Posts created by meisie99

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 15 10:42 AM
My husband and I have been playing this game and really enjoying it until we got to chapter 5. Now we can go no further because the locket is missing in both our games. We had to each buy the game and are now out $10 for a VERY GOOD game that we cannot finish. This is extremely frustrating. Starting over doesn't work for us.
?????

posted in Finding Hope on Sep 9, 11 8:49 AM
The main reason I play games is to be entertained and escape from reality. This game is too real and very depressing. Although it is well developed, the content is just too real. I'll give this game a pass. It's a no buy for me at any price.

posted in Clutter on Jun 11, 11 4:13 PM
I'm just now getting around to playing this game. I bought it after 15 minutes. I'm ready to downsize and clear away the clutter. I love the tips and advise for this and would recommend getting "Clutter".

posted in Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin on May 21, 11 7:46 PM
I love this game. I just finished the demo - completed chapter one. The story is intriguing and I like the interaction between the two main characters. The graphics are great and the mini games are mixed between easy and complicated, but also unique which is always a factor in buying a game for me.

Definitely getting this one!

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Nov 14, 10 12:06 PM
Finished playing this game and really enjoyed it. After playing it through again, I realized I had already played it once when it first came out. So, definitely a good replay value after a year or so!

Clean graphics, good story, but mostly straight HOG. Nice relaxing game for a Saturday afternoon.

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 14, 10 12:04 PM
Definitely a buy for me! This is my kind of game and I love it! The music is fitting, the graphics are great and the game play is challenging. The story is interesting. All in all it is the kind of game that hooks me. And as an extra bonus, it appears to be quite long.

Absolutely 5 s and 5 s
Count me a player!

posted in Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice on Nov 12, 10 5:47 PM
This game is just weird enough to draw me in - definite buy for me. Unique twist to HOG play and I love it. The music is haunting, and the story line is very intriguing. I have not turned off the music or sound. The graphics are a bit off, but only in the weird scenes. In the house everything is crystal clear. I can see where people either love or hate this game. Not likely to find many in the middle.

Five for me!

posted in Unlikely Suspects on Nov 8, 10 5:18 PM
windrose53 wrote:
chelsq wrote:i downloaded the game and it downloaded fine and for some reason it wont play the game it doesn't start at all but the game from yesterday did and was wondering why it wouldn't even start after clicking play game

I'm having the exact same problem. I click play from the game manager and nothing happens. Well the game manager goes away, but the game never starts.

Same problem I'm having. My operating system is Windows 7 32 bit. I'd like to know if this game doesn't work in this environment or if there is something else I can try.
Thanks!

posted in Woodville Chronicles on Nov 8, 10 4:43 PM
I love the graphics in this game. The match 3 is fun and nice to have a choice between timed and untimed. I would get it except that I already have half a dozen M3 games that I have not completed. I'll put it on my list for later, but it's fun and nonstressful on relaxed.

posted in 3 Days - Amulet Secret on Nov 7, 10 2:18 PM
:The load time on this game is particularly long, but it does eventually come up. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on Windows 7 or not. I like this game. I like when HOGs have multiple game plays, i.e. silhouttes, actual object, matching object. I also enjoy the mini games. I think on the demo I got through 5 or 6 levels, and with 29 levels it is a long game so well worth the purchase price. This game is a definite buy for me. The graphics are good and the objects are medium difficulty.

Also, I'd just like to say that I really add my comments here so that if I come back to a game I didn't buy, I can look here at what I thought of it, instead of trying to remember what I thought about it originally. I skim read other reviews for additional input and have found that goofyduck gives really good game reviews, which are much appreciated by me.

posted in Atlantis: Mysteries of Ancient Inventors on Nov 6, 10 5:19 PM
Good straight HOG game. Problem is I don't really enjoy straight HOGs anymore. I've become spoiled with the adventure hogs that have great graphics, great story and exciting game play. It may just be a phase but for me this is too much like the old style. Plus I didn't think the actual game play was that good. It was nice to have the quickly replenishing hints, but the font style used was irritating, especially when creating the words. All in all a nice game but just not for me.

Count me in the group that enjoy this game more than the Phantom of the Opera. This is a great game and I feel that it is well worth the CE price. Took me a bit to get around to playing it, but it made for a very happy day of game playing. Kudos to the developers and for the offering!

posted in Mystery Valley on Oct 31, 10 4:33 PM
I got to the start of day 4 in the demo so it's a really short game. I wasn't that intrigued with it either. The music was nice, the graphics just ok. I didn't care for the hidden object scenes and thought the story was not all that interesting. Lot of mistakes in the dialog. I'll give this one a miss.

posted in Cursed House on Oct 31, 10 4:25 PM
I bought this game after the demo and started a new card because I couldn't wait until tomorrow. Now I'll just have to buy five more to fill my card

Although the game board pretty much stays the same, I like that the game play changes with each level. I also like not having a timer. Great M3 game! Good graphics. Good music. Fun play.

posted in Letters from Nowhere on Oct 30, 10 12:03 PM
Finished the demo but I had to force myself to do so. In my early days I enjoyed straight HOGS, but not anymore. It just becomes boring for me. I'll give this one a miss. However, good graphics and storyline.

posted in Youda Survivor on Oct 30, 10 10:03 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I love the graphics and the game play is reminiscent of Farm Frenzy. I was only waiting for a sale to buy it. Thank you for the SPOOKY sale. This game is now mine!

posted in Great Secrets: Nostradamus on Oct 29, 10 5:16 PM
kitty1 wrote:Great premise for a game, but poorly executed.

I agree with Kitty1. After the first couple of scenes I didn't bother reading the dialog anymore. I love puzzles and there is a lot of variety in this game. Unfortunately, the puzzles are super easy. I was hoping they would get harder. I really do not like find the difference puzzles.

I played on advance and got about 1/3 of the way through in the hour demo. The game would be long enough to buy, but unfortunately the graphics and puzzles are not worth it.

Love, love, loved it . What a great game, the graphics are amazing, the music is beautiful and haunting, the sound is appropriate for setting the proper atmosphere, and the voice overs are very good.

The CE edition is really worth it because not only doing you get the extra game play that you can see on the map, you get the full novel, plus the hidden object games that you can play over and over because it's different objects to find each time. Plus the hidden objects in this game are really appropriate to the theme and time frame.

If you only buy one CE game this year, buy this one!

posted in Amelie's Cafe: Halloween on Oct 29, 10 3:30 PM
I enjoyed the demo of this game. I like the Halloween theme. It was easy to learn with the levels getting gradually more difficult. The problem with these games for me is the amount of mouse movement. It's difficult on my arm. If it wasn't for that, I would definitely buy this game for the entertainment factor alone. The graphics are crisp. I can live without the sound

Overall good game for those who have no problem with moving and clicking the mouse constantly.

posted in The Island: Castaway on Oct 26, 10 2:18 PM
At first I wasn't even going to play the demo. I thought another time management game and I wasn't interested. But...I thought what the heck and gave it a go, and am glad I did. There is no time clock involved. I just have to remember to eat to keep my strength up, and having been gored to death by boars twice, I've learned to be very very careful around them My hour demo went by so fast! Of course, I'm tired of everyone telling me what to do while they just sit around daydreaming! I like what Cherbtoo said about it being a figment of Tom's imagination. Cool thought! Now I'm off to get the game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator