Posts created by verigo

posted in Christmasville on Oct 24, 14 9:52 PM
I have played this game several times and had no problems, but when I changed to Windows 8- the problem developed that once you completed the puzzle, the game was stuck, and the sparkles would not show the puzzle finished correctly, nor let the game advance to the next section. When I had W7 on my pc, it played okay and no problems. I hated W8, so gave in to the headaches of reinstalling etc, and went back to W7. Well, its had its updates since it was first on my pc, and now the Christmasville North Pole puzzle is doing the same as when I tried to play it with Windows 8- it gets stuck and won't let the puzzle react to be finished. For me the puzzle was easy- especially from having played it several times in the past, and I knew how to double check it to know I'd completed it correctly. One of my favorite things to do for a game is work jigsaw puzzles, I would finish the Christmasvills Polar Map puzzle and have 5 min to wait until the words, please start over with the last segment of the game. Has anyone had this problem corrected? There are two questions about this problem earlier on in the items posted, but no one has answered this problem. If anyone has had this problem and managed to get it solved, please advise on this forum so I will know how to continue the game, and other will as well. Thank you..... Verigo

posted in Top Ten Solitaire on Sep 9, 14 12:20 PM
How do you bypass the 'International Ranking' page, and just play the game. I don't want to play games 'online' as such or post scores anywhere. Somehow I got around this feature in the past, but now that I'm reinstalling my games on a new pc, I cannot find out how to bypass this page.

posted in Babylonia on Sep 26, 11 2:02 AM
It is the game of Hanging Gardens of Babylonia where I need help to progress very much. I am at the point where you enter 2 shops and are supposed to get a gift, or that is what I think one is supposed to do, for the priest, and I get no where but into and right back out of these two places. It gives you no time to get anything to go with your prayer. These games with no directions, can leave one very confused. Does anyone know how to do what is asked, and to get past this point which is right up close to the start of the game? Verigo

posted in Isla Dorada - Episode 1: The Sands of Ephranis on Sep 4, 11 4:09 PM
Read the reviews of first players, and I guess I am out of their league, as I cannot get the game to play past the initial puzzle. I scan the page, and get nothing, but do get t he village map, but that does nothing either. Its just doesn't do anything after the puzzle, but sit there and stare back at me! What am I not doing? What is the game doing besides nothing? So what is one supposed to do to play the game?
Anyone with some answers? Couldn't believe how slowly the game downloaded today! Sure don't don't like the new game manager!

Verigo

posted in Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure on Jul 10, 11 6:50 AM
I've gone through this forum and seen the several questions as to what to do with the 3rd ruby in the tiara, and how to get out of that mini game if that is what its called, but I've found no clues or help to get past this point in the game. Are they any answers anywhere in this forum about this particular point in the game? Verigo

posted in Escape the Emerald Star on Jun 25, 11 12:57 AM
I agree that this game is a terrific one. It only lack one thing to be better, and that is a story line with it, more like the 1912 Titanic Mystery has.
Verigo

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 11 8:47 PM
I agree with you about this game. I thought it great, and didn't mind shooting the pirates either, tho normally don't like that kind of arcade stuff in an hidden object game. At least in doing so here you got extra benefits toward the game overall. I think too that most seniors who play hidden object games will totally enjoy this game, as all the scenes good colors without a lot of dark dingy places,and those that are still let you find the hidden object with little dificulty. I wish too that creators of the hidden object games would leave out the spiders and scorpions and snakes! Those thinks are yuk to see at anytime, even in a game! Hope more of this style game comes out in the future, and this one was a good break away from all the dreary and ugly games that have come out recently.

posted in The Secret of Hildegards on Jun 13, 11 1:01 AM
People who play these games have to remember they are not made for just one person or just one age group. You'd be s urprised how many seniors enjoy these games, but just want better instructions to follow, and in cases like this game, we want instructions period.
Verigo

posted in The Secret of Hildegards on Jun 13, 11 12:56 AM
Like you I'm stuck at how to open the crypt gate. The game would be great if there were more directions and how to's in places like this crypt gate. It would also be helpful if people would stop making dark dreary scenes in the games. Get some light and bright colors. I'm having a hard time finding any games to purchase as I hate the dreary, dark, errie scenes that are way to plentifyl, and I hate the paranormal games, and dream games. You need some bright and cheerful games, that can still have problem t ype stories, but they don't have to involve ghosts and creepy scenes.

I wish someone would come up with how to open this gate, and I especially wish BFG would put their walkthrough on the site, so we have something to find out how to get unstuck in t his game. I'm only glad there is a "skip" for the mini games where you have no idea how to play or what to do.

Virago

posted in Explorer: Contraband Mystery on Jun 28, 10 11:11 AM
This is about the worst game I've tried playing, as 95% of the scenes are so dark you can't tell what anything is, and so many of the clues so small you probablycouldn't see them, if the scene was lighter. I had to adjust my monitor to the max to both clarify and lighten a scene, and nothing helped. I had thought I'd enjoy the game, but when you have to use hints to make your way through it, that isn't enjoyment. I'm very very disappointed in this game for sure. It was rough going during the trial playing, but nothing to what it is once you get past that first hour. I am very sorry I bought the game. As another player said, most all the scenes ended up with red x's all over the place, as it was a case of trying to find the clues where you couldn't see what was what, and ended up using clues to get through. I finally gave up withoutcompleting it when it got to the police inventigations and scenes just got harder to see anything in them. This one needs to be removed from the sales shelf, or else remade so that you can tell one thing from another. A lot of games I've downloaded for trial playing, have had dark scenes, and I haven't bought them,but this is the worst yet. This game would take more than a pro player or top expert to get all the way through it, and then I doubt they would. I'm sure sorry I bought the game, but did based on past Nat'l Geo games that were really good. verigo.

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on Jun 6, 09 11:02 PM
windrose53 wrote:
lordkalvan wrote:I love the cheerful, amusing scenes. I play games that have spooky scenes, but prefer the cheerful cartoony type ones.

Me too. The dark scenes just make it even harder to see the tiny objects.

For all that have this problem of dark scenes making it hard to find objects- the simple solution is to go to your 'Contrast' control on your monitor. There you can increase the amount of contrast, and it lightens all, so things are so much easier to find. Works for all games. Just be sure to put contrast back to the 50% level for scenes that do not need lightening to have all clear, or it will fade out the picture too much in some cases. Every once in a while increasing the brightness level can help as well. Hope this helps all. Verigo

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on Jun 6, 09 10:49 PM
windrose53 wrote:
lordkalvan wrote:I love the cheerful, amusing scenes. I play games that have spooky scenes, but prefer the cheerful cartoony type ones.

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on Jun 6, 09 10:47 PM
windrose53 wrote:

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator