Posts created by cheffaking

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 18, 09 9:06 PM
you have to give the merchant back what you traded. The merchant gave you something in exchange for the beer, honey I assume, so give her back the honey and she'll give you back the beer.

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 18, 09 9:05 PM
I had problems with this one also, I assume you are now looking for honey right? There is someone you need to talk to first, I think you need a remedy and don't know it yet. It's been a few weeks since I played this game so I don't remember who you have to talk to. I'm pretty sure it's someone in the village though. Sorry I couldn't help more.

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 18, 09 8:59 PM
when you first arrive, you know, while you're still near the river, go forward a few steps and the beer house is the opened door on the left. Right before the natives building on the scaffold.

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 12, 09 9:04 PM
Have you found the wheat in her father's house?

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 12, 09 9:03 PM
I don't know what's going on with your game. When I got honey from the Temple, I got 2. anyone else get 2? I got 1 bottle of honey, but there were 2 servings of it.

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 12, 09 9:01 PM
can you explain which part you are talking about please? I understand that you're near the end of the game I assume. Are you now trying to retrieve the report?

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 7, 09 6:08 PM
hmmmmmmm, so you had 2 servings of honey right? you should have had 2 servings of honey and used one with a remedy for the male merchant to get the fan leaves, and one for the beer.

posted in Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy on Sep 7, 09 6:20 AM
If you've given away an item, for example, willow leaves, just give the item you traded back to the person, and they will return it. I had a bit of a mess up and thought I needed to restart the game, but I tried to trade back instead. At the House of Beers, don't give the woman the willow leaves, give her the honey instead. But if you did give her willow leaves, give her back the beer and she'll return the willow leaves, then give her the honey and she'll give you beer.

Side note: make sure you trade with the female merchants first. If you trade with the male merchant and ask for fan leaves, you will then have to make his remedy before he returns to his shop.

I liked this game, but loved Egypt III better.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 18, 09 1:48 AM
I played it on Vista as well, I'll search for the second solution and post it.

Here is the second solution BigFishTech game me, but I had no need to try it out since the first one worked.

If you continue to have trouble, I recommend disabling the Aero process in Vista. We have found that Aero can take as much as half of your computers resources just to make the background pictures that move. Disabling Aero is simple; right click on the desktop and Click on Personalize, Click on Window and Color Appearance, On the Color Scheme drop down, choose a lesser scheme other than aero, then click ok. You will notice a big performance difference when disabling Windows Aero.The color scheme is great but sometimes it's best to keep a low maintenance Windows Vista PC.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 12, 09 5:44 AM
if I remember correctly, you can find the oil in a basket on the floor at the pharmacy. Same place you completed the mahjong (sp?) puzzle.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 11, 09 10:43 PM
m5c272006 wrote:Hi I am having the same trouble. Have you been able to get passed it yet? This is my first time posting.

Thanks for any help.

Alright, first I'd like to thank Jared from BigFish Tech Support for the remedy to this issue. It wasn't hard to resolve at all and I appreciate your help. Next, here is the solution he gave me via e-mail, I'll add a note or two because some things I had to fiddle with. E-mailed solution below....

I recommend that you try running Eye of the Dragon in compatibility mode for Windows XP. In XP compatibility mode, the game will have an easier time accessing the resources that it needs to load and run correctly. Here are some instructions for setting the game to run in compatibility mode:

1. set Windows to Show Hidden Folders. To do this, please go to...

-Start Menu
-Control Panel

If you see a Folder Options icon, click it, click VIEW, and click "Show Hidden Files and Folders".

If you don't see a Folder Options icon, click "Appearance and Personalization" and then click "Show Hidden Files and Folders".

2. go to the following location

-Local drive C ( C:/Program Files/Diamon Jones - Eye of the Dragon)
-Diamon Jones - Eye of the Dragon

3. RIGHT-click the executable file with the same name as the game and choose PROPERTIES (on my computer, this was not the same name as the game, it was just called (game) and it had the orange ball icon to the left of it.)

4. click the COMPATIBILITY tab and set the program to "Run in compatibility mode: XP SP2"

5. try playing the game again.

This is the solution that worked for me. It took the game a while to load, going from the game and back to desktop a few times so be patient. When I played the game, I forgot what the rules were for maneuvering the tornado, balance the little red arrow using the left and right mouse button between the green section at the bottom right of the screen.

If anyone has more problems with this part of the game, there is also another solution I was given should the first one fail to work. Let me know how it goes.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 11, 09 9:50 PM
it took me soooo long to beat him. He does a 4-move attack sequence, and I usually hit him once after that. Just keep dodging every move, and after his forth attack, hit him then.......You're not alone, this might be one of the toughest mini games in the whole game.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 10, 09 3:49 AM
have you gotten the book from the bookstore yet along with it's missing pages?

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 10, 09 1:35 AM
no i haven't. I wrote in to customer support and they are trying to get a solution for me. I'll let you know what happens.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 5, 09 10:12 PM
i posted about this earlier and got no reply......i'm having issues even starting the darn thing.........my balloon disappears when i left click, then the minigame starts over. anyone have this issue........I already uninstalled the game and will re-install and start all over to see if that was the problem.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 5, 09 10:10 PM
what do you mean, the port area? the area with the fish? what have you done so far?

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 3, 09 6:03 AM
bfavs............have you gotten past the tornadoes? if so........did you have any issues with the "hot air balloon" disappearing and the mini game suddenly starting over?

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 3, 09 6:01 AM
no audio from the characters..........not this time.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 2, 09 7:30 PM
the walkthrough works...........write down the numbers posted as the solution to the chess game (first number is row, second number is column). as you go through, sometimes you will only have one choice. I'd follow the (R-L) sequence until near the end and then for the last few ones, you can just start to eliminate whichever and see if that works, just so you won't have to keep going back to the notes you wrote down. if that doesn't work, you can always right click to go back to the last one you were at when you were using the sequence.

posted in Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon on Aug 2, 09 7:22 PM
this one took me several tries...........everytime you use the left, right, up, down arrows, it moves the entire puzzle board in that direction just a little bit, you can tell by looking at the bottom right corner of the screen to see a smaller version of it. You can actually get your silver ball to stay at one place if you time it correctly. Just remember that for example if you use the up arrow just one time...the board on the bottom right goes up a little. Keep that in mind when going through the maze and when trying to avoid the "black holes".

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator