Posts created by ChocPeng

annebrady wrote:Hey there, I gave up on expert level around level 7. Started again on "Normal' mode but now nearing the end, have silver upon silver and then a bronze; So good luck to you all trying to get gold on expert mode. If you do, then can you post how you managed it? I am no novice at TM games, usually manage to complete them in hard/expert level, but this one is different. Each level seems to require a different strategy: early on I didn't bother upgrading the towers, but later, I really needed to. The strategy guide is useless, just tells the basic steps of how to complete each level, but no tips about what bonuses to use and when.

As I have mentioned before, I think there is an expectation among developers that those playing the games figure out how to win them, but I could be wrong.

Csustar wrote:I am not finding where to upgrade, the spots only allowing upgrade in level 9 appears to be the car, extra man. Other wise only the pedestal places get renewed with product.
The pesky food does not renew fast enough for me to make it.
Anyone get this yet in the hard position?
I thought I would be smart and go to the medium level, more time, but it makes you start all over.
When I pay more for a game, I would expect better help and more detail on how to get the level completed. Those very basic instructions are a given, but that is it.

I could be wrong, but I think the developers want those playing the games to figure out for themselves how to be successful on them.

[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 18 11:43 PM
Rhysdux wrote:Mine wouldn't even install. I got a 706 error instead. As a result, i decided that it wasn't worth the effort and that I wouldn't try a second time.

So much for the Yuletide Legends sale. Games should be tested BEFORE they are sold.

You've probably moved on by now, but I'm going to reply in case others with a similar issue happen upon it.

I'm really sorry you are having problems. It is so frustrating when an app you are in doesn't respond as it should.

I don't know how many people downloaded this game on BFG so far, but for our purposes here let's say it is two hundred.

Two hundred people successfully downloaded, installed and played this game and not one single person had any of the troubles you had.

Here's the part no one ever wants to hear: despite how smoking your new computer is, the problem is probably on your end.

It's normal to blast the developer for being stupid and not properly checking his or her app before putting it on the market when we can't get an app to work.

But once the anger subsides, take another look at the issue with common sense and realize that two hundred people had no trouble and you were the only one who did.

When these things happen to me, I begrudgingly accept that there is probably a problem on my end. But then I still angrily blast the developer for being stupid. I can't help it; I'm human.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 18 11:20 PM
scatzy wrote:I can't access the match 3 alternative on the HOP puzzles. It's just not there!!

There are no Match-3 Game alternatives in this game. There is a variation on the classic Match-3 Game that is used prominently in this game, but it occurs when "Star Magic" is required during regular game play and it is completely unassociated with a HOP.

I hope this helps!

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 18 5:08 PM
belamba wrote:Hi bfgArinelle,

I’ve contacted CS over and again about these issues, and no fix to date. All games except from these devs play normally. Occasionally I have to change the screen res to fix the problem, but ‘nothing’ works with this game.

It’s really disappointing.

I'm sure it's too late to concern you, but I play all my games on a Mac and have never had any problem with this or any other developer.

I know no one likes to hear this, but it could be on your end.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 18 4:59 PM

I find some of the achievements difficult to understand.

I wonder, does anyone have explanations for the less obvious ones? Of course, the "three in three seconds" and other achievements like that one are clear. It is the ones that are more unique to this particular game that I would like explained, for fear that I will miss them.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

posted in Dark City: London Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 18 4:22 PM
nextgengranny wrote:Hi, ChocPeng. I know, right? These days, I'm lucky if a demo lasts me more than 45 minutes w/o being overrun w/ filler. Personally, since we have a pre-determined cut-off point anyway, I'd like to see the time restriction on demoes removed altogether. There are times when I skip mini-games during a demo if I think they'll be too time-intensive, & I've seen many comments by others indicating they do the same. Since we can only play to a pre-determined point, anyway, why not let us do so at our leisure?

Hope you & yours celebrated a happy & healthy New Year, w/ many more to come.

I appreciate your response to my comment. However, I have to wonder if perhaps either you didn't understand my comment or if I didn't understand your response.

I've heard people mention they've finished demos in 45 minutes or had a 90-minute demo. My point was that since I joined BFG in 2007 and in the hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) of games I've purchased from them, I've never played a game where the demo wasn't exactly 60 minutes.

I've been a gamer since my parent bought me the original Pong when I was 16, so I would qualify, I believe, as an expert player. Still, I've never played a BFG game where I was able to complete the demo before the allotted 60 minutes no matter how quickly I played.

So, that was the point of my comment. It's always been a 60-minute demo for me no matter what game I played.

If you have light to shed on the fact that I've never experienced the 90-minute demo or that "pre-determined point" that you reference, feel free to share!

posted in Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 17 7:04 PM

Well, I'm in a HOP where some guy is going to die if I don't find all the objects in the HOP.

I've found everything except a fan. Where the heck is the fan?

I'm afraid to click on the wrong thing or to just start clicking on anything to find the fan because I'm afraid this guy is going to get an arrow to the head if I do.

I see no one else has come here asking about the fan, so I guess I'm the only dingbat who cannot find it.

Oh, well. I hope the old guy doesn't bite the big one because I can't find the fan...

posted in Dark City: London Collector's Edition on Dec 29, 17 6:17 PM

I've never seen a 90-minute demo since I joined BFG in 2007.

posted in Leaves 2: The Return on Nov 26, 17 7:26 PM

Does anyone possibly know how to turn off the audio on this game? I'm trying to play it while listening to Christmas music, and the audio of one of them has got to go, and it certainly can't be the Christmas music, as that would defeat the purpose.

It's really frustrating for such an advanced, innovative game to not have some way for players to control the audio. Unless I'm missing something – which is entirely possible – that is exactly what has happened.

Merry Christmas and God's blessings on my fellow fishies!

posted in Christmas Wonderland 2 on Nov 23, 17 5:34 PM

To start, this is the forum for Christmas Wonderland 2, so questions about the first Christmas Wonderland should be addressed in that forum.

Secondly, you probably would have received a prompt reply if this question had been posted in the Technical Issues thread. Usually, moderators provide BFG's standard response for those with download/installation problems.

I would recommend you go to the Technical Issues of this or any other game, find where someone had the same problem and follow the instructions provided by the moderator. There are people on every game who have some kind of downloading/installation problems.

I just downloaded and installed the first Christmas Wonderland on a MacBook Pro and had no problem. There should be no reason on the game's end as to why it cannot be downloaded. More than likely, the issue is on your end, although I'm aware no one never likes to hear that!

Best wishes!

I have been totally bamboozled before even starting this game.

Can someone explain to me why on earth a developer have an achievement to encourage players to skip three puzzles?

What possible gain is there to a developer to have its staff work hard – one would hope – on puzzles only to encourage gamers to skip them and reward us for doing so?

"Skip Any Three Puzzles" is an achievement that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me.

No matter how difficult, I never skip puzzles, and the fact that I am certainly not going to start now ensures that I won't gain all the achievements, which flies in the face of why I play these games to begin with.

I play these games to challenge myself. Unfortunately, as inane as these games have gotten, challenging myself is getting more and more difficult, so gaining all of the achievements is about the only way to do so.

Ironically, MCF is the one series that could always be counted upon to present challenges that make me stretch my skills.

I have only gotten as far as the title sequence, but learning now before I even begin that I won't gain all the achievements makes it really difficult to get excited about playing it.

Does anyone have anything to share about this that would help me understand why the developer would make such an achievement? Perhaps there is an angle here I am missing. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

God's blessings to all of you, my fellow fishies, during this Thanksgiving season.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 17 5:28 PM

I need assistance on the achievements in this game.

Of course, I need no help on the regular achievements. It is the ones that are unique to this game that have me baffled. I just created a new profile after playing a significant amount of the game because I think I didn't appropriate nudge a "sleepy student in the cafe" or sufficiently pet a dog.

These are the achievements for which I seek assistance:

Gliding Champion
Deeper Underground
Sleeping in Class
Animal Lover
Around the World: This one I got.
Hairdressers
Sweet Tooth

Now, before someone is tempted to provide for me the little instructions included in the Achievements section, like "Be kind to Alison's dog," I've read those.

What I need to know is: exactly what action is needed at what time to gain each achievement – "...at what time" being the key part of the question.

Of course, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Y'all be good out there!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 17 5:14 PM

You certainly have a right to your opinion, although I think this post would have been better suited for the REVIEWS section of the forum.

I came here looking for an answer related to achievements, but your complaint prompted me to post this response in case someone reading this is tempted to pass this game by because of your review.

My reviews bear out that I can be somewhat critical of games, but I must disagree with your assessment of this game. To answer your question, I think everyone thinks this looks good because it is good.

Fortunately, BFG gives us the helpful option of trying games before we purchase. I encourage everyone to play the demos before they purchase any game and decide for themselves.

All my best to you!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger on Nov 4, 17 4:38 PM

I went to the technical problems thread and found that all but one of the posts dealt with the exact same problem I just had in trying to open an installed version of this game.

The problem is, I couldn't leave a post because the thread is locked. Why?

I still have not be advised in the times I've mentioned this as to why moderators lock threads. What is to be gained by locking the threads? I'm certain there must be a logical answer, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out and remain in the dark.

As for this game, I successfully downloaded and installed it, but when I try to open it, it goes to black until I get the "unexpected close" alert with the option to ignore, report or reopen.

I'm on a MacBook Pro, OS 10.12.6. However, I see that other Macs had the same issue in 2014 on earlier operating systems.

I get it that I'm never going to be able to play this game and since I'm never going to be able to play it, I don't really care to know why it didn't open.

What I would still like to know, however, is why moderators lock threads. Now that is a mystery.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Oct 26, 17 1:22 AM

I've searched the entire Internet and there is not a complete walkthrough for this game anywhere.

If anyone has located one that is not the one on YouTube that is only the first 10 minutes of the game, then please post its location here. I am SO stuck on a puzzle and could use some assistance.

Wish these games came with a strategy guide.

This game is less than a year old. Why are all of these discussions locked?

For that matter, what is the purpose of locking the discussions in the first place? I don't understand that policy. Perhaps if it could be explained to me then it would make more sense to me.

Thank you for any assistance.

linnovak wrote:I see in the achievements that there is one for getting 3 stars in HOPS. How do you get the 3 stars? I have never seen a star level identifying how many stars you have received. Thanks. Great game by the way!

As is always the case with this achievement, it is gained in the Extras section after the main and bonus games have been completed. You are not expected to get this during regular game play.

Robcol wrote:The theme of Paris caught my imagination, well we see the Eiffel Tower in the background once in a while.

It is so dark I could hardly make out a bloody thing, I used hint way too many times, does to even grade as mediocre game.

Bad buy on my behalf

Does this not belong under the "Reviews" thread?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator