Posts created by barbee44

Unlike most of you, I didn't care for this game. First of all the very first HOG scene was excellent... why couldn't we have more of those?

Same old, same old game play. Door is locked you need a key, you have mega locations and by the time you find what you need for one 8 scenes ago you've forgotten where it was you needed it.

I found myself using the hint button too much to see where to go next.

I'll pass once again. Still awaiting a FROG

cbtx wrote:
-the graphics have that foggy look again. They are easy to see, but not clear and clean as the last game (Redemption Cemetery) and as ERS is so capable of. Backgrounds in the HOS just sort of blurred out. Really a shame.
-the music is sort of grating and repetitious, and I swear I can hear the chords and melodies used in other ERS games.
-although the kitten is indeed very cute, the "cute critter" device is getting a little tiresome. In this game it's just distracting. (And there is no bigger lover of cats and kittens than me!)
-you have to do the same HOS multiple times, very unappealing.

Based on demo, I agree with cbtx. To have to find objects in the same scene over and over is lazy on the part of the developers and as far as the game play it's same old same old. Nothing new and exciting. I didn't see anything new in the game that isn't in every game out already except the camera which I wouldn't use anyway. Wish the devs would give us some different HOG scenes, and maybe some different game play.

The graphics for me were clear except for the HOG backgrounds were a bit misty, probably to help hide the objects. The music fit the story. It's another "no buy" for me. If I want to play the same old stuff, I'll just pick one of my 200 games already purchased and replay it. Same thing.

posted in Dreamscapes: The Sandman on Apr 20, 13 9:44 AM
I really liked this game, especially with no HOG scenes. A change of pace. Although by the time I had reached the bonus game, regretfully, I was sick of the game and never finished the bonus section. By then the story had become very corny and repetitive.

Would love to see more games like this but not dark and scary. Can't devs come up with stories that are good without ghosts, spirits, and satanic things? How about a good mystery?

posted in Solitaire Twist Collection on Apr 17, 13 11:54 AM
THanks twin. Takes my computer a while to d/l games so I prefer to check to see if it's worth it. In this case....NO.

posted in Solitaire Twist Collection on Apr 17, 13 3:52 AM
Does this one have different solitaire games or just one? I like a variety. I don't care for one higher one lower. Boring.

posted in Trivia Machine Reloaded on Apr 3, 13 6:34 PM
I like the game, and wanted to buy it because I'm so sick of the cookie cutter games lately. The game plays well, but my problem with it is, what is the point?

There is no goal... you either get it right or you don't but who cares? Now to make it better the devs could have let you play against a computer with different skill levels. I'm a competitive person and would buy the game if I could play it against someone. Other wise, what's the point?

Pass for me.

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 11:04 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame on Mar 10, 13 2:48 PM
Is the game as dark and dreary as the thumbnail preview?

I love it. The colors are spectacular. The FROG scenes are clear. They are very difficult but I love the challenge.

It's so nice to play a BRIGHT game for a change. Nothing is hidden in darkness. WTG devs.

posted in The Mirror Mysteries: Forgotten Kingdoms on Feb 8, 13 6:40 AM
Thanks. Such a shame. I buy very few games because I dont like junk pile HOGS and finally one comes out that is a FROG and I can't play it. I think I'm done with games.

All BFG tech's will do is give me a free game and what will I do with that? Hold on to it until another FROG comes out? They are scarce. No thanks.

posted in The Mirror Mysteries: Forgotten Kingdoms on Feb 6, 13 6:13 AM
Thank you, I'll try that. I love this game because it's a FROG... love them FROGS. Even if I have to start all over it will be worth it.

posted in The Mirror Mysteries: Forgotten Kingdoms on Feb 5, 13 7:21 PM
I think this game has some bugs. I was able to pass most of them with persistance but am stuck. I played the flute and the flowers bloomed but i can't go out of the area... if I back up and reenter the chamber of music it just makes me do the flute thing again.... the flowers open... I back out and in again and do the flute puzzle and the flowers open... I'm supposed to leave by right exit but it won't let me. This is very frustrating.

posted in The Mirror Mysteries: Forgotten Kingdoms on Feb 5, 13 6:53 AM
I haven't been buying games much because I'm so sick of the dark scariness and the same old same old HOG junk piles. But this game is so different. There are some scary parts but the game is bright and cheerful. I love the graphics and animation. But what I love best are the HOG scenes. Rather than the usual dread when I come upon one, I am cheering... "Yay, another HOG scene". I love Fragmented HOGS (FROGS). These are brilliantly done. I must confess to having to use the hint to find some because they are so well blended in. A challenge but not a frustrating one. There are a lot of FROG scenes and I love them.

The story is good, the hint button refreshes very fast. Voices are good. There is nothing about this game that I don't like. I hope I never finish it because I know it will be a month of Tuesdays before I see another FROG.

My only problem, at first, was how to return to the scene before. Then I discovered you hit the big arrow in the middle of the bottom and you go back. I like that. Works better for me than trying to find just the right spot on some games.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

BoomZap... more FROGS.

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 5, 13 6:46 AM
Congrats Gwen!

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 13 10:33 AM
She will be missed.

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 13 6:33 PM
LEOTA26 wrote:I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the credits but they mentioned "In memory of Textrekkie" . I thought that that was really nice of them to do.

Where have I heard that name before? Was Textrekkie a fish in the pond? That was nice of them.

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 13 6:31 PM
OK I'm confused. Every single review was raving about this game and all reviewers on page 1 gave it all star so why isn't the game 5 stars? It's only 4 1/2 In my opinion it should be 5 stars. I've seen some 5 star games that couldn't compare with this one. Boomzap is the best.

posted in The Mirror Mysteries: Forgotten Kingdoms on Feb 2, 13 5:12 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the light bulb outside the house. The walkthrough says "scare the bird" but doesn't say how. So how do you scare the bird?

posted in Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt for Truth on Feb 2, 13 7:14 AM
DARK lore is right. The screen shots are so dark that I won't even demo this game.

posted in Grave Mania: Pandemic Pandemonium on Jan 29, 13 6:04 AM
I look forward to games other than HOGS but this one is not one of them. Ugh! How morbidl.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator