes from "Play Now" to "Play again?" is all. It still says "60 minutes left." Also, uninstalling and reinstalling (in any manner) doesn't seem to work. This Game Manager business is starting to get a bit annoying....

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Aug 28, 10 7:09 AM
I'm having a similar downloading error with the Mac version of the game. It sometimes says "downloading error," sometimes it just won't download completely, and sometimes it downloads only partially but says it's completely downloaded (it stops at 60%, for example, and when I pause and restart the download, it jumps to 100%). When I try to uninstall it, it says that parts of the game may still be on my computer. Whenever it says it's completely installed, when I try to run the game, it says that there's an error ("Object expected"), and asks if I should stop or continue running the script. (>_<

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Aug 8, 10 6:19 PM
herisf wrote:
alexakaruda wrote:I've noticed in the forum that other people are having trouble with the Muse of Writing, too. I have the quill (not the swan feather--I already traded that in), and I got the quest for the rose key, but when I go to the gazebo, I can't get the next quest. It just says with the hint button that there are spaces there for gems, but I can't click on them (and clicking on the lever does nothing, either). As a result, I can't do anything with the Muse of Writing (clicking on her does nothing). Do I have to restart the game again? Help!
You need to complete the Muse of Writing quest by clicking the quill on her and obtaining her jewel.

I guess I didn't make it clear in my post: I've tried doing that, but it doesn't work. I can't get the quest and clicking on her does nothing. If I click the hint button, it tells me to give her a writing utensil, but it won't let me give it to her no matter where I click.

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Aug 7, 10 9:38 PM
I've noticed in the forum that other people are having trouble with the Muse of Writing, too. I have the quill (not the swan feather--I already traded that in), and I got the quest for the rose key, but when I go to the gazebo, I can't get the next quest. It just says with the hint button that there are spaces there for gems, but I can't click on them (and clicking on the lever does nothing, either). As a result, I can't do anything with the Muse of Writing (clicking on her does nothing). Do I have to restart the game again? Help!

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 31, 10 7:07 AM
I'm having the same problem on Challenge 61 on the Mac Version. Whenever I try to click the left topmost square, it moves off-screen, then eventually crashes. I've tried buying hints to get around this issue, but it doesn't work.

posted in Green Moon on Feb 27, 10 10:34 AM
Thanks LeemanPA! Tech support wasn't able to help me, but your advice worked perfectly!

posted in Green Moon on Feb 26, 10 1:42 PM
My apologies--I didn't see your other post. I'll look into it then. Thanks.

posted in Green Moon on Feb 26, 10 1:36 PM
(Sorry for the cross-post, but I think the other forum is no longer live.)

Whenever I give the commander the catapult scroll (and yes, it's the right one because it's the only one he'll accept), I see a cut-scene of the making of the scroll, the screen says, "Sorry Archimedes," then I click the screen like it says to do and then nothing happens. I can access my inventory and the menu, but nothing in the game screen is activated and I can't give the commander anything else, it seems. (This is in the Mac version, btw.) Any ideas???

posted in Green Moon on Feb 26, 10 12:58 PM
Mr_Russ: Thanks for the hint about the cookbook!

I gave the commander the only scroll he would take, which is the only one with a catapult on it. Is there something else I'm supposed to give him after that? He accepts it and I see the making of the catapult, then I click the screen and nothing happens.

posted in Green Moon on Feb 26, 10 12:46 PM
In the Mac version, once I give the commander the scroll for the catapult, I see a little cut-scene, then nothing happens. The screen says, "Sorry, Archimedes" or something like that, and I click to continue, and then nothing happens. I can't move or activate anything except the menu. Also, when I open the recipe book when cooking for the king, I can flip the pages but I can't put the book away. Is anybody else having these problems? I tried restarting the game, but it hasn't helped.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess on Nov 29, 09 1:38 PM
Same problem, even using Leopard. Annoyed that I used up the trial like others, trying to blindly find the gold, but at least BF is trying to improve the content of their Mac section!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator