Posts created by springsjulie

posted in Hanging Gardens of Babylon on Sep 26, 11 6:35 AM
Tried to redownload this one 3 times. Sat thru the opening history lesson every time, too. When it got to the menu, the flickering began, the cursor got lost, and then it just stopped working altogether. From the reviews I've read above, sounds like I didn't miss anything, but still--woulda been nice to find out for myself! And yes, I updated my Flash/Shockwave players, and also checked for video card updates, per the tech page on BF. These were not the problems, apparently.

No stars from me at all. Booooooooooo!!!!!!

posted in Jessica Secret of the Caribbean on Aug 11, 11 7:44 AM
Wow, that really sucked.

posted in Jar of Marbles on Apr 22, 11 6:16 PM
Yawwwwwnnnnn.......

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life on Jan 20, 11 5:10 AM
Waaaay too much dialogue, and I couldn't get the stupid chest combination to work even though I had found the combo. I didn't like this at all. Very slow, no helpful hints anywhere (except all those question marks), and it just didn't work for me at all. Skip it!

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Aug 20, 10 7:14 AM
I really liked this game. The graphics were clear, objects easy to find, and there are an assortment of minigames and puzzles that keep it from getting tedious. A fun HOG, even the music is enjoyable. Well done!

posted in Chime Spirits on Aug 17, 10 4:30 AM
Booooooorrrrinnnnggggg. Totally. Played 20 minutes of the demo and deleted it.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Aug 14, 10 2:28 PM
I got stuck in there too! It also froze up my whole system, and I had to do the alt/ctrl/del thing to shut it down. Mighty big glitch. Too bad. I really liked this one.

posted in Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira on Aug 2, 10 7:32 PM
It wasn't as horrible as some reviews here led me to believe. I wanted to see if it was as bad as everyone said, lol. I usually turn down the music/sounds on a game, so wasn't annoyed by any of that. I skip storylines too, and just go for the HOG part. There were some objects that were so blended into the background that I never would have found them without a hint, but I did like that you could find hint tokens (and bonus points and time tokens as well), so those came in handy. The minigames were varied enough not to be boring. The graphics aren't topnotch, but passable. I didn't have any trouble with my cursor being jumpy, as some have reported. All-in-all, not as bad as I would have thought! Okay enough for me to finish the trial.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy on Jul 30, 10 7:38 PM
I wonder if I got the same game everyone else here did! Everyone is raving about it, but for me, I got stuck trying to find the blasted doorknob to open the door in the toy room. The clue tab said it was in the front hallway...I went there..there was a perfectly servicable doorknob on the door there, but no way to take it off (that I could find). This made me frustrated, and so I was done. And like someone else noted, you know you need an axe and a latter, but all you have are a frozen fish and a boltcutter and a photo of a nurse! Whatevs....

posted in The Lost Kingdom Prophecy on Jul 27, 10 2:24 PM
definitely for the younger set. not much in the way of interesting action. just a match-3 game with choices (chain, swap, and group). a little HOG at the beginning to tease you, then it goes away and you're in match-3 mode. not one i'd get. nice graphics, tho.

posted in Immortal Lovers on Jul 25, 10 8:08 AM
Boooorrring! Too many find-the-diff minigames (with too many differences to find in some of them. 18--really? That's a bit excessive, esp. for no better graphics than are here). Random clicking is the only way to find most of them, since you can't really see the differences with your eyes. I got out before the trial was up.

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Jul 24, 10 5:47 AM
I didn't like this game as much as some others have. I felt like it was taking most of the 60-minute trial time WAITING FOR THE NEXT SCENE TO LOAD. Very slow in this respect. Also, there was no option to use a hint during the mini-games. You either solved it or skipped it. Skipping seemed to involve no penalties, so why bother trying to solve it? Also, there weren't really any instructions on what to do in the mini-games. Annoying. I don't want to know all the answers without trying, but a little guidance at times would've been nice.

The graphics were nice, the music not annoying. My biggest complaint is the wait time between scenes. Speed it up, bf!

posted in Journalistic Stories on Jul 20, 10 5:24 AM
I agree with all others who have dissed this game. The language it was written is was obviously not English (the "note" found made no sense at all), and there were no instructions for the few minigames I got to. The cigar thing happened to me too--I couldn't move the trash to get to it. The objects were not recognizable or well-drawn at all, and the music was truly annoying. The sacks episode was frustrating; I just skipped all minigames because they were stupid and taking up too much of my demo time. Turns out I only needed 15 minutes to boot this game out of my system anyway--I hated it!

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 19, 10 11:55 AM
I kept getting booted out of the game every few minutes. Every time I got back in, I'd have to start the same screen over again. After 4 times in 20 minutes I gave it up. Also, as others have said, the objects are impossible to see and can't be found without using the hint button.

Not one I'd recommend!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 26, 09 4:59 PM
it's far too easy to complete. I had almost finished it in the one-hour free trial period. didn't know this when i went ahead and used a perfectly good credit to buy the game later. what a waste of a credit!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator