Posts created by JayTeeLine

Kat 1117,

I did the same thing yesterday. But found the game to be good enough to just file my choice under 'lernen gelt'.

Which (if I spelled it right) should be 'learning money' -- well spent (or not).

I really like the game and sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose....but at Big Fish Games you never really lose everything.
I still have the game to enjoy.

Hi ---Sunshinej Thank you bunches from those of us in the pond.

posted in Royal Detective: Borrowed Life Collector's Edition on Feb 22, 17 6:18 AM
dancemom1 wrote:Hi all! Well, we have #4 in this series. Naturally, I have the other 3 and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. As always, I review on the game play and leave the story line to others. I was at the end of my review when my computer decided to take a vacation and tossed me out. Hopefully, I remember everything I had written. That said, the graphics in this addition are very nice and very clear. Animation was very smooth and very well done. Colors are bright and true. Voices are well done and are age and character appropriate, except for Tristan. I thought his voice was about 15 years younger than he looked. Sound FX aren't many, which make the game a little too quiet. Music is soothing and unobtrusive, until something is happening or about to happen and then it picks up.

HOPs are a combination of interactive lists, silhouettes and highlighted word search. The scenes are fairly clear and items are not difficult to find. You are not overrun with HOPs, but have enough to break things up a bit. I found that some of the puzzles were challenging and I needed to use more brain power than usual. Nothing too difficult, but they did take some time to complete. Hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations. You do a lot of back tracking, so this saves a lot of time. The game flows very well, so you don't really get tired of running back and forth. Because of this, I did not find the need to use the map.

Collectibles were not many, but nicely done. We need to find 28 morphing items. These morph quickly and are different shapes, so be on the lookout. I did not run across any that were too small to see. We also have 12 talismans of various shapes. These are not to small either, but can blend well into the background.

Normally, I only review on the game play, but I really liked this story line. Not so much because of the story, but the characters that are used. Something different for a change. However, the thought of statues coming to life does creep me out a bit. This game has a lot of good qualities, nice HOPs, challenging puzzles and interesting story. I think most all levels of players will find this one fun. Yes, I am adding this to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the review.

Yes it is fun, and I too will be buying this game!!
JT Line

I read Valdy and Love to Miss Lisa's posts and decided to go with buying the game. I couldn't demo it because it said my time was up before I even played it.

Thanks for your posts guys and now I am enjoying the game very much.

My computer has been behaving strangely, so I either had to take a leap of faith and BOGOF -- or do nothing. I NEVER like to do nothing!!

Thanks again

posted in Jewel Match Royale Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 16 2:36 PM
After the developer posted info, I went ahead and used two game credits to purchase the CE. I really like it and am SO glad I chose to do so. What a beautiful game along with soft relaxing music. My kind of game - that is for sure. The time is flying by and I'm a really happy camper.

It is past my bedtime........so sweet dreams from Denmark.

JT

posted in Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 16 8:08 AM
Just wanted to add my thanks to sunshinej for posting the list. I need to double check my purchase history to see if I have all the others. When a series is good, it is usually very good -- and worthwhile to check them all out.

Ooops edited because I forgot the j on sunshinej.

posted in Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 16 7:18 AM
With the sale today, it was a buy for me also. I too liked what I played,

So far I am happy with my choice. It is 4:10 pm here and already dark. The darkness is a reminder of why I buy so many games.

A good game makes the darkness go away, puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart!!

posted in Lost Lands: The Wanderer Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 16 4:51 AM
Sazoria Thanks so much.

posted in Grim Facade: The Red Cat Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 16 5:48 AM
Your kindness is very much appreciated by many, many, MANY of us fishies here in the pond!!!!!

That is good information to have. Now I need to keep my codes in order so they will do me the most good. I really depend on this forum to help me out.

I need to do my homework!!

Thanks again so much to all the regular posters on Big Fish!! You never fail to help me out.

It worked for me too, at 3:30 pm in Scandinavia. Thank you so much, Angelfish 106. for me it allows me buy to buy the game - where as I normally could not. I also pay VAT over here, so it is 8.74 and not 6.99.

Well whatever it is - BF is ALWAYS worth it!!

posted in PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 16 5:12 AM
Thank you so much. It still works at 2 pm in Scandinavia. And I am so happy to use it. It's a good day in this neighborhood.
For me and IMO....

Generous and kind 'fishies' swimming in our pond today and every day.

It sure is and still working in dk. Thank you.

posted in Hidden Object: Home Makeover 2 on Jul 4, 16 8:27 AM
So glad to hear that I am not alone. Oh I think my 'smug' days have come to an end. Who knew such a little game could be so frightfully NOT easy. Still smiling.

posted in Hidden Object: Home Makeover 2 on Jul 4, 16 8:17 AM
OK, while I was so regretful that I had 'wasted' a free coupon on this game, the time flew by and before I knew it.....it is two full days later and I am STILL playing this game because I am too stubborn to admit it is such an 'awful' game that I won't give up.

Am totally getting my money's worth here, and really REALLY wondering why (after two days) I can't seem to do anything else.

Durned embarrassing situation to be in at this point in time. heh heh heh

posted in Haunted Legends: The Iron Mask Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 16 10:03 AM
So far -- do good. Although I have not seen 'the prisoner' yet. Am thoroughly enjoying the game, and hope I continue to be free from dreaded errors and resolution issues.

Lovely game that should turn out to be a favorite.....and I hope everyone is soon able to enjoy it as much as I. Sorry for those having problems with it, or those not being able to buy it.

I understand your frustration, and irritation. Keeping my fingers crossed and holding my thumbs to give all of us good luck with this issue.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Iron Mask Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 16 9:14 AM
I have no display problems either. So far anyway. Playing on a full screen, running Windows 10 and my resolution is whatever the game gave me to play with. I am playing with a desktop PC.

Not bragging, because I know how quickly things can go wrong.....but I am really enjoying the game and hope everything continues on in the same fashion.

Sorry for those of you that have decided not to buy. I did buy the game this morning and am so glad all is well.

I love ERS and the games they produce as they have turned out to be my favorites.

posted in Surface: Lost Tales Collector's Edition on Jun 16, 16 8:37 AM
In my experience, you can use the free game coupon on any se that you wish, if you cannot use it -- you will find out just the way you did, beings it will not let you use it. You usually cannot combine more than one way to use up the coupons. Anybody else find a different way to explain it? This is just my own past trial and error. Sorry I can't be of more help.. Have lost many a free game coupon myself... due to those rules. OR have ended up with some strange games I never play. But hey - that is life..

posted in Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps Collector's Edition on Jun 4, 16 1:20 PM
I also am really enjoying this game. The drawings are charming, the colors are beautiful, the music is nice.........

The only thing is a 'snake alert' for those who have a bit of an uncomfortable moment dealing with that thought.

However, it is after all just a game......and it makes me smile at the goodness of being thrown back into a child's wonderland. I find I have been saying ooooh and aaaah a lot while playing - and that very seldom (if ever) happens.

It may end up being too easy, and simple for some -- but every once in a while that suits me just fine. Having a great time, and I am so glad I bought it.

It was a bit pricey today, even with the code. Over here in DK it was over eleven US dollars. But can't and won't complain. I'm a happy camper, and if it is less where you are.....you are very lucky!!!!!

JayTee

posted in Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition on May 18, 16 5:32 AM
Just now finally got around to playing this game. LOVE it so far, after only a few minutes. Music is appropriately spooky as 'all get out'......anybody else use that saying?

And I am looking forward to some fun this afternoon.
WooHoo and off we go.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator