Posts created by snailysue

Just to add my four penneth, I was shocked when it ended so abruptly, for two reasons. One was because it did end unexpectedly, and was then shown to be in two parts (so to speak!) and the other reason was because when I started the game and saw the clouds that the different levels sat on, it looked as though there would be quite a few levels.

I was therefore surprised and disappointed that it was quite a short game, especially for a Collector's Edition. I am saddened by the fact that CE's are becoming the norm now for this type of game, as I can't justify buying most and have to wait for the ordinary version. I hope the second part of this game will be an ordinary priced one.

The game is excellent and I have no complaints at all about the content and graphics or anything else - it was a pleasure to play

OK I tried again but now I can't get past the herbalist even on a new name and starting from the beginning. It still holds my bonus game frozen too

With all the glitches I wasn't enjoying the game - I uninstalled and reloaded but it didnt help, so I was forced to restart the game under a different name.

Last night I got through to the bonus level after a very short period of game play, and now that I've gone back into the bonus level it's locked and won't let me do anything.

I would feel bad enough if I'd merely used a game credit for this one, but having to pay the extra amount for a game with loads of problems and no challenge is an insult!

I am going to ask for a refund of the extra payment at least as I won't be bothering going through the game again to get to the bonus level.

BigFish have been let down by this game company.

posted in The Fool on Apr 4, 11 2:12 AM
The same thing happened to me - now I'm faced with going through the first part again so that I can use the moon battery. The annoying thing is that I had already started the puzzle and now I can't even get the battery after buying the game.

It is a really good game though!

posted in Tamara the 13th on Dec 31, 10 11:08 AM
I tried very hard to like this game but it's not for me. I found that searching for bits of things you used right away was not stimulating, but most importantly for me is that it is incredibly annoying when you click on other things to have that damn message keep coming up to tell me what my goal is!

Having to click on it to close it every time before I could move on had me spitting teeth!

Maybe if I was cleverer I'd know instantly what to do in a new scene and wouldnt need to click the background for clues ... sheesh!

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Nov 30, 10 7:33 AM
Hi

I can't get past it either - the game completely freezes, so I closed the game down, went back in, and instead of drilling the coconut, I clicked the skip button, which then gave me the potion.

Not an ideal solution I know but I was getting quite frustrated!

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 2, 10 6:11 PM
It seems a good game but I'm finding the thing that might stop me buying it, is the brightness and vagueness of the seek and find parts

It hurts my eyes to do the searches.

posted in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle on Sep 23, 10 5:03 AM
Willieshan wrote:So I have always been one of BFG's biggest supporters and have sung their praises to anyone who will listen. But I'm concerned that this is the 2nd game in a week that has a glitch, when I have been a member for well over a year with rarely a problem. What concerns me more is that in trying to find a solution to the bone fragment problem I just reviewed all the posts and see that the thread was started on Sept 2nd. Today is the 22nd, THREE weeks later, and BFG has not posted a solution to this problem?? I'm not going to start dinging BFG because they've always been very good to me, but like I said, I'm starting to get concerned....

I completely agree. I've been with BigFish for a few years and have always been happy with their brilliant ethic and excellent customer service, but I am concerned about the lack of a fix for this one, and also the increasing number of 'Collector's Editions'. Part of the joy of BFG has been the realistic pricing, and this seems like a way of steadily charging us more for what are basically the same games but with a bonus level that's not always worth playing. I started buying the Collector's Editions because it didn't look as if the basic games were being released at a later date. If they can guarantee a chance to buy just the basic version each time I won't be buying any more of the others.

posted in World Riddles: Seven Wonders on Aug 13, 10 7:41 AM
elainejay wrote:You click the red X at the far upper top right corner, just like you were closing any program in windows. it gets you put of the game, not just out of the puzzle.

The cross didnt work for me! It is annoying not being able to get out without using Start Task Manager.

I love the game but it crashes every so often ... that's one way of getting out I suppose

Also when I try to put it on my laptop for travelling, it gives me only the first level and then refuses to send me to the next!! I tried uninstalling but it wont do a complete uninstall.

I have already bought the whole game as I think when the bugs are sorted it will be even better!

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Jul 27, 10 2:20 AM
Oh thanks! I assumed 'the others' meant the crew of a ship ... many thanks

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Jul 27, 10 12:57 AM
Hi

I've done everything and have the elixir but can't find the others to give it to - can't finish the game. Where do I find the other people, sort out the candles, and have the final scene please

And, by the way, unlike several other games I paid the full price for lately, I would have happily paid it for this one!

posted in Chicken Invaders 3: Revenge of the Yolk Easter Edition on Apr 24, 10 4:34 AM
Well I'm an 'oldie' too I suppose, being 61 and having been a bigfish game member for ages

I usually play adventures and Seek and FInds, but Chicken Invaders is amazing. It certainly helps my hand to eye co-ordination

Whatever you do BigFish - you do it with class!

posted in Chicken Invaders 3: Revenge of the Yolk Easter Edition on Apr 24, 10 4:27 AM
Well I've finished it four times now in the easiest mode - it seems as far as I can tell, that when you hit 100% the game throws a few chickens and power ups at you and drops the level down to 65% - grab what you can and kill the chickens (the forks seem to be a good tool to use if you can get them before the final egg) and then keep hitting the shell until it gets to 100% again etc. Hitting it's weapons doesn't score, it has to be the shell.

I think it happens three or four times and then on the last time you reach 100% it blows up and leaves you with a fried egg - keep hitting the yolk and avoiding the white until you blow it up at 100%.

Brilliant game and very funny!

posted in Time Riddles: The Mansion on Mar 7, 10 7:30 AM
SublimeOne wrote:I liked this game but the problems in it with language really bothered me.

It's clear that english isn't the first language of whoever created this game. There are spelling errors everywhere but more importantly, objects are mis-labelled and the riddles are made harder by the mangled language.

I got a few of the riddles right by just guessing. And the answers just didn't make sense with the way the riddles were worded.

I love that you have to do things in order to get all the jewels. Push buttons, ring bells, line things up, open things, all sorts of stuff that makes the game more interesting.

But every time I start to enjoy myself, I get smacked in the head with butchered english.

For that alone, I'll probably have to give it a pass. That sort of thing drives me crazy. But if you can get past the torturous language, then this is actually an interesting game with lots to offer.

Sorry to just quote you verbatim but you summed up my thoughts perfectly! I have actually bought the game but to be honest I hadn't bothered to read the diary until then!

An interesting game, and different to most!

posted in Public Enemies: Bonnie and Clyde on Mar 3, 10 2:08 PM
I love BigFish games but I have to say that this one isn't worth it. It was so completely boring and unimaginative that I gave up on the third visit to the map.

Sorting different shaped bolts from a screen full of bolts, several mindless times over, and then back to the map for the third time nearly had me asleep.

The backgrounds are nicely drawn but this game will only last a decent length of time because the items are so stupidly hard to find!

posted in The Tarot's Misfortune on Feb 19, 10 4:26 PM
I'm almost at the same place and I'm stuck too - I don't know how to get the wheel and I cant do anything at the base of the oak tree to find it.

Also in the town centre, the spot the difference game won't stop flashing despite my having finished it correctly ...

I have two keys, and no more ideas! I did download the new, supposedly patched version, but still get locked doors and gates

posted in 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad on Jan 27, 10 5:27 AM
Sadly I have to agree on this one. The game is way too simple although things are hard to see, but when you get a twinkling light for everything you need to do, it brings the game right down

I won't be buying this one, and I find very few search and finds lately that have been really worth buying.

Indeed, I haven't even finished the free hour on several games over the last few months

I would just add that this is in no way a complaint against Big Fish, who remain the best game supplier on the internet!

posted in AGON - The London Scene on Jun 17, 09 4:00 AM
Hi

I too am finding this game frustrating but it's not all bad! However, I've given the guard the whisky and done everything else I can think of - looked at books, letters, newspapers, the codex ... and he still won't go to sleep so I can look for the keys!!

Any ideas? I don't see why I should pay another sum for the guide as this already isn't the usual money's worth we get from BigFish.

Also, I did look on Gameboomers, but there is no London Scene walkthrough that I can see - only the previous AGON episodes.

posted in Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World on May 16, 09 1:29 PM
Thank you kiedon!

I didn't know about the walkthrough and I would never have guessed something was hidden!

posted in Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World on May 16, 09 12:26 PM
Hi

I really like this game but I'm truly stuck with the gold ring in the bird's beak! I have the suit and the flowers, but when I frighten the bird away with the broom it just flies back to the nest. How do I get it to drop the ring please?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator