Posts created by songsmith2003

posted in Punished Talents: Seven Muses on Dec 15, 13 9:17 AM
Graphics are clear, music lovely, voice overs well-done. There are a few puzzles interspersed with the hidden objects. They're probably simple for most people, but they're exactly right for me first thing in the morning before my second cup of coffee.

More importantly (unless this game veers drastically to the left) there are no supernatural elements. Punished Talents is a breath of fresh air after being inundated for what feels like years by fantasy/supernatural/curse HOGs and iHOGs. I especially like the Rube Goldberg style murder methods.

I never played the CE so can't compare; however, this was a SE buy for me before I'd finished the demo time. I'm very much enjoying it so far!

posted in The Fog on Dec 10, 13 12:26 PM
BlackWaterRules wrote:Songsmith, if I remember correctly,
I think you need to find a handle for the gramophone
before it will play.
I had a problem with that also.

Ah! That was my guess, but the comment at the top never mentions one. Thank you so much! I quit the demo shortly after and told my daughter, "This game makes me feel stupid." She laughed. Woe.

posted in The Fog on Dec 10, 13 11:51 AM
Not everyone plays the same way. Some people are more casual. They might play because they enjoy stories or to idle away their time. Also, sometimes players get stuck. Walkthroughs are useful tools. I hope the original poster doesn't feel dumped on from all the "who needs a walkthrough" comments.

That being said, I came over here because even though I found the record, the stupid gramaphone won't play and clicking around doesn't provide any further comments about what else it needs. Perhaps it's the wrong record. Eh. I'll figure it out.

See? Sometime you get stuck.

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 21, 10 5:48 AM
This was one of the first games I bought from BFG. It's rather lengthy, the story keeps you interested, the puzzles make sense for the location. I was new to IHOGs and didn't much like the time penalties, but your hints do recharge. I played nearly all the time with the magnifier on because my eyesight isn't too good. That helped tremendously.

On top of that, the story is different. I do get tired of all the occult/Victorian games out there. Don't get me wrong--I like those--but a change of pace is always fun and interesting.

At $2.99, it's a steal. I almost want to buy it twice.

posted in Miss Management on Mar 21, 10 5:42 AM
I only made it up to where they hired in the writing talent. One of the few walkthrough/tips sites that talked about this game said you had to keep buying the manager brownies so she'd move really fast.

I did like this game a lot, though. The faces the accountant made kept me in stitches. Beef stroganof!

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Mar 17, 10 4:27 PM
Did you bring Tara and your other characters to the place where they can exchange goods? If not, you need to go there, put the idol on the big lazy susan thing and click on it until it's by Tara and she can take it and put it into her inventory.

posted in Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile on Mar 16, 10 6:44 PM
It's too many chapters for me to go through and try again, but the GZ walkthrough says this:

Rainbow: locate the colorwheel with the missing color wedges. Find each color wedge and drag it into the appropriate missing spot so that the colors all blend smoothly together. (For example, in between yellow and red would be orange; in between blue and yellow would be green.)

Are you sure you're putting the colors in the correct place?

posted in Vampireville on Mar 16, 10 8:19 AM
I had trouble with this, too. I thought the two red vials at the top were his sample. Turns out you need to go back out into the room. It's somewhere towards the left and up a little (very small red thing). I use a hint because at that time I didn't realize I didn't actually have his blood sample.

posted in Vampireville on Mar 15, 10 9:52 AM
Contact Customer Service (the green box on the lower right of your screen). Some games throw a false positive.

I'm pretty sure that's true in your case so long as you DL-ed the game from here. I haven't seen anyone else mention it. I know I didn't see a warning myself, and I run with a firewall and real time virus/malware checker on.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 15, 10 5:27 AM
Did you remember to equip your new items? I forgot at first. >>

Hmmm, I always went down from the arms dealer past the guy with the pets and then over towards my left and made my way up. I can't remember the exact route. It can be hard to see down there.

ETA: Your purchase screen will have the character's name greyed out if they can't use an item. Mel can use the thief's clothes and dagger (I think that's what they sold; it could have been a leather outfit).

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Mar 14, 10 4:23 PM
I'm pretty new to games like that and tend to do the exact same thing. I've found most of them--not all--are forgiving. I bet if you moved the handle up to fit in the hole your cursor wasn't on the head of the plunger at all.

I'm glad to help. That's the sort of thing walkthroughs just can't help you with.

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 14, 10 6:40 AM
I haven't even played the demo yet, but I've received 3 updates for this game on my game manager. Should I be concerned?

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Mar 14, 10 6:18 AM
Done! This is what I did.

First, I always clear out all objects before I deal with an interactive one. It probably doesn't matter, but you should know just in case. (The glass shards are in the sink).

1. I clicked on the plunger handle.

2. I clicked on the plunger head. I did not try to click where the hole is on the plunger head. Instead, I clicked with my mouse pointer in the middle of the plunger head. My mouse pointer held the handle in the middle of the handle.

That's all it should take. Are you trying to work it so you place the end into the hole? You don't need to do that.

Hope this helps!

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Mar 13, 10 5:51 PM
I remember it was near the beginning part. If you can be a little patient, I'll replay through that to see what exactly I did. I probably just dragged one onto the other, but I'll check.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 10 7:47 PM
Gentlsong and Genkicoll, thank you for explaining. I wasn't aware of any of that (probably because I'm a semi-hermit). I thought since they offered 3 punch card credits for a CE that they must have a way to accept the game club credits, too.

Silly computer programs.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 10 7:08 PM
I agree, Kady. I'd like to spend my game club credits (money I've already given to BFG) on CEs if I want to. Since they sell for 19.99, I'm pretty sure it would take 3 of them even if they did accept them.

I can understand them not wanting to allow the free game coupons towards them, but they received money for game credits. Why not let us use them?

posted in Millennium 2: Take Me Higher on Mar 12, 10 3:48 AM
Alan_Pendragon wrote:Daggerfall and Might and Magic 6 to 8 for me

Was M&M 8 the last RPG-based M&M? I didn't like that one as much. I started the series on M&M 2 and gosh how things have changed. There was no journal or automapping. I must have had an entire notebook of notes taken down between codes to get into places and who to see for what. That's one game play aspect I do not miss!

Ugh! How could I forget the Elder Scrolls games? Put them on my list.

posted in Millennium 2: Take Me Higher on Mar 11, 10 5:13 PM
I'm curious, how many of you have played the older RPGs from big companies (Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Fallout, Planescape Torment, Ultimas, Bard;'s Tale, Might & Magic)?

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Mar 11, 10 4:30 PM
Is that in the first book?

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Mar 11, 10 4:28 PM
eddyatwork wrote: I can understand somewhat about sin increasing in a dungeon because in a way you are going into the creatures' homes and attacking them, but a bandit trying to rob you is a pretty clear cut case to me.

You said that so much better than I did. The Ultima series worked with virtues (basically, you had to play good instead of walking into people's homes and robbing them) but even they didn't penalize you for defending yourself. The amount you are penalized is also ridiculous. Whether you agree with there SIN trait or not, you shouldn't lose so much in one go without a lot of chances to regain it.

Also, hunting and fishing raise SIN? Seriously? Not everyone is a cotton/linen wearing vegetarian.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator