Posts created by MintyCuppcake

posted in Lost in the City on Jan 14, 14 4:41 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a game that was released on this site somewhere between 2006-2011 (more likely to 2009) that is very similar to this game. I don't know if it's still available on BF or not. but maybe someone will still remember. It was an adventure game like this, the game starts with the character (/you) waking up from being blacked out. You are on the roof top of a building next to a pool. The first puzzle is you have to get inside the building. Once you do, you get a call explaining what you are supposed to be doing. See? Very similar. I thought/hoped it was the same game but it's not. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Sep 5, 11 4:04 PM
Leanda~

I find it amusing that you want to leave the bento puzzles to go back to the sudoku puzzles. The bento puzzles are essentially the same idea as sudoku, only with pieces of bento

As far as the game goes, I LOVE IT! It is now tied at second place for me with Danger on Deception Island. I don't really know how to explain why. Part of the reason I guess is I love Japan. And this is a really good mystery, just the right amount of spooky without being too hard (curse of Blackmoore Manor) and the story kept me guessing literally until the culprit was revealed. I think anyone who enjoys Nancy Drew games won't be disappointed.

posted in Art Mogul on Sep 5, 11 3:34 PM
Wish I had good news for you jeannemaria, but the day after I bought the game, we had a huge power surge and lost a bunch electronic equipment, including the monitor to the computer I had the game on so I haven't played since. But it sounds like we're in luck

Thanks for letting me know you guys! Linear games give me a headache!

posted in Art Mogul on Aug 8, 11 4:33 PM
I acquired my first gallery and several of the needed paintings. There were a couple more that I needed, however I could not afford them. By the time I could, they had been moved out of rotation at the other galleries. I have now earned nearly $100,000, but I have not seen the paintings since. Now the only paintings available to me are expensive ones and I worry I won't see the ones I need again and I won't be able to ever make any progress in my game. And yes, I search every available venue. I go in a little circle, SF, NY, London, Paris, repeat, and I search the gallery, cafe, and auction house. Am I going to have to start over???

posted in Life Quest ™ on Apr 24, 11 10:19 PM
You don't see him, your kids, or yourself (in the house). But since all you see is the living room, I guess your supposed to assume he's in another room?

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Apr 24, 11 10:07 PM
Given the choice, probably Mr. Darcy, or possibly even Captain Wentworth (please keep in mind I only know these characters from the game)

But actually plavying as myself I got Wickeby. I regret nothing! Lol

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Apr 24, 11 10:03 PM
I got Mr. Wickeby. Not entirety surprising :p

And yes, I chose marrying Wickeby over being single forever on purpose.

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Apr 24, 11 5:10 PM
After being extra super cautious (including some back tracking) I finally got Captain Wenworth to marry me! Hooray! He is my first husband (aside from Collins), every other time I ended up as a spinster! I wish this game didn't depend on you knowing Jane Austins books so much, as I haven't read them.

It's kind of funny, but I can't help notice that every time Collins shows up for the first time, I actually sneer at the computer! My lip curls up and my eye starts twitching! I can't help it, that man is just SO repulsive!

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Apr 24, 11 4:59 PM
So there are 3 different Mr. Darcy endings?

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Mar 7, 11 6:28 PM
Pearly11 wrote:He likes you more no matter what you say, you could call him a slimy warty toad if that option was available and he would like you more. He's too full of himself

I refused his proposal THREE TIMES and every time it said "Collins likes you more!" WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT MAN?! Seriously, why has he not been shipped off to a looney bin???

Nobody likes a well-rounded girl...

I spent the whole first few weeks of the game building up my will-power, so I could decline Collins horrific proposal. Plus, I ignored Mr. Darcy, which he seemed to like (are ANY of these men normal?) But soon after I declined Collins proposal, Bigley, his sisters, and Mr. Darcy all left my game. So I set my sites back on Wickeby. I had his interest meter completely full, but I was extremely perplexed when he didn't propose. Even more so when he snubbed me, twice. Both times, I couldn't confront him due to the fact that I had to high of propriety. Enter Spinster ending one.

Drat that Mr. Darcy!!! I decided to go ahead and use the "head start option" (because the general information advised me to "think of the characters in the book", which I have not read) and even then, I was unable to woo him! I became a spinster yet again. Also, again, even though Wickeby's interest in me was high, he still declined to marry me. At least my sister didn't die (how did you guys pull that one off?) I'm also immensely curious at the other endings, since there are 9, but only seem to be maybe 5 men you can marry? Spinster, spinster with a dead sister, and...? Can you marry Denny?

I don't know, as fun as this game can be, it's starting to seem a tad hard...

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Mar 7, 11 2:39 PM
Supple and Supple 2. I want both and neither are available here

Also someone mentioned in one of the other threads under this category Ciao Bella

ETA: due to the similar game play and quality, I thought this game and Cute Knight were from the same developer. Guess not :s

Still, I agree this a lot of fun! Oh, also Fable is available as a computer game where everything you do changes the game. I think it's like a fighting game geared toward boys tho... Some non-dating ones include Kudos, Kudos Rock Ledgend, Fashion Star, Iron Roses, and to a degree, Circus Empire

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Mar 7, 11 2:35 PM
Ugh, I was forced to marry Collins *shudder* *barf*
I was doing well with Wickeby, but I had not built up my will power enough, so when Collin proposed to me, I wasn't given a choice. PUKE! I even lied to him about having the first dance already spoken for AND HE LIKED ME MORE FOR IT! Weirdo! All I can say is if I end up marring him again, I am sooo done with this game! Creeper!

posted in Ski Resort Mogul on Sep 18, 10 10:38 PM
thank you so much Connie! I was getting sooo confused! The make it seem like you have to put all the shops and stuff in certain places, I guess that's not the case at all! Saved me from tearing out my hair!

posted in Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express on Sep 15, 10 5:57 AM
There are 15 different items to be found or examined in Rachett's room. After you find them all, you need to fund a way to read the burned piece of paper. After that, talk to Poirot again. After you talk to him, it will begin the second section of the game

posted in Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia on Jun 7, 10 3:09 PM
I don't know where it is, but satsumas look like oranges

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 7, 10 12:13 AM
congrats! I was playing Sims 3 not to long ago and 3 times it said congratulations it's a girl what do you want to name her? I thought it was a glitch a first! I was so surprised, I've never had triplets in a game before.

posted in Nancy Drew - Danger by Design on Jun 6, 10 10:38 PM
For me, counting at a normal speed to the minimum number plus one usually worked. if you're having trouble putting them in the right area, I tore up a post it note and stuck it to where the bin where while the lights were on, so I could know where they went when the lights were off.

posted in Syberia II on Jun 5, 10 1:30 AM
You might try

Journey to the Center of the Earth
Voyage
Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None
Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun
Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
Or any of the Nancy Drew games (not the Dossier Series)

posted in Nancy Drew - Curse of Blackmoor Manor on Jun 5, 10 1:23 AM
kasia07 wrote:Are you saying that the order of the buttons in in one of the secret passageways? Do you mean the one in the east hall or the gargoyle?

no, I mean google nancy drew walk through. It gives you a complete walk through of the game, so you can find what you need to do.

posted in Nancy Drew - Curse of Blackmoor Manor on Jun 5, 10 1:02 AM
hi kasia,

have you checked a walk through?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator