Posts created by ETCO2

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™ on May 25, 10 4:26 PM
Thanks guys! I was stuck & knew I could go through them one after another but sheesh ..sometimes the forums are much better!

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 5, 10 11:35 PM
Loved it! Enjoyed the New Orleans/Voodoo thing. A different subject and location from other games. Atmospheric and lovely graphics. Ability to skip puzzles if you wanted. Some of the puzzles I did on my own, some I got some help with, and others I skipped. When I play through again I'll be working out the ones I skipped .. I can never wait to get all the way through the first time!

Great game, looking forward to more from this group. Thanks!

posted in Doors of the Mind: Inner Mysteries on Apr 12, 10 9:37 AM
It was definitely short. I enjoyed the graphics, the story was OK, and the little puzzles were fun without being overly taxing. A nice game to while away an hour or so .. one game got me a bit stuck (the jackpot style game), but I did enjoy playing it while it lasted.

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 25, 10 4:36 PM
It wasn't really long, I finished in about 4 hrs, but didn't take a lot of breaks. It was a nice game, not too hard - mini games weren't really complicated. I did have to refer to the walk through for a couple of things. But that made it just hard enough to feel challenging.

I can recommend it for casual gamers who don't want to be stumped & sit forever trying to figure out mini-games.

The story is nice & there is a bonus game at the end - not anything spectacular...it's a new take on an old game. Don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone.

It was worth my monthly game credit even if I did finish it quickly. The graphics are very beautiful - you can see bits of dust floating in light coming in a window for example. Nothing scary or graphic, either.

It was a combination of hidden objects, mini-games, and a bit of strategy.

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 23, 10 2:37 PM
I am also finding the inability to skip things very frustrating. I'm fine w. memorizing the pattern, but can't quite figure out how they want me to repeat the pattern. Do I wait for the pattern to be played out & then click on each ripple of colors? Or do I wait for the color to go away before clicking on the ripple? I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do & can't go any further (as others have mentioned.)

I'm learning the things to look for in a game when I do the hour trial...and skips are one of them!

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 23, 10 2:33 PM
I can't figure out how to do the fountains and the instructions about how to do it aren't much help. I'm frustrated.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects ™ on Jan 30, 10 3:40 PM
Just in case you didn't find this in another post .... I didn't find out the answer to the opening puzzle on my own. Hope this helps you!

(1 being the top and go round in a clockwise last number being 8)

I numbered the slots starting at the top and working clockwise, 1-8. Follow this sequence. The first number is where to place the jewel, the second is where to move it. 1->6, 8->3, 4->1, 7->4, 2->7, 5->2, 5->8 Congratulations, Master Detective!

I'm a bit nervous about the black cat one - I read the story a jazillion years ago & all I remember is the mean cat & the even meaner person who roughs up the cat. I'm a major fan of cats - but especially black cats. At one point in life I had THREE black cats at once!

So I'm a little worried it might be upsetting ... but naaah, I doubt they'd make a game that unpleasant. If we liked those we'd be playing World of Warcraft! LOL

What fun to wait for the upcoming games!

There is a big fishy that posts the answers to the puzzles - sometimes through an online file sharing site & sometimes in Youtube. Those are very helpful. I don't want to skip the puzzle, but I get frustrated sometimes.

Well, I could skip it now & do it properly on the replay.

I am wondering the same thing! Some of the puzzles are simple logic puzzles & that sort of thinking can be learned. So it's perfectly possible that we are getting better at solving some styles of puzzles.

I agree that it seemed shorter than others, but it was still loads of fun. I have to admit to needing to go to the guide for a few steps in the investigation.

Last couple of games I've learned to pace myself so I don't play a whole game in one sitting. That's like reading a book cover to cover at one time - when it's finished I feel sad. LOL!

I didn't encounter any crashes or freeze issues at all. However, I played the game through once & the next time I opened my BFG "Play Your Games" icon I noticed an update for Dire Grove. Perhaps that's why I didn't have any problems.

As a former software developer I can tell you that testing any piece of software is a drawn out affair & even when multiple people test the product multiple times, sometimes there are still bugs. I took my work very personally & felt bad when things didn't work perfectly - especially AFTER a product was released to the public!

The best thing any of us can do for the developers at BFGs when you have problems is to go to the Contact link & tell them about what you encountered in as much detail as possible. That way they can make the fixes that will make the game better for you & the rest of the folks that bought (or will buy) the game.

I liked the RTR games BECAUSE they were sort of gloomy. However Dire Grove was fun, too. The live action portions were interesting & a new twist. I loved reading the labels on the items on shelves & book titles, etc. A lot of word play & jokes. That's why I have replayed the game more than once - I see something new each time I play.

Anyway, those were just my opinions.

I never thought I'd get this addicted to playing any computer game - ever. Yes, I SUPPOSE I could have waited until it was released for $7, but I'm glad I didn't wait. This game was loads of fun to play.

I agree w/others regarding the repetition of the lines when you found each of the relics. It was annoying that you couldn't back out of them even if you had already solved the relic puzzle. Also agree w/BF members who vent re:paying extra for the CD. Printing & shipping a CD is inexpensive these days. It would be nice for members to have access to a CD without an extra fee.

It really would be super for these to be developed for PSP or DS so I could carry the games with me. I spend a lot of time in hospital & the DS is easier to tuck away than a laptop when I'm sleeping or out of my room. The detail is amazing & I find new things each time I play, so I don't get tired of playing even when I've gone through the game 2-3 times.

The outtakes were a hoot. I guess showing the developers working away at their computers w/Mountain Dew towers being built around them will show up w/the next MCF game? That's what I remember from my development days . . .lots of caffeine & Chinese take away.

Thanks for another fun game. Even my parents are interested in this one, they usually don't play anything but Solitare on the computer.

BTW - Another kudos to your tech support group. They are quick to reply, always helpful, and always very friendly. I wish I could get that sort of tech support for all my software & hardware! TTFN

Inky bird - how about a raven? They're black ... I agree w/the idea of some sort of sea journey for the next game. Or marine-themed.

I wondered about the coordinates being nautical coords?? I dated a man who is a Chief Officer on the massive tanker ships. He once mailed me a package from Singapore using an outdated nautical chart as the wrapping...it had similar notations. Things about channels being a certain depth, the use of min in their charting - what I saw in the barrel seemed more like nautical notation than land-based charting notations. But I don't know - it's just a guess.

I love the BFG that are set in the Victorian era or in Victorian surroundings. The whole concept of that era is spooky to me & I guess I'm strange, but I like to be scared - but in a "safe" way - playing games, etc.

I also wouldn't care for anything really violent or bloody & that's why I enjoy these games.

I would say if you found the Ravenhearst games scary then the end of DC might also be scary, but it's worth it. Just remind yourself "It's only a game" & have fun!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on May 31, 09 7:38 PM
I'm new to the Big Fish & have just played the 2nd Ravenhearst game, it was incredible! Thank you to everyone involved for all of your hard work. Before my current "life" I was a software developer and can relate to how frustrating & difficult creating even basic programs can sometimes be...forget about something as elaborate as these games. I loved the mix of finding hidden objects, figuring out puzzles & clues, and the general atmosphere of the games. Wow! Again-Thank you!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator