Posts created by picman050967

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 12 12:54 PM
Hello Fishies.
Sorry for
my weekend absence. I see you have all been making progress without me.
I had a few lucid moments this weekend and got to play a few more hours into the "beta" of the new MCF. Nice!
Unfortunately my "bug" came bak with a vengeance and I am still far from finished with the game (or this ailment ). The cold chills were in me for to all when they cam back. I not sure why but still bed.
Then the forums were back to the insiders agin. but more luck hopefully there here.

Picmna

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 12 11:28 AM
weissvonnix wrote:Honestly, either l need a good nights long sleep or some better clues or statements what we got right yet.
l really start to get bored!
lt feels, like we´re running in circles for days now, solving the given weird hints, which lead to nothing and nowhere as long as our solutions don´t get confirmed.
And right now a new strange hint.. But what for?
This is tough as leather this time and not much fun in between.

Sorry, rant over.

I will ask Hondo to post some "inklings of which speculations are right and which are wrong, but perhaps by user's name who are "hot" on the trail versus not mentioning those that had ideas that were creative, but off-track.

Picman

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 12 11:26 AM
Happy 7th of November! We hope you’ve been enjoying this year’s speculation thread as much as we have.
Our puzzles seem to be no match for you. That may change after today. That’s right, today your skills will truly be put to the test. However, the challenge is not just solving the clues, it is also finding them! These clues are being planted by the extended Big Fish team, as my brain is still foggy and seems incapable of stumping you all. When I am feeling better I will come up with some "doozies".

Best of luck fishies (detectives).

Picman

Congratulations fishies! I can’t say that I’m all that surprised, but you’re doing quite well this year. And with how hard you’ve been working, you deserve a break. My doc told me to relax and the best way for me is to dive into a new game. Maybe you all should take a breather and find a game to relax(or energize) the brain for a while?

If you have an iOS device, I’d highly recommend checking out our newest release, Plunder. I knew Plunder was in the pipeline, but it wasn’t until after Hondo had mentioned something that I remembered it was coming out this week. We know many of you have been waiting for this one, and from what I am hearing, it was definitely worth the wait.

I think I’m going to call it a day; enjoy some plunder and then get some rest. I want to make sure I get over whatever it is I’ve come down with before the holidays arrive.

Picman

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 6, 12 12:34 PM
If you're having trouble solving yesterday's puzzle, it might be because you're missing some pieces.

Add 3 e's to my last clue, and you'll have all you need to solve it. Sorry. Azer...

Apparently the fog in my head is as thick as the fog over Elliot Bay this morning. Doc said to take it easy, so today’s post will be short. If you need a nudge in the right direction, Hondo says he'll reveal the key on his birthday.

Picman

Sorry. Slept most the weekend. Trying to shake this thing. Had the chills too. Off to see the doc tomorrow.

"It isn't fixed raid."

The clue above is from a neighbor of my friend Georgia; she does not speak the king's tongue and she's one of Prince Caspian's 5 friends!

Picman

Wow. 24 pages of posts!
An Eagle's...one with 4 tires in 1990.

I still can't shake the "blahs". Headaches and chills are back. Posting from my bed after a restless nap. Can't be the weather...The sky today was sunny, with touches of violet.

Here is the puzzle for the day:
"Offshore Vile Welt" author.

Picman

Sorry for the silence. You bright fishies solved my last clue in minutes...but what does it mean?
I meant to post earlier but had a foggy headache that kept me up late then I slept 12 hours but I'm still exhausted. Thanks for the light therapy suggestion, but this feels more like I am coming down with something. Wet winters and 2 young kids in school is a bad combination! Arg.

Oh, bird of prey that owns the night
Use of me to win the fight.

Picman

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Oct 31, 12 9:22 PM
I'm baaaaack!
And like last year, for those conspiracy theorists, it is really me...no one ever posts as me!
I've had this date circled on my calendar for quite some time now. This thread, which has become an annual tradition dating back to PICKING PICMAN'S BRAIN in '08, always seems to bring out the best of our community. People working together to solve the latest puzzle, new fishies mustering up the courage to take their first dip in the pond, only to be welcomed with open arms by the pond veterans... it's all great to witness, and I'm excited to be a part of it again this year!

And so with that, I'd like to welcome everyone to... The Official Mystery Case Files 2012 Speculation Thread!

Some of you have already been speculating for weeks (ok, months) and some of you have even been asking: "What is there left to speculate about this year when the title, plot, and release date have already been announced?"

Fishies, fishies, fishies... if you really thought that that was all we'd have to offer in this year's speculation thread... that we didn't have something else up our sleeves... well then you have seriously underestimated us, and for that, we may just have to set the difficulty level to 'EXPERT' this year. That's right, no sparkles or quickly refilling hint buttons in this thread!

I meant to start posting last week but have been low on energy...maybe it is the drizzly Seattle fall...hopefully I can perk up and make some lively clever posts.

8 12 14 22 7 19 18 13 20 8 13 22 5 22 9 24 19 26 13 20 22

Picman

vingilot wrote:I was going to go to sleep, but so far, it has eluded me.

Hey, Picman, I got one for you:

What has 2 legs, runs forward and never stops moving for fear of being hit by rotten vegetables, and is known as PTH in the pond?

17 more minutes. +5 for Macs.

PTH?

POSTED TO THE TICK TOCK FORUM

Play into the game. As always the MCF team is "doin' things a little different". I was kind of thrown by how different, but their incredible game design, story telling and absolutley ridiculously sarcastic humor wins out and the game is awesome. Different, but awesome. Some of the latter scenes are belly achingly funny, and the puzzles get progressively more challenging as the game moves along. The game beta survey was by far the top scoring survey this year.
I am 5 hours in and don't think I may be almost half way done. It is also a long and deep game.

Picman

Caveat: This is not BFG picman sales hype, it is me speaking with my lifelong gamer hat on!

Play into the game. As always the MCF team is "doin' things a little different". I was kind of thrown by how different, but their incredible game design, story telling and absolutley ridiculously sarcastic humor wins out and the game is awesome. Different, but awesome. Some of the latter scenes are belly achingly funny, and the puzzles get progressively more challenging as the game moves along. The game beta survey was by far the top scoring survey this year.
I am 5 hours in and don't think I may be almost half way done. It is also a long and deep game.

Picman

Caveat: This is not BFG picman sales hype, it is me speaking with my lifelong gamer hat on!

mamajay wrote:Sooo, 11 legs were a red herring, but what about 'latin to the bronx', Picman? Was that a red herring too, or was it a real clue? Hey, I rhymed, lol.

I did wonder earlier, many many pages back, if it was something to do with hispanic peoples, as they seem to like living in the Bronx? Anyone else got some more suggestions? Or do you think we really will have to wait til we're playing the game? Sigh.

About an hour to go, methinks, yay

I am really really glad it isn't being released on the 27th - I will be working in a polling booth all day - first time ever so it should be a very interesting experience - but devastating if I knew the game had to wait, lol.

Sorry...the whole phrase was a red herring.
BAM
(Picman takes a rotten eggplant right in the face...runs off scared.)

slips in quietly.
Has a quick and a
leaves behind a

Who was that

GameLvr30 wrote:
picman050967 wrote:Tick....
Tick....1
Tick....2
Tick....3
Tick....4
Tick....5
Tick....6
Tick....7
Tick....8
Tick....9
Tick....10
Tick....11
Tick....12
Tick....13
Tick....14
Tick....15
Tick....16
Tick....17
Tick....18
Tick....19
Tick....20
Tick....21
Tick....22
Tick....23
Tick....24
Tick....25
Tick....26
Tick....27
Tick....28
Tick....29
Tick....30
Tick....31
Tick....32
Tick....33
Tick....34
Tick....35
Tick....36
Tick....37
Tick....38
Tick....39
Tick....40
Tick....41
Tick....42
Tick....43
Tick....44
Tick....45
Tick....46
Tick....47
Tick....48
Tick....49
Tick....50
Tick....51
Tick....52
Tick....53
Tick....54
Tick....55
Tick....56
Tick....57
Tick....58
Tick....59
Tick....60
Tick....61
Tick....62
Tick....63
Tick....64
Tick....65
Tick....66
Tick....67
Tick....68
Tick....69
Tick....70
Tick....71
Tick....72
Tick....73
Tick....74
Tick....75
Tick....76
Tick....77
Tick....78
Tick....79
Tick....80
Tick....81
Tick....82
Tick....83
Tick....84
Tick....85
Tick....86
Tick....87
Tick....88
Tick....89
Tick....90
Tick....91
Tick....92
Tick....93
Tick....94
Tick....95
Tick....96
Tick....97
Tick....98
Tick....99
Tick....100
Tick....101
Tick....102
Tick....103
Tick....104
Tick....105
Tick....106
Tick....107
Tick....108
Tick....109
Tick....110
Tick....111
Tick....112
Tick....113
Tick....114
Tick....115
Tick....116
Tick....117
Tick....118
Tick....119
Tick....120
Tick....121
Tick....122
Tick....123
Tick....124
Tick....125
Tick....126
Tick....127
Tick....128
Tick....129
Tick....130
Tick....131
Tick....132
Tick....133
Tick....134
Tick....135
Tick....136
Tick....137
Tick....138
Tick....139
Tick....140
Tick....141
Tick....142
Tick....143
Tick....144
Tick....145
Tick....146
Tick....147
Tick....148
Tick....149
Tick....150
Tick....151
Tick....152
Tick....153
Tick....154
Tick....155
Tick....156
Tick....157
Tick....158 (159 - I missed counting the first Tick)

Picman

Sorry, not a clue as to the release time, just a tease.
But I for one, just brewed a pot of coffee!
Picman

Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....
Tick....

Picman

mchicspic was here but I did not meet her as I got here just after6:00.
She got an invite!
Picman

Arghh. I am sampling some pirate fare and sipping some suds. I am jolly! Roger, over and out, a few invites remain. Traffic is tough but the booty is grand!

Picman

Arghh. I am sampling some pirate fare and sipping some suds. I am jolly! Roger, over and out, a few invites remain. Traffic is tough but the booty is grand!

Picman

ThomAndJerry wrote:
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

As for those unable to get past the Materialization/painting portion, as this was a progression block reported with the beta version, please uninstall and reinstall the game via your Purchase History (as long as you've purchased the game with Big Fish Games or an affiliate). If you've purchased this game from another site, it's possible that you've downloaded the beta version, as we've found that it had been shared with some illegitimate sites.

Thanks you just gave me a reason "not" to buy the game - or probably any other game from now on (3 games with the same "beta glitch excuse" in the last month.. sounds like you all need to find some new game developers and fire the ones you have). lol. How can these people who have purchased the game be having an issue that you claim was only in the beta version? I have an idea.. with all that money you guys make, why would you even need the public to test the betas? Don't you have enough employees to do that for you? Wouldn't that solve the "shared with illegitimate sites" issue?

In truth folks, their telling you exactly what the issue is. It wasn't in the betas - its a purposeful glitch in the released game so that you will buy the game and so that people cannot share it on any of those so called "illegitimate sites". Which is perfectly fine, I just hate to see anyone lied to. There is no way a game developer can have that many games in a row with a "beta" glitch and then release it with the same.

Not lies, just trying to be polite.
Betas are a polite way to indicate that users with these specific issues did not get these games from BFG. Yes we sometimes intentionally release broken beta builds, in a very specific way that only pirate sites find them, before or on the day the game is released. They are ONLY picked up by the software piracy sites when they scrape our servers every hour looking for new games to crack and illegally distribute (and often inject them with viruses or tracking software). So when we refer to beta builds, yes they are beta builds, yes, they do not work and yes that is intentional. Piracy hurts everyone as it is stealing from independent developers who build these games and hurts their ability to make more games for consumers to play.

As always, if you have an issue with any game legally obtained from this site or an affiliate, contact CS.

Picman

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator