Posts created by Smallhaven

posted in Moai 3: Trade Mission Collector's Edition on Dec 27, 15 2:51 PM
Emptied the backpack and was able to finish this level. Finally.

posted in Rescue Team 4 on Oct 29, 14 11:34 AM
Having the same issue. Game listed on developer's sale page yet code does not work.

posted in Weather Lord: In Pursuit of the Shaman on Aug 26, 14 6:36 AM
I'm having the same issue. Close to finishing the game and this is my #1 annoyance with it.

If it's a glitch (which I'm hoping it is because why on earth would they allow a jump in the clock bar of a timed game), it needs fixed sooner than later.

Toucan8727 wrote:I have several levels where I had a lot of gold time left and it totally disappears and goes to silver when I reach a certain point in the game. Why is this happening? Glitch in game?

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 7, 14 3:11 PM
Well, excuse me for misunderstanding this mojo stuff and the nuances of this game. Obviously I was in error. My apologies.

Valdy wrote:
Smallhaven wrote:Plain and simple...

No relax mode = no purchase

The Max Mojo sucks!

And where precisely did you see that it says "only timed" mode? In fact, where did you see that it mentions anything about a timed or relaxed mode?

Oh... hang on... you saw that I mentioned "3 gold stars" and assumed that it MUST mean that this game comes only in timed mode?

(there never is an "eye rolling" smilie when you need one)

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 6, 14 7:43 AM
Plain and simple...

No relax mode = no purchase

The Max Mojo sucks!

posted in Gardens Inc. 2: The Road to Fame on Mar 30, 14 6:03 AM
Levels 1, 11, 17, 22, 26, 28, 33, 35, 39, 44, and 50 have no flower bonus goal to play for.

At least this is how I recall the game play.

Blue box here, too. And it's not my PC with Win8 since everything is top notch on it and new.

So what gives BFG? You going to fix it or ignore us?

posted in Treasure Island: The Golden Bug on Sep 4, 13 6:26 AM
Robilyn wrote:So much for good quality games we can use our punch card credits on. Hey BFG the 1980's called and they want their game back.

ROTFLMAO!!!

posted in A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade on Jul 29, 12 2:11 PM
Thank you so much for the three modes of play. I just completed the game in Relaxed and will restart it at the next level up. Fun game that kept me entertained most of the morning.

posted in Toy Defense on Jun 11, 12 9:15 AM
sartasia wrote:
Hi Small & Tex ...
edited to buy a vowel...

Hiya Sartasia!

What would help in higher sales of this version of Toy Defense would be for BFG to post a Guide/Hint "walkthrough" on the Blog. I've searched online and found some guidance in videos but they're aimed at the "i" app versions. Unless I've missed a concise Guide elsewhere. Have I?

posted in Toy Defense on Jun 11, 12 8:07 AM
I enjoy Tower Defense games and play the good ones over and over. This particular game isn't that great and might due to the conversion from the iPad/iPhone platform that it's a popular app for. The PC download game graphically is fine but the tutorial is sorely lacking. I guess if you've played the game as an "i" app, then you'd be prone to give this version a play and the tutorial wouldn't be a big thing not to have.

Personally, if there was a decent tutorial and not the lame one currently included... I'd be willing to try this game again. But as it stands now, I just can't rationalize the purchase for, in my opinion, an incomplete game.

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 6, 12 2:42 PM
Just an okay game for me in the BAL series. Besides not having a cursor that graphically goes with the game and not the generic white arrow that's offered (not that I could determine), the usage of butterfly's for the fae isn't right. If you're going to use fairy's as the main character of a game... how about using a fairy.

Unsure whether I'll purchase this particular BAL. I'll leave the balance of the demo for tomorrow and see if I can get past the butterfly's and lazy use of a white arrow cursor.

posted in Dragon Keeper 2 on Apr 13, 12 7:51 AM
Why was this update not announced in the GM when I had the game installed and was playing?

Had I not thought to check the forum this morning, I would have had no idea that this update existed.

It was my understanding, and previous GM update experiences, that updates to games purchased/installed would be announced on the GM. And all we had to do was select the update link and voila'! Update done and game play can resume. This did not happen with this game's update. Which was critical to game play since I had concerns already broached in the tech thread.

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Mar 27, 12 10:41 AM
Comment:

It is quite annoying to have to select Play three times and the location circle (psuedo play) just for access to a level.

For the above and that this is pretty much just a rehash of Eiffel Tower, I will not be purchasing this game.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets on Mar 23, 12 2:55 PM
Apart from the awful poser graphic character representing the player, and the horrible voice-over for the children, this was a pretty good game. So glad I waited for the SE, though, and didn't spring for the CE. It all became tedious and boring to me after awhile. But playing it over several day's, I was able to appreciate the hard work and intent of the developers.

Out of five stars with five being excellent...

this game for me was:

posted in Hexus on Feb 29, 12 6:03 AM
This is an excellent game and well worth the DD price. I have replayed it multiple times since it's initial release here at BFG.

posted in All My Gods on Feb 27, 12 8:01 AM
Thank you so much for mentioning this tree chopping move.

posted in Fairway™ on Feb 15, 12 12:13 PM
Thank you for the announcement, dogmama. Enjoy the game on your iPad.

posted in The Cross Formula on Feb 3, 12 10:44 AM
I just completed about forty minutes of the demo and the game isn't as bad as some reviews are stating. Kat Games went with a retro feel with the graphics and music which was a pleasure for me. The background music was 'hip' in a 60's beatnik way. Felt like I should have a beret on and bongos while playing.

The Options does allow for Full Screen, Mute, Custom Cursor, Difficulty levels of Casual, Expert, and Challenge. The hint, skipping of puzzles, and use of tool tips is dependent on which mode you select to play. I did find the Hint to be quite vague and not overly helpful. But then the instructions in the game are collectively vague. The Sound and Music can be adjusted with slide bars.

The puzzles I ran into were spotting five differences in three scenes and several tangrams using skewed letters to fit in the shape. I didn't find any of the the puzzles difficult enough to skip. As for small objects... I didn't think anything I had to locate was all that small. Certainly not so small it couldn't be located in the scene. Though the UFO's in the sky were a booger to see and photograph but I managed with a frenzy of clicking. Must be from the last month of TM's I've played. ~click click click~

The scenes go from hazy to crisp clear and I'm unsure why the developer felt this was necessary. It detracts from the game, in my opinion. And certainly didn't contribute to the storyline or game play. Plus, there are white flashes with the memory sequence and those are very hard for me. White flashes bring on headaches and seizures and I do wish developers would stop using them.

All in all, it's an okay game just under what I'd call "good". It takes a lot of point and click to play it but that was the point, right? It is a point and click game. Would I purchase The Cross Formula? On sale I would. Like BFG's DD price or thereabouts. I am curious as to what happens to the main character, last name of Cross, and what precluded his amnesia. But I am not so curious as to pay full SE price for the game.

I'm feeling thirsty today so I'm only giving this game:

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 12 7:21 AM
Managed to get through last month and not breaking my 'no CE diet' in January. February is here so I downloaded the game and played about a half hour. Gorgeous graphics, lovely voice overs, intriguing storyline... but even in hard core mode - too easy for me and no need for the strategy guide. Now I vacillate on whether to spring for the CE knowing the bonus game play is long or wait for the SE. What to do what to do.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator