Posts created by grma61

JandySan wrote:Not for me. Don't like the morphing objects at all. Much prefer a list of items to find.

I was so looking forward to this game but to me it is very disappointing... Don't like morphing items especially when they come back again & again. I prefer hidden objects that disappear after you find them. Maybe when the SE game comes out and after the trial it will be a buy for me but I seriously doubt it.

Rachieroos wrote:I was looking forward to this one. Have just played the demo (30 mins and yes I "cheated" and used the SG a bit because I got impatient ) but am left feeling unsure about whether I will buy. The graphics and music, as ever, are outstanding. The atmosphere is spooky, I LOVED going back and recognising bits from my previous visit as well.

I just don't like those dang morphing objects. They're cool, as an "extra" little touch (as in Madame Fate and the CE of Dire Grove for example), but as a replacement for EVERY potential H0 scene? Not for me. I found it frustrating and a little tedious if I'm honest.What a shame - I feel like BFG took a creative, novel gimmick and went overboard with it! I think it would have been better to have had a mix of morphs and H0 items. Because of this, I am definitely not going to purchase this game as a CE.

Because of the potentially long and exciting gameplay, I will be waiting and getting as an SE and I just hope there won't be too many morph scenes and they don't drive me too mad

Cant find that damn brush, please help, I read all the other complaints about not finding the brush but no one has the answer, other threads. spoilers what that??? moderator!!! HELP!!!!

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Oct 3, 11 8:48 AM
Just finished The Maze and was delighted with it. Elephant games are a favorite developer of mine. Just when you think its over there is still so much to explore.
Great game. And I didn"t have to spend the money for a CE. Yahhhhh!!!

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 18, 11 9:25 AM
Loved the game so I bought it with a credit I had. A little slow to respond but now I cant pick up anything with cursor! Im in the quicksand and got to cut the rope but I cant pick the knife up from inventory..

posted in Nightmare Realm on Aug 22, 11 7:37 AM
I agree with you all, although I got only 32 origami the forum showed me that even if I got all 33 there was nothing left for me to do. This was disappointing because I was gonna start all over again to see where I missed one. Very misleading but I did enjoy the game very much.

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 10:34 AM
Oh where , oh where is the walkthrough?

Can anyone tell me where to find the firewood? I got the axe but cant find the lousy firewood... Please help !!
Good game but wont buy until the walkthrough??? Please help anyone!!

And I'm glad goofy is back too! But who is he?? LOL

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain on Apr 28, 11 2:54 PM
Just finished this game,just when u think its over, there is more. Pretty exciting!!!

I call this one Fine Swine

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain on Apr 9, 11 7:05 AM
Tks for telling the length of this game since I already used a credit I have to buy it
your comment was helpful in my decision.

posted in The Fool on Apr 5, 11 6:13 AM
I thought this was a buy for me so I waited for my game credit, but after finishing the demo in the second chapter it might be very short game. To those who bought this game am I right??? To all u grandmas out there who have trouble sleeping thanks to big fish for keeping me occupied until I can fall asleep again. I just recently became a GREAT grandma

posted in Maestro: Music of Death on Mar 26, 11 7:11 AM
Played the CE and liked it very much but I went ahead and bought another CE, glad the SE came out today, its a buy for me but I'm waiting for my free game club credit that I'm supposed to get shortly lol

posted in The Revenge on Mar 23, 11 8:15 AM
No sound after i fixed the sound option I downloaded again and still no sound. Game looks interesting but cant play without sound?? Please fix if you can.

After i downloaded again, I got the sound after i put an x in the music options not a check mark. Game works but still not a buy for me because it is very slow moving.

posted in The Revenge on Mar 23, 11 8:12 AM
Having trouble with sound like everybody else, cant play without sound!!! Downloaded twice but still no sound even after I fixed the sound option Sorry, please fix

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story on Mar 14, 11 10:31 AM
I just finished this game and I had a great time. I would recommend this game to everyone. It had everything I would want in a HOG. I was beginning to think the only good games were CE'S. Thanks BF this has been a long time coming.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 11 10:14 AM
I bought this game in 2010 when it was a SE (standard edition), I am downloading the SE version now and will play for a while before I decide to buy the CE

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 11 10:03 AM
b00kworm wrote:I downloaded the game (without any problems, I'd like to add) and fell in love with it on the loading screen.

The game is as dark as I like them (I'm not that far in right now, just reached chapter 2 and bought it), wonderful scenes and interesting twist (the briar hedge coming back centuries after it should have disappeared).

In fact, I've waited for a dark game based on the Grimm fairy tales. They're quite dark themselves (the original stories, not what animated movies have often made of them) and, of course, known to lots and lots of people.

Can't say much about the additional content so far, as you have to play the additional quest to unlock them and have to finish the game to unlock the additional quest.

Still, one big thing is the fact that you can access the strategy guide without going back to the main menue. (Just as in the last hidden objects CE.)

Somehow I can't pass any of the CEs by... They're exactly my taste.

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 11 1:59 PM
satexasgirl wrote:
grma61 wrote:I am ready to buy CE game which one would you all chose any one from the last few
weeks?

That's hard, but I personally like this one as well as "Dark Parables: The Frog Prince".

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 11 9:18 AM
I am ready to buy CE game which one would you all chose any one from the last few
weeks?

posted in Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come on Feb 19, 11 8:53 AM
pvsquare wrote:
LaDish wrote:
Tabbitha53 wrote:As soon as I hit 'Play' I get the access denied message.I have reinstalled 3 times now but still getting the same error message.

A reinstall usually fixes any games I get a problem with but sadly not this time.

Any advice gratefully recieved

ty

tabby

here, too, tabby
I am getting the same message. What a bummer. I hope you get this fixed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator